Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME THE BASICS ON PC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME THE BASICS ON PC 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 10:01am | Report
IGN: DanielDan345
Platform you play on: PC
Level/league: 7
What do you need help with: Pretty much everything. From gods and players roles to dealing damage and destroying towers, phoenix and titans. I’m a newbie to MOBAS.
If you want a specific mentor to help you, which one: I don't have a preference

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2018 10:05am | Report
Hey Dan,

If you can, also advise on the time and region you play, as that'll help align people that are on your schedule.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 1:21pm | Report
Thanks for the advice!
I’m on North America and I start playing around 6PM
If someone fits with my schedule and could help me out, I’ll really appreciate it 😁

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 23, 2018 2:50pm | Report
What timezone, Dan?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 3:20pm | Report
Timezone: Monterrey

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2018 3:26pm | Report
Ehhh,Monterrey Mexico? Which means...Central time?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 4:02pm | Report
Yes, central time. Sorry for the inaccurate description.

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2018 6:25pm | Report
That's unfortunately out of my general play time...I'm not sure what your schedule is during the earlier parts of the day, but I could possibly take a break during work hours and chat with you on our Discord server, if you'd like.

Other option would be to just point you to some resources that'll slowly help you learn...it'll need to be side by side with just your own time gaining experience just playing the game, but we can suggest general paths for you to learn, if you'd like.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 6:33pm | Report
Yeah bro, I work on mornings so my general playtime starts at 6PM, soemtimes at 5PM.

Those would be a great idea!! Although I’d prefer to chat directly with you on Discord, I really need someone to point me at the right direction because I seriously want to get better and improve myself.

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2018 6:42pm | Report
Alright, you're a newbie to MOBAs. Do you just want to learn the biggest game mode (Conquest)? Or do you like the concept of the game overall, and like the idea of multiple game modes?

Here is a very general guide to read: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/bugs-beginners-universal-guide-to-smite-9303 It's outdated, but gives you some good overall information about the game and general concepts.

Regarding Conquest itself, here's my Conquest guide: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-overarching-conquest-guide-s5-patch-5-7-12069 It separates things in different categories, including roles and other gameplay elements.

I also have my items guide, which doesn't cover EVERY item, but does cover some general item themes and some other concepts you might find helpful. https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/an-in-depth-discussion-on-item-choices-14522

This is too much to read. It should be balanced with you playing the game and just getting a feel for it overall.

Another thing to think about are gods...if you're just starting out and don't buy the god pack, your selection of gods is very limited. That can be a positive thing in some respects, because it's a lot to try to learn the kits of each god while learning all of the other mechanics of the game. But if you decide you like the game, it's worth it to buy the pack, as it allows you to play any god in any mode. (You can cheat a bit, by going into training -> Jungle Pratice, as it allows you to choose any god and just see how they feel in a solo, enclosed map.

It might help if you can give us a bit more info about questions you may have, how far into the game you are, etc.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }