Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bad Melee Player Seeking Advice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Bad Melee Player Seeking Advice 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 30, 2013 6:06am | Report
My milkshake brings all the noobs to the yard. I could teach you, but I have to charge.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » April 30, 2013 6:28am | Report
:D i like to think im pretty good with nearly all the melee's my favourite is arachne, (mainly coz shes a women and a spider and she acts so superior) :D

but dont think i can provide any more advice of what has already been said, but to experiment with different ways of playing the different gods.

its better to find out for yourself in my opinion, because while trying to look for guides on how to play a few characters i am currently good at now, never helped me and i was trying so hard to do what the guide said to do, so what i did was not listen and play the character how i think is best really...
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 30, 2013 10:43am | Report
Learn the switch from defensive to offensive.

Hide behind minions, poke when you can and get out quick. Play safe. Except, as soon as you see the opportunity (like the gang has been saying previously), flip the switch and go hard-mode. Being able to switch from defensive to offensive, and having that switch on a hair trigger, is the difference between guys like you and me who are fair to middling, and really good melee players.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 1, 2013 11:40pm | Report
The main reason people have problems with assasins is because they don't want to play defensive or should I say smarter. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER as my uncle always says when I'm doing something wrong!

Most people think since they are assasins that nobody can mess with them and that everyone will fear you. Well its not the case. The good players like everyone pointed out already will target you because they know you are the DAMAGE DEALER for your team, if they take you out they will only have to fight tanks which have less damage and can't take towers/kills as easy.

What you need to do is find out the players who can die easily on the other team and target them when you have a chance. Do not focus on attacking tanks all the time, tanks cannot deal damage as well they are more of a distraction to soak up damage. If you take out the damage dealers your team will have a easier time winning. You can kill tanks when you get the chance but I'm saying your main goal should be to take out the damage dealers and people that die fast.

Play smartly aggressive, do not go out by yourself if you are outnumbered like I see everyone do because they won't hesitate to jump you when they get the chance even if you think you are far back. Get in and get out, make sure have an escape skill if the god has it. Do not waste those skills unless its 1 on 1 other wise you will be screwed when you start losing and can't get out the battle.

When I play anhur I focus on a few things, I realize that it is my job to clear the waves, I realize that I am the source of damage and I need to be alive for my team to take down kills/towers. I realize that I need to focus on squishy gods instead of wasting time on tanks.

Basically you will find that if you are a melee god, that you will be standing back, you will not be the one starting the fights, you will be the one who joins in the fight after it has started and pick off kills then get right back out of battle. You are not a tank, your tanks are tanks, always remember that.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 2, 2013 3:35am | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

My milkshake brings all the noobs to the yard. I could teach you, but I have to charge.

I will be willing to pay a hefty sum.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » May 2, 2013 5:58am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I will be willing to pay a hefty sum.

lol I accept payments in bottlecaps and skittles :D

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 4, 2013 3:27am | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

lol I accept payments in bottlecaps and skittles :D

Do you take pencils?
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » May 4, 2013 6:27am | Report
Number 2 only

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 4, 2013 11:03am | Report
Damn, I only got M&Ms
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 10, 2013 9:22pm | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

Number 2 only

2B pencils?
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }