Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mentor Needed To Play League, Help With Builds, And Becoming A Backpacker

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Mentor Needed To Play League, Help With Builds, And Becoming A Backpacker 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xaerv » January 4, 2016 7:26am | Report
Hey guys! I am in dire help of a mentor! I just played a game of League Conquest, and it was my first time. I played with a bunch of experiened players and one of them talked to me after the game amd said that you need a mentor to help you a lot. Not only with builds but with backpacking, and overall just to become a better player. I know all of the basics of smite so I am not that much of a new player. I have been playing for six months, but I just want to get better. Pls could someone help me!

xaerv

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 4, 2016 8:19am | Report
Hey man, I'm Prism ! One of the oficial Mentors for Smitefire ! I can help you if you need, can you just please say your IGN so I can add you ? Or you can add yourself, since my IGN is also ThePerfectPrism.

The earlier you add me, the earlier we can start ! ^^
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xaerv » January 4, 2016 8:48am | Report
Oh my gosh, thank- you so much! My smite name is Xaerv and my skype is brian.waligura if it is easier to message each other!

xaerv

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 4, 2016 8:51am | Report
Do you have curse ? My Curse name is AsunderGull, add me there !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xaerv » January 4, 2016 8:54am | Report
Yeah I do, and I will!

xaerv

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 4, 2016 12:40pm | Report
even when you have played the game for 6 months (which isn't a good indicator for experience amount of games is a better one) there is still much to learn.

That's why I recommend playing 500 games (of conquest which makes it even more fun) before starting ranked. in this time you learn
-most to all gods (at least what they can do so you aren't to surprised about person x doing loads of damage)
-matchups
-the roles (with hopefully too pretty deep. yes focussing a 2 roles is a good start)
-items and building
-"advanced mechanics" and tricks

Also the best way to get better is too aim to improve your play. Don't focus much on others play (you will see people do this (aka raging about teammates while they played a big part in losing too) this isn't helping your play in anyway).

EDIT: also can someone tell me quick what backpacking means. haven't heard of the term and internet doesn't offer more then telling me it's travelling around the world (normal meaning)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 4, 2016 4:29pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

also can someone tell me quick what backpacking means. haven't heard of the term and internet doesn't offer more then telling me it's travelling around the world (normal meaning)

I'm almost sure it's holding gold/buying tier 1 items and selling them later.

Or something alike

ALSO DEV BEFORE YOU START RESPONDING TO THIS (<3)

I know that Buying a item and selling later has another name but backpacking sounds like something related to that

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 4, 2016 6:02pm | Report

Hey man, I'm Prism ! One of the oficial Mentors for Smitefire !

Do we have official mentors? If we do then you'd definitely be one, you probably do more mentoring than anyone else on the site, but I just never heard of that before :P

Also if you need help understanding builds and such items are one of my specialties ;]
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 4, 2016 6:10pm | Report
@Zilby

Official Mentor Thread

lmk if you want to be added to the list or not, I can add you on or PM LevasK.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 4, 2016 6:44pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

@Zilby

Official Mentor Thread

lmk if you want to be added to the list or not, I can add you on or PM LevasK.
:O I never new that existed! Thanks for letting me know about it! Now I can refer people to it that need help :]
But as for being added, I don't really have the time to mentor people atm, nor do I really have the initiative. I enjoy helping people out and answering questions on the site or in pm's and whatnot, but actually sitting down and playing the game with people to help them out isn't as much my thing.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }