Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Steve Abate- SMITE team ASAP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Steve Abate- SMITE team ASAP 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » April 8, 2016 5:50pm | Report
Hello to all! Here's the short version; My name is Steve, and I'm looking to make a SMITE team to play Conquest together, ranked or casual.

Me and my Carry Daxy, absolutely love SMITE. I Taught him how to play Melee, he taught me how to play SMITE. Its been a year now, and i feel I'm ready to offer my skills to a group. I play any lane, and So does Dax, but we primarily play Carry and Support. Its built us great synergy together, and the bond that we have is what I wish to have with a whole team. To me, SMITE is about having fun with a team, having that camaraderie and the feeling of outsmarting your opponents.
Me and Dax are good, but SMITE is a team game. It takes the entire team to win a game, and we don't have anyone covering our backs as is.
I'm Looking for players of any age, of any roll, that are mature, receptive to constructive criticism, willing to learn, and willing to win. I'm looking for players to help me get better, at the same have fun.

You know that feeling, When the entire team rotates into the fight, wiping the opposing team, and then Taking GF then FG, continuing on to push midlane back to the phoenix, without losing a player? That's awesome, that's fun, that takes skill.

So if you want to be part of that, I'm on Xbox:
GT= Steve Abate. Message me as soon as you see this, and well get in Game together. I'm usually on from 9-12 est, or from 6-12 est.
Have Fun! Good Luck!
p.s, bonus props if you recognize me ;)

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 8, 2016 6:36pm | Report
Abate, just going to let you know that your misfires and shoryukens have brought much joy to those who watch the melee pro scene (although the invisible ceiling glitch brought much sorrow to S2J :( ). Welcome to Smite! If you ever join the dark side and play Smite on PC hmu, but otherwise good luck finding members for your team on XB1!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » April 8, 2016 8:25pm | Report
I just downloaded it on Pc. getting acclimated with Mouse and Keyboard. If any one want to help me out with leveling, much appreciated. at least i can sanctuary with 1 button btw. And Nice to see someone watches Smash here zilby, ive been playing for a year now on SMITE, but the Smash scene intercedes with a lot of SMITE tourneys. If your willing to mentor me, It would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » April 8, 2016 9:25pm | Report
Steve Abate wrote:

I just downloaded it on Pc. getting acclimated with Mouse and Keyboard. If any one want to help me out with leveling, much appreciated. at least i can sanctuary with 1 button btw. And Nice to see someone watches Smash here zilby, i've been playing for a year now on SMITE, but the Smash scene intercedes with a lot of SMITE tourneys. If your willing to mentor me, It would be greatly appreciated.

Omg! Hi! You're like the best Smash player i know!

Feel free to add me on pc-Whispers1 (Yes, i have a bad username :( knock it off lol)
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 9, 2016 7:10am | Report
Hello Abate !

If you want to know, Zilby has been fanboying hardcore on a smite group we have together, sharing videos of ur Luigi moments.

If you want a PC mentor Im here, one of the "Official" Smitefire mentors. My IGN is ThePerfectPrism .

Also if u want feel free to say u wanna join our group or our clan ! We have a clan chat in Curse, a Skype-like thing but more focused on mobas !

Have a great stay !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 9, 2016 12:02pm | Report
Steve Abate wrote:

I just downloaded it on Pc. getting acclimated with Mouse and Keyboard. If any one want to help me out with leveling, much appreciated. at least i can sanctuary with 1 button btw. And Nice to see someone watches Smash here zilby, ive been playing for a year now on SMITE, but the Smash scene intercedes with a lot of SMITE tourneys. If your willing to mentor me, It would be greatly appreciated.
Glad to see you're giving pc a try. I'm not a "pc master race" kind of person, but I sincerely believe that Smite on pc is a better experience if only because the community is larger and communication in-game is easier with people being able to type into the team chat and being able to use curse (as Prism mentioned we use above). Speaking of which, I would recommend downloading Curse Chat if you haven't already. It's how most Smite players choose to communicate through voice chat and can auto-connect you to a call with people in your match that are also using curse, which is especially useful for communication in ranked matches.

As for mentoring, I'm not incredibly confident in my ability to teach, but I can answer any questions you have fairly accurately and analytically. I do believe that I fit the description of players:
Steve Abate wrote:
that are mature, receptive to constructive criticism, willing to learn, and willing to win. I'm looking for players to help me get better, at the same have fun.
In season 2 I played every role pretty evenly since I was working on getting mastery with every god, however due to restraints this season I haven't been able to get as much experience outside of mid, and a bit of solo and support. But if you need a mid laner my schedule more or less fits into the time-slots you specified.

Finally, a last note: Seeing that you come from playing on console primarily (basing this off of the fact that you originally picked up Smite on XB1 and have played smash for years) have you considered playing with a keypad? I grew up playing on console and found using one to be a much better transition to pc gaming, especially for Smite. Since the keys are all remapable I haven't been restricted at all in how I use it (and being able to move with your thumb like a joystick is just so satisfying). Just thought I'd mention it because it's worked out for me since I started smite on pc.

*Bonus!: Forgot to mention, I'm a Mario main in Melee. I'm not pro material by any stretch, but I've gone to a few New England tourneys. In any case, I have respect for my mushroom kingdom bros.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » April 9, 2016 5:41pm | Report
Giys I would love to play with you all. i have a mic, but im still low level on pc. im working it out with keybourd, but i may just stick to the xbox controller.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » April 9, 2016 6:13pm | Report
It takes a while to get used to Im sure.

Being low level wont really matter too much, I think that if we que with you in games we would just get other low level people on the enemy team.

Just keep an eye out for Smite 2x worshipers and stuff like that to level more quickly.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 9, 2016 6:55pm | Report
Exactly, and I'm sure you would get along well with the rest of the group !

Hopefully we'll talk more about this in game !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » April 9, 2016 7:48pm | Report
Are you guys on? How do i get in touch with you all?

Steve Abate

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }