Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Avoid getting 60 minute Deserter time outs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Avoid getting 60 minute Deserter time outs 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sinema » September 14, 2017 8:53pm | Report
Greetings,

This is happening way to common.

I will get time to log in and play a game, I log in and selected something in Versus and I am sitting there waiting for everyone to click accept or whatever, I click it and I make sure to press the button 100 times to ensure I click it. I wait and wait and then I get a pop up under the button you press letting me know that someone didn't click the button.

It reloads the screen and way too often I'm hit with a Deserter for 60 mins or 40 mins... sometimes it's just 2 mins or 3 mins.

Then I have to turn the game off and not play because my time is limited in some aspects.

Is this common? it's rather annoying.

Sinema

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » September 15, 2017 4:10am | Report
This only happens to me when my internet is slow, or my bandwidth is being eaten by someone else in the house.

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 15, 2017 4:59am | Report
I would recommend running the diagnostics programs and stuff and reconnecting. maybe it will solve the issue

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Drexler » September 15, 2017 5:24am | Report
Depends where you are and how many times you've done it. If you're just in Accepting the Queue it's usually a 2-3 minute penalty, but if you're in the Character Select Screen, it's usually between a 30-60 minute penalty. Again, the formula is probably not as straight forward as I'm making it seem, but if your account has a tenancy to desert...the penalty will most likely be more lengthy.

Drexler

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sinema » September 15, 2017 12:40pm | Report
It's odd, it has to be the XBOX, I checked my speeds on the XBOX and I'm getting 70 Mbps Down and 32 Up.. when I connect my PC ( direct ) I'm getting a 1 gig up/down.

But I do notice that there is something on the XBOX that shows limited, I can't remember off the top of my head, but that might be causing the issue.

Sinema

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sinema » September 16, 2017 5:37pm | Report
So we won the match, I was looking at my stats "after the win" and walked away from my computer. It was doing the count down for tips.. I returned to the screen and had a 2 minute deserter penalty.

That can't be right lol

Sinema

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 16, 2017 6:28pm | Report
Yeahhhhh that's definitely not right. What the heck?!? Have you tried doing a reset on your modem and/or router before you start playing? Some of them start getting buggy even after a day or two, so a quick reset (either power off for 30 seconds then on again, or pull the plug for 30) can really help. Worth a shot, at least.

Do you know what your DL speed is? Try www.speedtest.net maybe.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » September 17, 2017 1:33am | Report
@Bran
Sinema wrote:
on the XBOX and I'm getting 70 Mbps Down and 32 Up.. when I connect my PC ( direct ) I'm getting a 1 gig up/down.

As for your issue, never experienced it. There's a few things you could check and try:
NAT-Type: NAT-Types play a huge role in matchmaking. If it's Type 1 or 2, you should have no issue, but if it's Type 3, you'll have to mess around with your router a bit and get that up to 2.

Un- and reinstall the game: If it's on PC, Hi-Rez' Diagnostics tool should have come downloaded with the game and you can simply use the repair function it has built-in. This will check your game for missing or corrupt files and repair where needed. If you experience the problem on your Xbox however, you're a bit out of luck as you'll have to un- and then reinstall the game completely, which can take some time.

Track internet connection during gameplay: I doubt this is your issue, but you should try and keep track of your internet connection once while playing, and see if you witness any oddities, such as large drops and spikes in speed/connectivity, as well as complete drop-outs, etc...

Support: If none of these steps show any oddities or give any desired results, you'll have to try and contact support. Contact Hi-Rez support first, either through official forums or a ticket, as it seems you only have this issue with SMITE. If they can't help you, then you'll have to get assistance from your internet provider, and hope that they can help you further.

If neither of the above is of any help, then I'm out of ideas and can't help you any further. Good luck.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 17, 2017 8:44am | Report
Oops, my bad.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }