Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Regarding the SMFG clan

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Regarding the SMFG clan 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 9, 2015 1:35am | Report
Soooooooooo.... anyone remember that this site has a clan? No? That's probably because we haven't really been doing anything with it. Basically the gist is this:
  • Currently nothing is happening or being done with the clan.
  • The leader after the previous one left, Sorlux, is no longer active on the site. This, combined with his very sporadic activity on smite in general makes him very difficult to get in contact with. If someone knows how, let me know.
  • Because the leader of the clan is no longer really a part of the site, nothing can really be done in regards to the clan until someone else is made leader by getting in contact with Sorlux.

So that's basically the summary of the current clan status. To be honest though, I'd like to see something done with the clan. Maybe revitalize it, offer in site competitions for earning points in the clan, organize events, etc. I know generally clan related things are against site rules, but I'm not sure how they apply to the site clan itself. Regardless, there are only a few options to accomplish this.
  1. We make a new clan, name it something like SFGC (SmiteFire Gaming Clan) or whatever people want, someone new is appointed leader, etc.
  2. We find a way to contact Sorlux so we can revitalize the old clan.
All in all, I just think it's a shame to be part of a clan that's supposed to represent the site, but doesn't really in its current state. I would also volunteer to be leader if nobody else wants the job.

Thoughts?
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » November 9, 2015 1:55am | Report
I DO remember that this site has a clan imo, since i'm in it :p

It's a shame that activities has ceased of sorts, but i'm pretty much against making a new clan. IDK, it's between nostalgic value and not wanting to lose out on clan rewards :p

Zilby'll make a good leader, i think :D Why not?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 9, 2015 2:30am | Report
I too am invested in the clan rewards, I'm not sure what carries over if you change clans :o
In terms of nostalgia, while that is a factor it's not one I'm all that focused on considering the other aspects just seem more important to me. Still, I'd love it if someone knew how to get in contact with Sorlux so that something could be arranged anywho.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 9, 2015 3:41am | Report
Prolly my fault, I either should have waited to give away the leader position to someone more active or stayed leader :(. I think I have his Skype so I'll try to contact him asap.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » November 9, 2015 7:54am | Report
MaKe JaNiTsU yOuR lEaDeR1!1!

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 9, 2015 8:49am | Report
Green the savior

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2015 6:57am | Report
I think if we actually get a website sponsored clan (Like, not just a clan for members of the website, but a clan specifically FOR the website) and we advertise it around the site and do various things it would get a lot bigger.

But I think that also means that Smitefire would have to transition away from a "information" site and actually become a clan. And just due to the nature of the way that the Mobafire Network operates I don't think that's gonna happen.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 15, 2015 12:39pm | Report
Hmmmm I get what you're saying dacoqrs. My initial intention wasn't to make it a huge clan but generate some more clan activity, however I suppose the more activity that's generated the bigger the clan would end up being. I don't desire it to be a huge clan that becomes a focal point of the site, just more of a passive activity, but your comments are making me realize that striking that in-between level of activity would be quite hard to pull off.

*Will take some time to reconsider options*

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » December 17, 2015 2:43pm | Report
Sorlux was online today, and all he did was change the Clan status to "Butts".

Tilted.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sorlux » December 22, 2015 1:01am | Report
Hello! I have been off my PC and off of Smite for quite a bit. But as of about a week ago i'm back full force into Smite and returned to SmiteFire and found this post. I talked to Wayne about how I was sorry. And I gave leader to FerrumSlash since he has the most honor and is a veteran of the site as well.

I really hope you guys don't hate me for basically taking your clan hostage! :P

P.S I will probably try to be more active on the site as well.
IGN:Sorlux

Sorlux

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }