Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Pika] Long Mu - Mother of Dragons

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [Pika] Long Mu - Mother of Dragons 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » June 18, 2014 12:42pm | Report
Well, the idea is cool, but it has nothing to do with her story. Read the rest of the story, "The historic name of Long Mu was Wen Shi[1] (溫氏). She was born in 290 BC (during the Qin Dynasty) in Guang**** province, near the Xi River (西江). Her family's ancestral home was in the Teng County (藤縣) in Guangxi province. She was the second of three daughters of Wen Tianrui (溫天瑞) and Liang Shi (梁氏).[1]

Wen Shi frequently went to the Xi River to fish and wash clothes for her family. On one such errand, she found a large smooth white stone along the banks of the river. She took the beautiful stone home, but later discovered that the stone was actually an egg, from which hatched five baby snakes (an alternate version says one). Wen Shi's family was poor, but Wen Shi saved the best food she had for her baby snakes and fed them by hand. As the snakes grew, they helped Wen Shi catch fish at the Xi River. The snakes were natural swimmers and became very good at catching fish.

The snakes eventually matured into five powerful dragons. In Chinese culture, dragons are considered spirits of water, and have the power to control the weather; during a drought, therefore, Wen Shi asked her dragon children to summon the rain for her village. When rain came and ended the drought, the grateful villagers gave Wen Shi the name "Mother of Dragons" (龍母) or "Divine Human" (神人).

Qin Shihuang, the Emperor of the Qin Dynasty, received word of Wen Shi and her dragons. The Emperor sent her gifts of gold and jade and requested her presence at Xianyang, the imperial capital city near the Yellow River, far to the north. By this time, Wen Shi was an elderly woman in frail health. Her adult dragons feared for her safety and did not want her to travel so far from her village. Wen Shi boarded a boat to comply with the Emperor's commandment, but her dragons hid under the boat and dragged the boat backward so that the boat could never pass Guilin. Eventually, the frustrated imperial officials relented and allowed Wen Shi to remain home.

After Wen Shi died, the dragons were overwhelmed by sadness and took human form, becoming known as the Five Scholars (五秀才), who buried her on the northern side of Zhu Mountain (珠山)."

See, theres so much cool stuff you could do other than just "Dragons means fire :D". You could like throw dragons into the air that would breathe out clouds making it rain and storm over the enemy, the dragons could have some sort of defensive aoe ability where they are all pissed and defensive of their mother, the God is really cool, but the fire in your abilities literally has nothing to do with the legend at all, so I don't think it would work, considering Smite is really good about keeping lore intact.

FearsomeClarinet

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 18, 2014 9:15pm | Report
Ok I'm not quoting the above, its too long so in reply:

Thanks, I litterally couldn't find that info. Her current kit seems amazing to me so what if I change the overall "animations" and such.

Instead of charging up rage it can be a "power of the storm"(lightning) bar, she can shoot powerful pulses of water instead of fire(rain),her shield can be formed of ice (snow), her Ulti I think should shoot her into the air , same as current but it should include all the other weathers
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 18, 2014 9:36pm | Report
Updated main post to fit the lore.

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Starkill619 » June 19, 2014 12:33am | Report

The 1 doesn't stun, it makes her ranged. The 2 stuns but makes her melee. So when you activate BOTH she is ranged but can only stun ONCE

Well okay, I suppose it is fine then.

Starkill619

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 19, 2014 5:39am | Report
Ok so updated the main post.
Changelog:

-Long mu has been fiddled with and is now a warrior. Due to tanky/carry nature, high sustain kit and so on.
Think of her like a thor.

-Long mu's passive bar has been changed. Landing stuns with the 2 or the 2+1 will now charge up the bar. Last hitting no longer does.

-Long mu's passive has an added effect to promote tankiness

-Vamana has received a visual rework and no longer permanently looks like a baby...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » June 19, 2014 2:52pm | Report

Ok I'm not quoting the above, its too long so in reply:

Thanks, I litterally couldn't find that info. Her current kit seems amazing to me so what if I change the overall "animations" and such.

Instead of charging up rage it can be a "power of the storm"(lightning) bar, she can shoot powerful pulses of water instead of fire(rain),her shield can be formed of ice (snow), her Ulti I think should shoot her into the air , same as current but it should include all the other weathers

Yeah, no prob, it would probably work like that, good idea for a god nonetheless, but I don't know what she would be classified as? Seems kinda like Thor, how he is an assassin but really he is so versatile he can be almost any class. Either way love the idea of another Chinese god, and I love her lore.

FearsomeClarinet

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 20, 2014 9:59am | Report
Complete rework, she is now a mage.
She is absolutely useless, but if she takes care of her dragons they will very quickly return the favour.

Her ultimate is a super buff for all her spells and allows her to survive longer while going in to a mage frenzy.

She will probably be one of the best junglers in the game atm, since it will allow her a chance to start spawning her family of dragons and then enrage enemies as she sends her dragons forth.

I feel the new kit embraces her detailed lore and would be an amazing feat for hi-rez....

Feel free to comment on which you liked more. I still have a copy of the prev.

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » June 22, 2014 11:03am | Report
Ok, wow, the new version fits the lore perfectly, and makes a really unique playstyle, as between deaths you have to rebuild your dragon army. Really cool, I like this version much more, whatever contest thing this is for, I'm sure you'll be quite the contender! Although the one thing I'm curious about is the ultimate's affect on the passive, I don't know if the respawn thing is a good idea because I don't see it ever proc-ing due to the fact that while your ultimate is active you are almost too powerful to die. But on the other hand it would make killing her during the ulti something you might not want to do due to the fact that you could just wait a few seconds, but waiting a few seconds may mean the death of them. And also while the ulti is active you become a pretty big target. I honestly don't know how I would feel about this one, I do like that it would be the first (unless I'm mistaken) respawn reduction in smite. Either way, this version is really good, and would be awesome in-game.

FearsomeClarinet

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 22, 2014 9:26pm | Report
My idea with the ulti was that most mages have burst damage ultimates capable of almost 1 shotting you.
And I think its stupid that all mages are built around bursting, so long mu's ulti makes her a true mage.

She has a minor survivability buff since she has no escape, compare that to scylla who also gets CC immune and damage.
The passive buff is only when she has 5 dragons, so you will still want to kill her just take out a dragon just before you do.

I want Long Mu players to have to care for their dragons using the feeding time to manage them if you want them to attack further away from you , or retreat for your passive to work.

And since she doesn't technically have a passive I thought I might just as well add this.

Thank you for feedback :) really appreciated

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 26, 2014 6:02am | Report
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.
Presenting Long Mu !!!

Just finished the idea off, I think she's ready for this competition :)

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }