Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Variant Ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Item Variant Ideas 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 15, 2013 3:47pm | Report
Unless otherwise stated, assume that all items have the same price and stats.

Ankh of the Reborn: When you are brought to 0% health, you gain 15% of your maximum health. This effect can only occur once every 240 seconds. (I had no idea what passive the original had, so I just went for whatever felt appropriate.)

Giant's Bane/Diamond Shard: You gain 45% penetration of bonus armor. (Thought it would be interesting. Kinda like the focused variants of other items.)

Telkhine's Trident: Your basic attacks deal 20% of your magical power as innate additional contributions. This damage does not stack with other innate additional power contributions, like Wheel of Time or Irradiate. (Aka a late game Telkhines Ring.)

Hide of the Crommyonian Sow: Enemy abilities deal 20% of their damage back as physical damage.

Hide of the Hydra: You gain 20% of your bonus health as additional health.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 15, 2013 3:51pm | Report
A few questions: How quickly does the Ankh activate? Does it occur instantly or is it like a Zilean ult?
I feel like Telkhine's Trident kind of ruins Chonos and Freya - if everyone else has the same thing, they become irrelevant.
Interesting choice of the 2nd item, only useful against tanks though.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 15, 2013 3:55pm | Report
Occurs after some delay.

Well, Freya and Chronos are still going to have the higher amount of contributions*, as well as base attack speed. Not to mention their self-buffs.

I have a feeling that if those items existed, everyone would use them over the old versions, just like the focused variants.

*55% total on Chronos, maximum 75% on Freya

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrystalStorm » December 23, 2013 9:25am | Report
1.The first item is in LoL, dawngate and is the tottaly same thing everywhere .And even if it was in the game i think people would call it op on someone like Kali with her ult.

2.Would it give you magical or physical penetration ? But it is indeed interesting.

4.Would the Hide of the Crommyonian Sow do that against ults too.When you thing about it.
If a fed Kuang ult hits a squishy Isis she will take like 1500 damage or something.

But idk about the other 2.
My favourite god are Aphrodite and Chang´e.My favourite Lol champions are Lux and Nami.My favourite Dawngate shaper is Amarynth.My favourite Dota 2 hero is Crystal Maiden.Yes i love Mobas

My Smite is IcepriestSK.
My LoL is CrystalStorm257.
My Dawngate is CrystalStormSK.

CrystalStorm

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 24, 2013 11:30am | Report
Ankh of the Reborn sounds perfect for an Ankh, but this kind of sounds like it might be better as an Active. Being able to survive death every 4 minutes isn't too bad overpowered, but I would say to make it 300 seconds, 5 minutes. 5 second delay on the revive sounds solid though.

Telkhine's Trident sounds amazing. It would have a higher cost than the Ring, and would lose the attack speed bonus right? You worked it well in regards to it not stacking, because that make it not as useful to Freya or Chronos, I would think.

Giant's bane sounds really cool, but doesn't sound like the same item as Diamond Shard.

I envision Giant's Bane as an item that offers 25 Physical Power and 15 Penetration with the following passive: 'gain's 1% penetration with basic attacks for each 100 HP the enemy god has. Successful basic attack hits will place or refresh a 3 second stack of the same bonus.'
At 2000 HP, that would cut through 40% of protections for 3 seconds, and 20% for other gods attacking while the stack is active. To get 100% penetration would require 5000HP I think that should be a tier for Titan's Bane.

I think the Diamond Shard should be a separate item. If I understand "you gain 45% penetration of bonus armor", then you're saying that it affects contributions from items not base protections. To me that seems like it might not offer much. However, It would be quite interesting to see an item that put a debuff on an enemy decreasing both magical and physical protections.

Diamond Shard could offer a single stack of a 30% reduction to all protections for 5 seconds. Basic attacks would put the stack and refresh it. IT would be a tanky utility version of % penetrations.

Hide of the Crommyonian Sow. This is pure genius. If it were a tier for Hide of the Nemean Lion, then the switch from magical damage return to physical damage return can be considered a weakness. Perhaps a good weakness to counter the damage that can be dealt with abilities through the Crommyonian Sow. I would sort of prefer to see the Hide of the Crommyonian Sow as a mage killer, with magical protections. As an example 30 55 80 Magical protections // 50 100 200 Health // Passive: Reflects 20% of all damage from abilities back to the attacker as physical damage. I really like it better as a separate item.

I love this kind of stuff. I will throw some ideas up later :D

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 24, 2013 5:21pm | Report
I meant for these items to be a reflection of their base items. So Telkhine's Trident would have the same stats of Telkhines' Ring.

Also, your dissertation about the names of Diamond Shard/Giant's Bane are odd, no offense. They're meant to be tiers of Titan's Bane and Obsidian Shard, so your ideas don't really fit.

One more thing: Why don't you take those ideas you mentioned and 'reskin' them? Because if not, not only will people be confused by the two Giant's Banes, but they'll keep expecting a similarity to Titan's Bane.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 25, 2013 5:23am | Report
I find your choice of 'dissertation' amusing, lol. Thank you for meaning no offens. You'll probably get used to me saying odd things lol.

Anyway, I'll be honest. I forgot about Obsidian Shard altogether since I so seldom use it lol.

I caught that Giant's Bane was an idea as a split for Titan's Bane, but I still wasn't sure I understood it correctly. Plus, If I did understand, I'm still not sure penetrating a % of 'bonus protections' would be useful.

I get what you mean about my ideas not lining up. I was thinking more broad with it I think? Not all of the tier options are as similar as voidblade and voidstone's focused versions might be. Some drop the passive, and some have a different passive. Some actually have different stats (Ankh of Bear/Golem has different HP and Phys Prot; Runic shield and Shield of regrowth are distinctly different with their passives) The passive was really the only part I was focusing on with Giant's Bane ^^;

Sorry to jump in on your ideas and change them. Just brainstorming, mixed with the fact that I overlooked a thing or two. I might take the ideas I had and give them their own items. IF I thought the items would be used I would definitely make some.

Hmm, jumping back a second. 45% pen of bonus protections, vs 33% pen of all protections. That actually might yield a benefit in the right situation. Would probably still be like Hydra's Lament vs Demise to where the Diamond/Giant options would seldom be useful.

Anyway, look forward to chatting more. I'll try and crank out some 'original' ideas soon, instead of just tweaking yours lol.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }