Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea: Upgraded Boots System

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Item Idea: Upgraded Boots System 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 3:24am | Report
Everyone gets boots. They're a basic part of SMITE. A build without boots is a terrible build, generally speaking (Heartseeker+Witch Stone = Viable?).

Well, here are some ideas for boots upgrades, like in LoL. All of these are supposed to cost 900 gold. Only one upgrade per pair of footwear, and they cannot be sold, like active items.

Resolve: 20% CC reduction
Determination: After hitting with a basic attack, your speed penalty is halved for 1 second.
Speed: Gain 10% movement speed
Focus: Gain 10% cooldown reduction

Is this idea any good? Do you have any other upgrade ideas?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » October 30, 2013 4:12am | Report
It seems pretty similar to the system we have already. If we categorize boots as a secondary starter item (they're between the 800 gold starter items and everything else in the vast majority of builds,) Instead of going Vampiric Shroud into CD shoes on mages, you'll just go Vampiric Shroud into CD buff.

pretty much every god is already choosing between two extra benefits when it comes how you build your footwear. I'd be fine with more third tier choices on the different boots, but I don't have a problem with a meta that primarily involves two starter items.

The key thing about boots is that they're not just a speed item, they also provide core stats for their intended classes. You can get by without the extra speed on some mages... but why try when it's also 50 magic power and 250 mana, plus a good passive regardless of which one you choose, all for less than 2k gold? If anything, I'd say that boots are just too good all around to pass up. Nerf them a little and you'll see people start to pass up that speed for other items.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 4:28am | Report
This isn't a starter item; it's a modification to an item you should already have. You can only use it on boots.

These upgrades aren't necessary, I can see few players picking up Resolve when they need to get Magi's Cowl first. I see that most players would focus on getting their stats up before getting a less tangible upgrade.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 30, 2013 5:27am | Report
Interesting concept, although I don't think they should be the same for every boot set. For example Focus should only be available on greaves and Boots, since Shoes and Tabi already have a cooldown option.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 5:43am | Report
Actually, I'd like to see them on all boots. Is there any reason you don't want it that way?

Clarification: These upgrades can only be bought on finished, rank 3 footwear.

Also, new upgrade ideas:

Ferocity: You deal 50% of your basic attack damage within 15 feet of the attack target, on-hit effects don't apply. Because if no one is going to buy the Golden Bow, ever, then we shouldn't waste such a good passive. Good for junglers of poor waveclearers, as well as gods like Odin when they trap multiple people in his ult.

Hunger: You gain 8% lifesteal.

Update: Lowered speed boost from speed and removed attack speed boost from determination.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 30, 2013 5:56am | Report
Because 25% CDR on a set of boots seems kinda strong. And Determination or Speed on Boots of Celerity with Hastened Fatalis would be so freaking broken (especially on Mercury *shivers*).

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 6:29am | Report
Well, 25 CDR is in the same camp as 40% CC reduction, or total 34% movement speed in combat/47% out of combat. And besides, high movement speed sacrifices damage and penetration.

In my experience, the Mercuries that kick my *** have Warrior's Tabi, not Boots of Celerity or Winged Wand. The only time I saw a speed boost item was Witch Stone, and that also sacrifices damage.

But yeah, I can agree that Merc can be ridiculous. I don't see a problem with Hastened Fatalis + Speed Boost itself, since at most, you will have a watered-down version of Chronos' Accelerate. On anyone besides Merc, it would sacrifice a lot of damage for speed, but as you pointed out, Merc is a monster.

I'd say that it seems to be a problem with Mercury himself. If it works for everyone besides Merc, I'd simply patch Merc instead of reworking the item system. (BTW, Sprint rank 3 + Mercury = Fear incarnate)

Note: Any thoughts on the other enchants?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 30, 2013 6:46am | Report
Desperation: you gain a stat multiplier (power or protections, undecided yet...) for percent of missing health
Unbreakable: 20 protections
Steel: 30 physical protection
Crafty: 30 Magical protection
Slayer: You do 20%-40% increased damage to neutral monsters (and minions?)

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 30, 2013 7:35am | Report
Nice.

Longshot: Your ranged basic attacks gain 10 ft of range

Leader: Allies gain 10% movement speed when moving toward you, and minions within 55 feet gain movement and attack speed. Note: I don't know the base stats of minions, so I can't put a specific boost.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 30, 2013 7:57am | Report
I can see this being very broken...

Resolve -> Plated Greaves, now best tank item!
Determination/w Hastened Fatalis, Mercury...
Focus -> Ninja Tabi and Shoes of Focus, max CDR VERY quick...
Speed -> always chosen otherwise.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }