Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Just An Important Note When Critisizing Gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Just An Important Note When Critisizing Gods 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 11, 2013 5:32am | Report

People. People, people, people, people, people. Please. When you read a god idea, please, learn to know that SMITE adds immortals as well as gods. If the only thing you have to say about the god idea is the fact that it's not really a god find something else to post about it, because your argument is invalid. Need proof? Ok.

As the most common examples people use to defend themselves: Arachne and Bakasura. You see, if SMITE only added gods to the game, then explain why these two are in the game? Arachne: greek spider goddess? No. Arachne was the first spider crafted by Athena for she claimed to be the best weaver amungst mortals and gods. After being humiliated, Athena turned her into a creature to where she can weave forever, thus creating Arachne, the first spider. Oh, and that's just from the lore, ya know, the thing you guys should read sometimes to see what the god is known for.

Bakasura is a demon, and last I checked demons weren't classified as gods either. Bakasura terrorized a small little village untill some badass was like "Yo, I ate your food, you mad bro?" and friggen destroied his ***.

Now if your like "Bro, da fuq man? That was only two examples. You're a whack a*s liar!" Yeah, well, all your stupid comments just backfired. If you really think about it, Xbalanque isn't a god either. Xbalanque and brother Hunahpu were raised as two normal bros with a ****ty, challenging, life, that enhanced their senses, then the lords of death took their dad and uncle, so they were like "Yeah bro, we should become Heros." So heros they became and got their reps so high that when they died they became the embodiments of the sun and moon.

TL;DR
SMITE isn't looking for weather the deity is a god or not, they're looking for immortals who have the essential nature or condition of being classified as a god. And ohey. The thread got stickied~

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 11, 2013 5:54am | Report
Ehm, most of us knew this already xD
Anyways, I like your style of writing:
"Hey broz Ima heru" :)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 11, 2013 6:09am | Report
Yeah, finally someone understands that.

Great wall of text, +1.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 12, 2013 5:45am | Report
Usefull post!

While I have the chance and the sticky thread is locked:

Thank you so much I am honoured to have one of my replies on a sticky thread!
Thank you HiFromBuddah!

~Firefly
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 12, 2013 6:03am | Report

Usefull post!

While I have the chance and the sticky thread is locked:

Thank you so much I am honoured to have one of my replies on a sticky thread!
Thank you HiFromBuddah!

~Firefly

What is doing what?
How comes the sticky thread and hifrombuddha here?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 12, 2013 6:45am | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/important-note-for-god-idea-forums-1522
Here you go comic...
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 12, 2013 10:33pm | Report
thx so much, i almost did the same thread, u try to think a cool god, balance it, spend days doing it, and someone goes to your thread and say: yeah cool but he is not a god, so we will not see it in Smite...i forgot how many times i wrote "arachne and bakasura"

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 13, 2013 11:54am | Report
Thank you for making this thread!

Aphnex wrote:

Bakasura is a demon

I hate to be a smart ***, but Bakasura is a Asura (low ranked demi god).

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Scezory » July 14, 2013 9:45am | Report
Sun Wukong isn't a god, Chronos isn't a god, hercules is kind of a god, Ao Guan is the Dragon King of Weather (not a god, Chinese dragons are just immortal), Ymir is a frost giant. Tons of charterers in Smite aren't gods.

Scezory

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by berenerchamion » August 19, 2013 7:10pm | Report
I'm glad someone brought this up. Arachne, Ao Kuang, Bakasura, Chang'e, Chronos, Fenrir, Guan Yu, Freya, He Bo, Hercules and many more are NOT gods!

Most of the Chinese and Norse "gods" are not actually gods, and none of the Mayan "gods" are real gods.

This is a bit off topic but is FatalityFirefly referring to the tv series?
“What do you despise? By this are you truly known.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

berenerchamion

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }