Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to start jungling?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » How to start jungling? 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 25, 2013 7:11am | Report
#1 Be 3 ppl at mid harpies (NEVER MORE! Go invade or do some of your buffs instead.)
#2 Try to start with a early invade with either solo or the support (hopefully the person has HOG). The easiest and most awarding invade is to do enemy speed and blue with the solo laner (that way you are 2v1 when the enemy solo laner rotates over to his lane from the mid harpies, it is still a good idea even if duo is on the right side).
#3 Focus on the baby harpies, gank (leach some exp from the lane after you gank, this can force the enemy to wast 200g on a tp) and mid harpies when your HOG is on cd (do blue buff with someone). From lvl 5 and up you are going to be able to solo camps np without help, so do that to get the solo exp.
#4 Try to think out a route you want to go, so that you don't end up not knowing where to go etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 25, 2013 8:30am | Report

#1 Be 3 ppl at mid harpies (NEVER MORE! Go invade or do some of your buffs instead.)
#2 Try to start with a early invade with either solo or the support (hopefully the person has HOG). The easiest and most awarding invade is to do enemy speed and blue with the solo laner (that way you are 2v1 when the enemy solo laner rotates over to his lane from the mid harpies, it is still a good idea even if duo is on the right side).
#3 Focus on the baby harpies, gank (leach some exp from the lane after you gank, this can force the enemy to wast 200g on a tp) and mid harpies when your HOG is on cd (do blue buff with someone). From lvl 5 and up you are going to be able to solo camps np without help, so do that to get the solo exp.
#4 Try to think out a route you want to go, so that you don't end up not knowing where to go etc.

1.) why only three people at the mid harpies? they all get the exp from it, I don't see why not, though I will accept your opinion.

2.) how does leeching Exp off of a lane force the enemy to buy a Teleport? I don't think that it would make a difference, just leave the exp for the mid/carry/solo.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » October 25, 2013 12:35pm | Report
Well only Bumba Mask gives you the full XP afaik?

And 2.) If the creeps are cleared faster YOUR creeps are faster at the tower and they might use teleport to protect the tower.

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 25, 2013 2:09pm | Report
Bumbas only gives you full gold (exp is split between everyone).

When you split the exp between 5 ppl You get nothing! You lose! Good day Sir!
no but seriously you get so little exp that it is a total waste of time 2-3 ppl is the sweet spot.

And Vaeldyn is totally right when you push the lane with the solo/mid after forcing the enemy back by ganking he can chose to either take tower dam or get even farther behind by using a tp.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » October 31, 2013 7:18pm | Report
I prefer Death Toll over Bumba's. I find it works better for me. Also the stats are better imo. That is personal preference over anything else.

One of the best ways to succeed at jungling is getting used to harpy respawn times. The harpies are the easiest things to kill and give decent xp. Especially the two spawns near center mid. Best strategy is to save HOG for when they respawn, so the first one you can get quickly so you can get to the second one.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 10, 2013 5:04pm | Report
Whatever you do, don't group your entire team at the mid furies. XP is wasted.

Let someone patrol the opposite blue camp, which is the most commonly stolen camp.

Get HoG or Potion of Might depending on the jungler. Five minutes with +20 physical power can be way more useful than +10 power, especially with the red buff.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fastestcorpse » December 20, 2013 9:14am | Report
Early pot is almost always worth it could prevent creep deaths early game. If solo is left I like to do move speed then solo blue and let duo take their blue. Then I go to gold camps then mid camps are respawning. After that I try to gank mid, then I get my damage buff and kill stuff as it respawns. Hope this helps <3

Fastestcorpse

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DonceLTU » December 24, 2013 3:29pm | Report
Vaeldyn wrote:

Mh, is the early poiton worth it? Gonna try it ;)
Thanks! But more suggestions always welcome!

These are actually the best starting items. Potion helps to clear camps faster early. I tried not using red potion and that's a bad idea

DonceLTU

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by drewb0t » January 19, 2014 9:26am | Report
ive found arachne as easiest jungle
i usually start hand of god bumbas mask shoes and one health and one mana
ill solo harpies just put down a brood then aa
then go to red buff do another brood and hog then finish those with aa
3rd ill go clear mana pot then ill have my 2 avaliable and ill use place a brood by jungle enterance because duo land will be chilling around there hit an enemy with my 2 if they are near/dont see me then ill just try to finish my build clear camps as they spawn and get ganks thats the beginning like 90% of the time and ive found it usually works out pretty well

drewb0t

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }