Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking For a General Mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking For a General Mentor 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » September 23, 2015 10:56am | Report
My biggest tip to learning the game is watch some of the pro league matches and try to replicate the way they play the game. They are pro's for a reason and often know how to maximize every asset of the game

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 23, 2015 1:21pm | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

replicate the way they play the game.

gotta quick fix this to the way they are thinking as every game is different so their tactics may not work etc.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rinorim » September 23, 2015 1:54pm | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

My biggest tip to learning the game is watch some of the pro league matches and try to replicate the way they play the game. They are pro's for a reason and often know how to maximize every asset of the game

I actually disagree with this, because pros play by relying on their teammates and with knowledge of what their teammates are going to do. If you're playing casuals... people are going to screw up, all the time. I'm not saying you can't rely on your teammates ever... but you'll quickly learn which ones you can and can't depending on each game.

Long story short, pro games tactics =/= casual game tactics.
Carry since 2011

Rinorim

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » September 23, 2015 8:03pm | Report
And Rinorim is stating the truth!

Someone understands.

Its like comparing a kids playground to a baseball stadium; two completely different parks and audiences.

Just learn the game through experience. There is no "shortcut" or mentor to guide you. Figure it out for yourself. Ask questions about things you dont understand, but dont expect anyone to tell you every single detail.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 25, 2015 12:46am | Report
I agree with Rinorim as well, but it's not a bad idea to try to learn from the pros.
You don't have to replicate all they do, but if you manage to understand WHY they're doing it, it's a big step forward. Watching pro league with DMbrandon as a commentary helps a lot for that matters, and even watching his mentoring videos (as well as Smitten's videos) is REALLY interesting to understand most aspects of the game, EVEN for casual.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 25, 2015 8:07am | Report
there was a reason I corrected him

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }