Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A quick support question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » A quick support question 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » July 26, 2014 12:59pm | Report
Hello guys!I am relatively new to smite, only level 25 now with a few masteries,
but I am loving playing Athena and other support characters. My question is, however, when is a good time to base? I am finding that I am taking a lot of damage in the early laning phase from pokes (scylla and neith hurt so bad!) But I hate just leaving so early and having my carry alone. So when is a good time to base, and am I being too aggressive?

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 26, 2014 1:31pm | Report
well when on really low health. and when you are on 1/2 of your health I would already be careful. And a adc needs to go solo after sometime because you need to rotate etc. (support has the shortest laning phase). But make sure to notify your adc that you are away so they know that they need to be more careful.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » July 26, 2014 1:48pm | Report
First off, hello and welcome to smitefire. I like seeing support players like you because they care for assisting their teammates, and sacrifice themselves for the sake of his/her teammate.

So if you want to last long on a lane on early game phase(AKA: Sustain) buy HP potion. If your taking damage pokes to protect your ADC, your doing the right thing, it's support's role. My tip is, use your hp potion when your down to 3/5 or 2/5 hp, then use the potion again when your low in health.

Here's my own rule to my self or opinion before retreating as a support:

1.) Let the enemy use all of his abilities to me, until he's out of mana and really needs to retreat.

2.) I will take dmg from enemies so they waste their mana on me and using my abilities to defend my self, and while my adc is poking them to take a bit of enemies hp in the same time.

3.) I don't retreat if my adc returned to base cuz I must defend the lane against the zombie horde that wants to eat the tower.

4.) I get back only if my adc has returned so I can buy hp potions and wards.

5.) I buy Stone of Gaia to sustain.

Remember to ward when pushing a lane to avoid ganks.

Hope this helps.

-Sincerely Mekali
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » July 26, 2014 3:19pm | Report
Thanks for the replies! I have been watching some support conquest playthroughs, and saw that they are rotsting a lot, so I will definitely try and rotate more then. Thanks Mekali. I really do enjoy helping out other players (healer and tank paladin back in my wow days) and my favorite plays in the top 5 plays are always the ones when the support bodyblocks a deathblow! The tips are a huge help, and I am working on warding effectively when I can. Thanks for the advice!

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » July 26, 2014 3:25pm | Report
No problem

PS: I learned to juke on smite because of top 5 plays.
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 27, 2014 2:00am | Report
Lawful Good wrote:

Thanks for the replies! I have been watching some support conquest playthroughs, and saw that they are rotsting a lot, so I will definitely try and rotate more then. Thanks Mekali. I really do enjoy helping out other players (healer and tank paladin back in my wow days) and my favorite plays in the top 5 plays are always the ones when the support bodyblocks a deathblow! The tips are a huge help, and I am working on warding effectively when I can. Thanks for the advice!

warding locations for support are both blue buffs by duo lane
mid : the mid furies
solo: blue buffs solo lane
jungler: fg gf (but you can put the wards in early game somewhere else for counter jungling)
adc: mostly don't buy wars because they need to go to late game asap but on full build they also need to start buying wards (IMO) so they can ward other things like other buffs etc or refresh wards.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zartik » September 19, 2014 11:34am | Report
hi cupida skin Golden and statistics does not show please tell me

zartik

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zartik » September 19, 2014 11:35am | Report
hi cupida skin Golden and statistics does not show please tell me

zartik

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » September 19, 2014 12:54pm | Report
Lawful Good wrote:

Hello guys!I am relatively new to smite, only level 25 now with a few masteries,
but I am loving playing Athena and other support characters. My question is, however, when is a good time to base? I am finding that I am taking a lot of damage in the early laning phase from pokes (scylla and neith hurt so bad!) But I hate just leaving so early and having my carry alone. So when is a good time to base, and am I being too aggressive?

It really all comes down to the support. If you find you're taking a lot of damage, try to ease back and play it safe, but always ALWAYS protect your carry, as it is your number 1 priority. You shouldn't have to base until your bar hits red, but that doesn't mean to play aggressive till then.

If you communicate well with your carry, he'll know that you need to go back to base, (because why give away a free kill if you don't need to?) and hopefully play it safe by tower hugging or something of the sort.

Feeling bold? Just let HP5 do the regen work and don't even go back. This generally works on tuff brick wall supports such as ***bha or Geb. Geb is a generally safe pick in the staying in lane department, but you will find yourself drinking mana. Of course wards are a necessity, but don't be afraid to try (not in any ranked matches of course) to mix it up by buying pots first, and on your first back buy a couple wards.

Then there are the healing supports and supports with great sustain in general (i.e Aphrodite and Geb, ***bha, Ymir). If you like aggressive supports try out ***bha, Ymir, and Sobek with their sustain, and don't be afraid to take little poke damage when doing so. A good carry will know when to follow through, and if you have a really good team, so will mid lane and jungler.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }