Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking to drastically improve at Smite. Will accept mentoring, hours of training, anything.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking to drastically improve at Smite. Will accept mentoring, hours of training, anything. 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » August 12, 2014 6:26pm | Report
Okay, I'm going to keep this short because reasons.

I started playing this game a month and 10 days ago and it has taken over my summer. I've played for about 320 hours thus far, reached level 30 in two weeks, and have pretty much played non-stop. Yes, I'm a loser, yes, I have no life, and yes, I'm the saddest individual in the entire smite community. But I'm not good enough. I play mostly adc and seriously looking to improve at this game, since I do play it all ****ing day. If a veteran wants to help or anything my IGN is the same as my Smite name.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 12, 2014 11:23pm | Report
I'd watch zapmans or barraccudda's streams. Those are the adc's from the top 2 seeds of NA.
twitch.tv/zap55
twitch.tv/barraccudda

Zapman also has a slot at smitepro but I don't know the exact times so you'll have to check that out yourself.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 13, 2014 3:04am | Report
Do you know what you need to improve on to get better? (1v1ing, map awareness, teamfights etc)

My tips:
#1 Turn down your sensitivity (unless you already use like 10 sens and 100dpi on your mouse).
I turned my sens down with like 75% and my ADC suddenly went rekt face. Before I turned down my sens ADC was my worst role for sure, now it's my 2nd or 3rd best role :p

#2 learn how to build (don't build as zap man does).
Looked at your profile and seemed like you know how to build.

#3 Map awareness.
Always know what's going on on the map. Be especially aware of support, mid and jungle. Don't overextended unless you know where they are and or have sprint/beads up to escape possible ganks.

#4 positioning.
Just practice where to be in teamfights, arena is great for practicing ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 14, 2014 1:15am | Report
some of the most important things for an adc:

1.positioning:
If you get caught out of position you are likely dead.

2. awareness:
This also refers to positioning mostly because if you're being ganked you over extended and the jungler caught you out of position.

3. Last hitting/farming:
you want to reach late game ASAP so you need to be good at last-hitting/better then the other adc

4. knowing your god:
You need to know the play style for the god you play because Xbalanque has a really aggressive play style then Cupid can play more passivly. ( Xbalanque nees his passive stacks fast to be really dangerous.

5. communication and teamwork:
without this you can't come far and you need this sooner because you start with a support. So you need to know when your support wants to poke so he isn't freezing people and you don't throw your poke on it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » August 23, 2014 3:03pm | Report
How do I improve my aim with basic attacks? I currently use 50 percent sensitivity, should I be training to use with different level?

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 23, 2014 3:15pm | Report
try to find a good sensitivity. just mess around with it against ra bot

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 23, 2014 4:48pm | Report
Turn it down to like 10 ;)

Im guessing you have pretty high sens on your mouse in general (like when you are out of game, and just on the desktop) :P

Like I have a Logitech G500s and I got 350DPI (standard is maybe 900-1000? I really have no clue) and Im using 15 sens in game.

To do a 360 I have to move my mouse about 25cm.

PS while getting used to it you will feel pain, and your wrist will be sore. But it is worth it :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » August 23, 2014 5:00pm | Report

Turn it down to like 10 ;)

Im guessing you have pretty high sens on your mouse in general (like when you are out of game, and just on the desktop) :P

Like I have a Logitech G500s and I got 350DPI (standard is maybe 900-1000? I really have no clue) and Im using 15 sens in game.

To do a 360 I have to move my mouse about 25cm.

PS while getting used to it you will feel pain, and your wrist will be sore. But it is worth it :P

wtf, 15? I thought higher sensitivity was always better in any skillshot based game.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 24, 2014 8:05am | Report
The lower the better actually (I always had high sens before, then some friends told me to turn it down) :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Endrence101 » September 16, 2014 1:37pm | Report
Also make sure that you never hold down the attack button. This is a common mistake with people who are newer to adc to just constantly attack but always wait for the line up on your sight and then click to attack. Also in your settings make sure to turn on the ruler because this will not only give you a great tool for aiming but the ruler will also get you more familiar with the feel of distance in the game for when you are casting abilities or vice versa knowing your enemies distance that they can cast at or basic at as well. These two things should help you bring your game up some and I hope it helps :)
Abusement Park Team Captain

Endrence101

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }