Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need a mentor for smite on Xbox one

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need a mentor for smite on Xbox one 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Till I Relapse » November 15, 2015 6:14am | Report
Hello im searching a mentor that can help me Learning smite in Xbox one im new to smite, lvl 9 atm. Have played alot of lol. Need help to basaclly everything. Message me On Xbox IGN Reigstad94 or just respond here if thats easier

Till I Relapse

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Till I Relapse » November 15, 2015 8:59am | Report
Anyone? Im really struggeling here 😛

Till I Relapse

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by StrongArmSteadi » November 15, 2015 11:58am | Report
What's really good man!! I had the same struggles im sure every new player to smite has had. I won't be on for a while but you can add me on X1 my gt is strongarmsteadi. This website has helped me out a ton, just reading guides and everything. Here's a few pointers, try to learn the strengths of all Gods. ie good cc, high Def, high sustain etc. Therefore you can counter build or avoid that God completely lol. Also pick a God and stick with them, and use the jungle practice for builds and trying out new things. trust me it'll help.

StrongArmSteadi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 15, 2015 12:11pm | Report
If anything experience helps. Ive learned mostly everything I need to know just by playing the game itself instead of asking. Of course this website helped a lot, but really the practice and just playing the game was helpful. It takes a lot of time though, so dont expect it to happen overnight.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Till I Relapse » November 15, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Thanks for the reply, ofc playing the game is the most efficient way to learn it. But was hoping tok get pointers and tips to speed up the process and i already got a few from you guys, thanks for that. Wich gods should i learn? Ive only tried a couple but so far i really enjoy playing artemis, yamir, medusa, he bo and sine other i can't remember the name on.

Till I Relapse

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 15, 2015 4:25pm | Report
You pick the gods u wanna play, not us. We cant decide that for you. I would say start with the starters and the ones on free rotation to see what u would like.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThatNonPro » November 15, 2015 5:43pm | Report
We cannot choose your God and you cannot choose your God. The God chooses you! Play around with gods until one just naturally comes to you. Then, the more you play with that God the more combos, timings, strengths, weakness counters, and etc. you will find out. Play around with builds. Use some builds on here for more help if you need to figure out where to start. Understand which role the God plays at. (Example: usually guardians will play support/Hunters will usually play carry/Mages usually play Middle and etc.) Learn to communicate whether it be by mic (if others have mic) or using the in-game commands. Learn when to actually dive-in for the kill or just let him go and swear you'll kill him later in the game. (So many people are way to hungry for kills in this game. I mean it's cool they are massively at low health, but your life/objective is worth more than the kill itself.) Know what is your limit! If your teammate is asking for help and he dives into a fight by himself against 3 people! He's the dumb one not you! SURVIVE! Don't be hungry for the kill! Plan the attack! Communication is key. The more you play the more experience you will get in-game and real life. Learn from your loss and gain from your win. When you lose, try not to blame everything on your teammates (their are some pretty dumb ones out there!) but think back on the mistakes you have made and certain attacks that you could've landed, but you missed. Trust me! You will not become better if you keep blaming losses on everyone else! Certain games I can go 16/1/9 and lose and I will still check myself. Even if I did so well! Most importantly!!!!!!!!!!! Always try to have fun!!!

Edit1: oh yeah my GT is DestinedFD1. Not a pro, but can be a gaming buddy!
Edit2: worth a read https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/basic-mistakes-you-want-to-avoid-v-0-87-5390
Should you really be taking advice from a NonPro?

ThatNonPro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 16, 2015 1:29am | Report
I'd focus more on technical skills before you hit level 30, not on the stuff devampi's guide covers. Once you hit that point all the stuff in there becomes more relevant. For real beginner's I'd personally recommend Aramey's guide. Depending on what gametype you're interested in there's also branmuffin's assault guide, and if you're confused about what items to build I made an extensive items guide as well.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 16, 2015 2:05am | Report
They are so many things to learn that you'll have to choose a point of focus, stick to it, and then switch to another one.

Here are a few areas (provided that you play Conquest):
- Aiming
- Roles
- Positioning when attacking / when defending
- Builds / Counter-builds
- God abilities/passive knowledge (know your enemy)
- Gods pick & ban / synergies / counter-picks
- Rotations
- Farming optimization
- Lane/buff control
- Objective calls (when to attack objectives, when to retreat, when to split push, ...)
- Combat communication (call when foe's beads/ultimate/escapes are down)
- How to deal with noobs in solo queue (WIP :D)

Zilby gave you some guides that are really useful, but playing the game will definitely help you as well. Both are important.
The only advice I can give you is to never think you master something. You ALWAYS can learn something. At least for the next 6 months playing SMITE :)
I've been playing since August, I play on a daily basis, and I still learn some stuff from time to time.

Last one was that you can land your ultimate with Ao Kuang, get the health back and transforming yourself into dragon...but still not get credited for the kill >_<
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 16, 2015 2:20am | Report
Last thing I learned was about a week ago, apparently Umbrellarang has a 30% attack speed slow. As a rank 4 vamana I did not know this (not that it really affects your gameplay much with him, but an interesting fact no less).

Credit for learning that info goes to prism who noticed it while playing him in assault :]
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }