Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Stuke's God Ideas (#3): Sha Wujing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Stuke's God Ideas (#3): Sha Wujing 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » December 5, 2015 7:31pm | Report

Sha Wujing, "The Sand Monk"
Chinese
Physical/Melee/Warrior
Lore: Before the "Journey to the West" Sha Wujing was know as the Curtain-Lifting General because his immense power when he's angered. During one of his fits of rage, he knocked over a valuable vase to the Jade Emperor and have been stabbed 800 times with rods and reincarnated as a man-eater sand demon exiled to Earth. Every day seven swords would come down from Heaven and stab the sand demon until he fled into the Sand River. When Xuanzang came along the river the demon resided in and ask if he wanted to take part in the "Journey to the West". He agreed and became the luggage carrier for the Buddhist and his disciples. When the Buddhist collected the sutra, Sha Wujing was awarded the title of Arhat for his good nature and his goodwill during the quest. When the Monkey King took off to fight in the battle of the gods, Sha Wujing headed out to help in the fight to protected those he cares about.

Passive: Golden Child: Sha Wujing gains physical power for 20% for his protection. Every kill or assist he gets on an enemy god gives him a stack of protection.
10% Physical Protection converted to power.
10% Magical Protection converted power.
10 Physical and Magical Protection per Stack (Max. 9 Stacks)

Ability 1: Sand Trap: Sha Wujing can move sand in an area and root any enemy god that stand in the circle of the sand trap when activated for the duration. Duration .8/ .9/ 1/ 1.1/ 1.2

Ability 2: Monk Spade: Sha Wujing swipes his spade forward creating a water blade that fly's forward. The water blade can go thought player generated stuctures and crippling any enemy hit for a duration. Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+60% of your physical power) Duration: 2

Ability 3: Water Bomb: Sha Wujing slams down a ball of condensed water, creating a wave of water surrounding his area. The wave knocking up any enemy and heals him for the number of enemy gods hit by the wave. Damage: 80/140/200/260/320 (+60% of your physical power) Healing: 40/ 45/ 50/ 55/ 60 per enemy max of three.

Ability: Curtain-Lifting Rage: Sha Wujing gets worked into a rage, his protections are increased by 20% and is cc immune for a duration, the duration of Curtain-Lifting Rage is increased the more he gets attacked. Duration: 6 seconds Protection: 10/12/14/16/20

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 5, 2015 10:02pm | Report
I like the passive idea, stacking protections that give him some power as well.

The root feels too short, and that ability can do something a bit more instead of just a basic CC.

Ability 2 seems too weird for me and idk why. Give me cripple duration or change the CC to something else. Maybe stacking a slow on it as well would make it better. (Dont go overboard though)

3 sounds nice as well. Does it knock up all enemies in an area around you or an area that you choose? Also you might want to reduce the healing by just a bit.

4 works well with his passive, but could be a bit more in my opinion. Sounds like a buff, could be made into an aura? Like he gives protections to his allies?

Im assuming the niche is a warrior that can effectively box? Or chase? Cause all the CC sounds like it fits that category.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 5, 2015 10:26pm | Report
Passive is interesting, Vamana-y but with a nice additional passive of passive stacks that seems cool. He sounds more or less balanced, although as GGF said, the ult seems to be a bit lacking, although if you give it a low enough cooldown it'd be viable.

Only thing about this concept is that the abilities and passive all feel really similar to things already in smite :/ The main idea here that I really like is the cripple on his 2 since with all the escapes in the game, we could use more cripples, and the ultimate since it feels like what Ravana's ulti should more closely be.

Overall it's a solid concept but it feels like most of the abilities take their ideas from abilities already in the game. I do like how the abilities and passive play into the character's lore though ^^
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » December 5, 2015 10:35pm | Report
I agree with what you're saying, and I designed both Wujing and Wuneng under the idea of if SWK was more damage oriented (Wuneng) or more defensive oriented (Wujing) and I took some liberties in their kits because they either have similar abilities to SWK from Journey to the West or almost useless for the game.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 6, 2015 12:05am | Report
Ah, well I suppose that makes sense then. You ever played Enslaved: Odyssey to the west? Was a fun SWK inspired game, your comment just made it come to mind.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 6, 2015 1:41am | Report
I played that one a bit. Didn't finish it, but was a very pretty game.

Interesting takes based off of swk, Stuke. I'm so horribly non-creative that I probably could never up with this stuff.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » December 6, 2015 8:32am | Report
I have it on my shelve from my PS3 actually. I like it, but I got distracted with other games.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }