Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arena problems with Mercury's damage.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Arena problems with Mercury's damage. 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostyXAF » August 11, 2014 12:07am | Report
As the title suggests, I'm having problems with putting out the deeps with Mercury. I'm averaging 12-15 kills with less than five deaths most games, not to mention 18+ assists. However, I'm averaging roughly 13k ish player damage. A lot of times, the kills are from me soloing an enemy.

My item build goes as follows: Ninja Tabi, Hastened Fatalis, Jotunn's Wrath, Rage, Asi, and Deathbringer. Depending on how the enemy group makeup is, I swap Fatalis and Wrath. I'm using this build because it reaches the ability cd cap, gets my attack speed to 2.17 late game, and the crit chance and penetration are at a solid level...the lifesteal also helps me solo warriors and guardians. On paper, it's a solid item build, and I've seen this same exact build do good since my team was stomped by it a few nights ago. So what exactly am I doing wrong?

However, my damage at the end of each match averages roughly 13k ish. I suspect my low damage comes from my skill build since it's Smite's auto-skill level.

I'm open to all suggestions. If anybody could give me some insight or advice on improving, it would be very much appreciated.

GhostyXAF

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 11, 2014 12:28am | Report
Asi and Hastened Fatalis in the same build is never a good idea, it's just not enough power. Not to mention the fact that Asi is a pretty bad item in general.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostyXAF » August 11, 2014 12:41am | Report
What would you suggest I replace it with? Qin's Sais?

GhostyXAF

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2014 1:34am | Report
I'd suggest Warrior Tabi, Rage, Hastened Fatalis, Bloodforge, Deathbringer, Executioner/ Qin's Sais.
Always works for me :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostyXAF » August 11, 2014 11:31am | Report
Pentargonite, you wouldn't happen to know how much damage you do with him on average would you? Btw, I used your item build...love it.

GhostyXAF

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2014 1:06pm | Report
GhostyXAF wrote:

Pentargonite, you wouldn't happen to know how much damage you do with him on average would you? Btw, I used your item build...love it.

Honestly, idk. I'll check for you tomorrow.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » August 11, 2014 1:48pm | Report
Mercury is by far one of the best gods in the game. Even though you're getting the kills, and sure a better build might help. It all comes down to where could I have improved? Have a friend spectate a match if they could and review where you might be going wrong. That's how I improved my damage in arena.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostyXAF » August 12, 2014 2:23pm | Report
All my friends ditched me to play WoW...again...for the 18th time >_>

GhostyXAF

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by z1pp0n » August 13, 2014 1:53pm | Report
I'm new to smite as well. I mostly play arena, but i never had a problem with playing mercury. Here's my build:
warrior's tabi, qin's sais, rage, frostbound hammer, deathbringer, bloodforge (or titan's bane, depends on the situtaion).
For active I buy sprint, if necessary beads as well.
I always have 1 hp and 1 mana potion with me just in case if things would go wrong.
For me this build works perfectly fine. Last match was 23/10/10 for me. Hope I could help and open for any suggestions as well :).

z1pp0n

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }