Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite God Idea for Hermes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Smite God Idea for Hermes 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ImaginPenguins » May 7, 2018 12:28pm | Report
Hermes God of Thieves

This God is someone who i envision to be an assassin with High Mobility and Average on both Area and Single target damage. Maybe High Single target damage but I'm not exactly sure
His Strengths are extremely high mobility dashing in and out of combat and having high movement speed. Also, he is high damaging Assassin and can poke everyone out early game.
Weaknesses are his sustains which are lower than most assasins so once you catch him it will be an easy kill. That is if you can catch him ;)

Passive: Pressured Escape

When Hermes loses 65% of his health, He will gain a Movement speed buff for a permanent duration

Health when activated: 35% max health
Movement speed buff: 50%
Duration: 6s

1st ability: In A Flash

Hermes throws a flashbang on an enemy target, blinding all enemies and slowing them in the radius.

Ability: Projectile/Area
Radius: 20
Damage: 80/140/200/260/310 (+50% of your physical power
Slow: 20% for 3
Cost: 30/40/50/60/70
Cooldown: 15s

The range should as far as a Thanatos Death Scythe and it is tossed and looks like Hermes threw instead of it being just a normal projectile straight line. The Blind should last a second longer than Ra's blind This Ability gives him early game power and high CC throughout the game and it is his most useful ability in his kit

2nd Ability: Bad Luck

Hermes next basic attack will disarm an enemy god, If the Enemy god is disarmed while being blinded, they will lose a portion of their current gold.

Ability: Disarm/ Buff
Affects: Enemies
Damage: 55/100/145/190/235 (+70% of your physical power)
Disarm: 2s
Buff: 4s
Cost: 20/25/30/35/40
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9s
Gold stolen: 250 gold

The affect should show an animation of Hermes in any way. Preferably, I think he should show a different stance so the player knows he is buffed with his next basic attack until the duration stops. If the enemy doesn't have 250 gold, Hermes will steal all of his gold leaving the enemy with no money. This ability in my opinion is the coolest part as it is unique and it is extremely resourceful early game and the power helps during late game. If you think I should lower the gold stolen or adjust it in any way, please comment on it.

3rd Ability: Rush

Hermes dashes forward in a line dealing damage to all enemies passed. If Hermes successfully Blinds, and Disarms an enemy God, he may dash forward again.

Ability: Dash
Damage: 45/60/95/130/165 (+30% of your physical power)

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s

This ability should be like a Nemesis Dash as far as range but a little faster dash movement. This makes Hermes relatively safe and even more difficult to catch. The reason for him getting a dash reset upon his 2 abilities is so the player feels rewarded and feels like a thief as they blinded them, dashed in, stole money, and escaped out. This ability I made with high cooldown, high Mana cost, and low damage to balance him out.

Ultimate: Heist Of The Gods

Hermes shoots a special dagger in the sky, and can throw it on an any single enemy god on the map, dealing damage and slowing them. If the enemy god is killed from the dagger, they will lose gold. This Dagger also may be used on the Gold Fury and Fire Giant. If The Gold Fury is low enough on it's health, it will be intantly killed from the dagger.

Ability: Global
Damage: 100/180/260/340/420 (+30% of your physical power)
Slow: 40% for 5s
Gold Fury and Fire Giant insta kill: 35% max health
Gold stolen: 600 gold

Cost: 120
Cooldown: 110s

Hermes locks on an enemy like a Neith ultimate and can switch to another enemy lock to them until he throws the dagger but the speed of the throw should be as fast as Apollo riding the Chariot. The enemy locked on should show an icon on them so they know they will be hit. It also includes The Gold Fury and Fire Giant as well. This ability makes Hermes dangerous anywhere on the map and can change the tide in battle by killing the Gold Fury and Fire giant quickly, or Stealing it from the enemy team.

Please comment and let me know what you think of this idea, I know these god ideas aren't relevant anymore and I am late to share my ideas, but it's still very fun to make these god concepts and I encourage anyone else who has ideas like me. Let me know if Hermes is too OP as far as his kit, or his damage output and feel free to adjust it anyway you like.

ImaginPenguins

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 7, 2018 12:31pm | Report
Mercury is the Roman version of Hermes. I don't think hi rez will do doubles.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ImaginPenguins » May 7, 2018 12:36pm | Report
How is Hermes a copy of Mercury?

ImaginPenguins

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 7, 2018 12:45pm | Report
In terms of mythology, they are the same deity.

"Roman equivalent: Mercury"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 7, 2018 12:55pm | Report
The ultimate is too op.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » May 7, 2018 1:09pm | Report
I deleted my first response... Rip

In short:
Flash bang sounds a bit off-theme, maybe he kicks dust in a line or throws an ancient smoke bomb?

Replace gold steals with power/defence steal.

Second dash could activate on blinded OR disarmed enemies.

Ult execute on GF and FG is very high.

Apart from that; the kit sounds cool. Very descriptive, your effort is visible. Good job!
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » May 7, 2018 6:51pm | Report

How is Hermes a copy of Mercury?

They're both essentially the same person. When Romus founded Rome they literally copy pasted gods. The only key difference was that the Greeks were influenced by the Egyptians, and Hermes became Hermanubis during the Egyptian-Hellenic period, but changed back. There literally is no difference.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » May 7, 2018 7:56pm | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:
They're both essentially the same person.
To be fair, so are Khepri and Ra, though I'm with you in that we probably won't see Eros or Nyx any time soon.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 7, 2018 8:54pm | Report
Technotoad64 wrote:

To be fair, so are Khepri and Ra, though I'm with you in that we probably won't see Eros or Nyx any time soon.

Not quite the same deity though.

"There was no cult devoted to Khepri, and he was largely subordinate to the greater sun god Ra."

"Khepri was the morning sun, Ra was the midday sun, and Atum was the sun in the evening."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » May 7, 2018 9:10pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Not quite the same deity though.

"There was no cult devoted to Khepri, and he was largely subordinate to the greater sun god Ra."

"Khepri was the morning sun, Ra was the midday sun, and Atum was the sun in the evening."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri

Agreed. Another reason why was probably because they look significantly different

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }