Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God idea: Erebus, the God of Shadows

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God idea: Erebus, the God of Shadows 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 17, 2014 7:24am | Report
Hello, I am here with another god idea. It has been a while since I did one of these, with my last one Being Huehuecoyotl I believe (although it could be Charon... Hmm...).

While I am aware that this god was also done recently by another user, the thread can be found here, I liked the concept of Erebus that I decided to make my own version of him.

My version of Erebus will be a mobile tanky bruiser with a few assassin qualities. He will be adept at AoE damage, and has the ability to engage into a fight, but it will be hard to disengage from a fight. He will function best in the jungle or solo lane.

While he does have low base damage and low scaling for a bruiser, he has the ability to amplify all damage through his shadow mechanic.

Without further ado...

PASSIVE: Army of Shadows
Every ability cast that hits an enemy (His ultimate will spawn a shadow regardless) will create a shadow (clone) next to Erebus. Erebus can have a maximum of 4 shadows. Each shadow will copy every move of Erebus, including movement, abilities and basic attacks. Additionally, each shadow will absorb a percentage of all damage dealt to Erebus.

Duration: 30 seconds each or until they run out of health
Durability: 15% of Erebus' max health
Damage absorbed: 2.5% each (Max 10%)

The bread and butter of Erebus, his passive. This was my first thought, and I believed that a god that could create his own army of shadows would be cool. So, along came this passive. Since he is a bruiser, this will be his only form of innate tankiness if you wanted to build him more tanky. Each shadown copies Erebus' every action, meaning that whatever you do, they do. Basic attack? All 4 will basic attack in front of them. Cast an ability? All 4 will cast the ability. Also, the shadows will be arranged in the same formation as the dots on the number 5 on a dice, with Erebus being in the center. Each shadow will only have 50% of Erebus' values, so they will only deal half damage and heal Erebus for half the amount. Shadows do not deal full damage and apply full values.

1. Shadow Sneak (yeah yeah, I know the other one has the ability of the same name, but it's so cool TT^TT)
Erebus disappears into the ground, and after a 0.5s delay and immunity, appears at the far side of the target, dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+50% of Bonus Physical Power) damage and silencing all enemies in the area for 1s. Each shadow Erebus has before teleporting will add an additional 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% of Bonus Physical Power) damage on arrival. Shadows from his ultimate do not add damage to his ultimate.

16s Cooldown

The main skill that makes Erebus so mobile. Using this, Erebus can appear behind enemies and get off his abilities. However, do note the this ability needs a target in order to work. You cannot freely use this as a dash. Once an enemy is targeted, it is locked on and they cannot avoid it, but they can use leaps during the 0.5s delay to drag Erebus to another location.

2. Unseen Bonds.
Erebus sends out a slow moving shadow in the ground (think Shikimaru from Naruto) that attaches to the first enemy hit. When it hits an enemy, they will take 30/40/50/60/70 (+30% of Total Physical Power) each second for 3 seconds, and Erebus will be healed for the same amount. Additionally, Erebus will steal 10% movement speed each second. Shadows will also send a link directly in front of them, and if it hits an enemy, it will deal 50% damage and heal for 50%. They will only steal 5% movement speed each second. The heal and the move speed bonus still goes to Erebus. Enemies can only be hit with 1 bond.

13s Cooldown

This was the last ability I thought up of. Basically, think Karma's W ability from League of Legends, except it steals move speed, heals and is a skillshot. This will also hit jungle camps, so this will provide the sustain Erebus needs to function in the jungle. This also gives Erebus a lot of chasing potential, and the heal also gives a bit of innate tankiness.

3. Night Burst
Dark energy bursts out of Erebus, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 (+70% of Total Physical Damage) damage to all enemies around him. Shadows will also have the damage radiate from them, but only dealing 50% damage.

6s Cooldown

Yeah, yeah, blatant copy of Zed's Shadow Slash. Basically, deals damage around him, and that's it. It's a really simple ability. Enemies can be hit by, at most, 3 Night Bursts, unless used in conjunction with his ultimate.

ULTIMATE: Inner Darkness
After a 1 second delay, Erebus retrieves the inner darkness from everyone, creating a shadow at the location of all enemies for 5 seconds. Shadows will, once again, copy all actions done by Erebus other than movement, but instead, deal 80/85/90/95/100% of Erebus' damage. Each shadow will also give vision around them for their duration. These shadows will absorb damage for Erebus, making it up to a max of 20%. Additionally, during the shadows' 5s lifespan, Shadow Sneak has global range.

110/105/100/95/90s Cooldown.

THIS IS A GLOBAL ULTIMATE!!11!one! To put it simple, a shadow appears at all enemies locations. This shadow works like Erebus' normal shadow, except they deal 100% damage, can't move and they also have an infinite amount of health. Other than that, they do everything else the same, include absorbing enemy damage. Do make note that the shadow will appear 1 second after you cast the ability, and the shadow will spawn at the enemy's location when you first cast the ability, not after the 1s delay. This means that an enemy can use their leap to completely avoid any damage coming out from the shadow. Also, each shadow gives vision of the area, so you can see everything around the enemy.

Ok, this ultimate may seem underwhelming at first, but allow me to open your eyes to its potential. Enemy got away from a fight against an ally with low health? Pop your ultimate, and then use Night Burst to clean up. Looking for a gank from the jungle? Pop your ultimate, use your global Shadow Sneak and essentially have a global gank. Teamfights? Ok, assuming the enemies are grouped up, during a teamfight, you can pop your ultimate. Not only will this give an absurd amount of extra tankiness, but each shadow deals 100% of your damage. That's right, if the enemy is clumped up, each Night Burst from each enemy's shadow will deal full damage. Think of the insane burst damage!

Ok, well, that's all for this god idea. Please give me your feedback below. I'll be heading to sleep soon, so it may be a while before I am able to reply.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 17, 2014 2:29pm | Report
This god is overpowered.

Mainly because of the passive. The shadows last forever until destroyed.

But even without that, you're still looking at 300% damage on his Night Slash. 240 base + 70%, + (120 base + 35%) x 4, or 720 base + 210% physical power, in an AoE, at a 6 seconds cooldown.

130% physical power contribution on his Shadow Sneak, not to mention it's like Loki's Assassinate minus the stun.

The second ability, Unseen Bonds, despite sounding like an anime episode title, is probably the best balanced of the bunch, but the 90% potential slow is ridiculous. If the minions just added damage/healing, this move would be perfect.

The ultimate, however, is absurd.

Firstly, a global teleport, to an enemy, is extremely broken. I can only compare this to Athena's ult, which deals massive damage, but still less damage than what Night Slash would deal. You also have Karthus' ult mixed in, not to mention you can instantly heal yourself near to full health by using this with Unseen bond. Broken.

Also, your passive is extremely confusing. Why do the seconds and third abilities deal 50%, yet the first is an odd number that is not 50%?

Overall, this god, while interesting, suffers from having pretty much everything. Tankiness, sustain, mobility, global presence, high damage, AoE damage, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 17, 2014 6:52pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This god is overpowered.

Mainly because of the passive. The shadows last forever until destroyed.

But even without that, you're still looking at 300% damage on his Night Slash. 240 base + 70%, + (120 base + 35%) x 4, or 720 base + 210% physical power, in an AoE, at a 6 seconds cooldown.

130% physical power contribution on his Shadow Sneak, not to mention it's like Loki's Assassinate minus the stun.

The second ability, Unseen Bonds, despite sounding like an anime episode title, is probably the best balanced of the bunch, but the 90% potential slow is ridiculous. If the minions just added damage/healing, this move would be perfect.

The ultimate, however, is absurd.

Firstly, a global teleport, to an enemy, is extremely broken. I can only compare this to Athena's ult, which deals massive damage, but still less damage than what Night Slash would deal. You also have Karthus' ult mixed in, not to mention you can instantly heal yourself near to full health by using this with Unseen bond. Broken.

Also, your passive is extremely confusing. Why do the seconds and third abilities deal 50%, yet the first is an odd number that is not 50%?

Overall, this god, while interesting, suffers from having pretty much everything. Tankiness, sustain, mobility, global presence, high damage, AoE damage, etc.

I recommend you read this god's abilities more carefully before commenting.

A lot of what you are saying is immediately disproved by just reading what is there.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 17, 2014 9:31pm | Report
I swear, the bit on the shadow's duration wasn't there when I first saw it. I know it wasn't there.

And my opinion hasn't changed. Initiate with Shadow Sneak, gain a shadow. Opponent is silenced and usually doesn't have time to destroy the shadow before you Night Burst, gaining another. Then you basic attack a few times, get a bit hurt, before you'd cast Unseen Bonds to snare the target, before using another Night Burst, with 2-3 shadows, dealing 480-600 base, plus 140-210% of your physical power.

Not to mention, the ultimate is a global teleport, Karthus ult, and mass healing move in one. And I did read carefully, and you said it yourself, the ult can be used for a global gank or as a finisher.

And since you gave a resource that depends on how often you cast, you can bet that people will be getting CDR.

You say he's a bruiser, but he's more like an assassin with damage reduction. His kit is entirely assassin-like, with multiple gap closers, and a lot of burst damage. Not to mention the global-gank thing, which is definitely assassin-like.

edit: Oops, I forgot the constructive part of the criticism thing.

Suggestion for god (general): Seriously, this guy screams assassin, and I think if you remove the damage reduction, his kit would be more understandable.

Suggestion for 1: Pretty fine. But with his ultimate, it becomes icky. A global teleport with one second of warning is pretty overpowered, in my opinion. (Or is it two seconds? Do you gain the ability to globally teleport after the shadows spawn, or when they are spawning?)

Suggestion for 2: Give some kind of cap on the slow, and half the numbers on the heal, maybe say "heal 50% of the damage done." 210 + 90% for healing is high enough by itself, but with shadows, it becomes ridiculous. Hercules heals himself without being attacked by 220 flat, but when you reach numbers like 315 + 135% (just one shadow), you start healing better than Hel.

Suggestion for 3: Give it a higher cooldown, maybe turn it into a cone or line attack. As a circle area attack, it is kinda broken. I can see him ulting, teleporting to the enemy back line and using Night Burst for massive area damage, kinda like Mage Nocturne. If this burst was limited to one activating in a while, it'd be better.

Suggestion for 4: The Karthus ult is fine. The teleport needs some balancing, but it can be fine. Same for the heal. The main problem is that this skill can do way too much, and since everyone is going to build CDR...honestly, I'm not sure what to do about this. It's a cool concept.

Maybe...have the shadows automatically follow the target, and these shadows last for only one ability cast before fading. Or maybe have this be literally the enemy's shadow, they gain 5% damage reduction, but hitting the shadow hurts them as well, which synergizes well with Night Burst's AoE. Maybe hitting the shadow deals 25% damage to the enemy and transfer CC, and you can target the shadow for a teleport.

How's that sound?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 18, 2014 4:19am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I swear, the bit on the shadow's duration wasn't there when I first saw it. I know it wasn't there.

And my opinion hasn't changed. Initiate with Shadow Sneak, gain a shadow. Opponent is silenced and usually doesn't have time to destroy the shadow before you Night Burst, gaining another. Then you basic attack a few times, get a bit hurt, before you'd cast Unseen Bonds to snare the target, before using another Night Burst, with 2-3 shadows, dealing 480-600 base, plus 140-210% of your physical power.

Not to mention, the ultimate is a global teleport, Karthus ult, and mass healing move in one. And I did read carefully, and you said it yourself, the ult can be used for a global gank or as a finisher.

And since you gave a resource that depends on how often you cast, you can bet that people will be getting CDR.

You say he's a bruiser, but he's more like an assassin with damage reduction. His kit is entirely assassin-like, with multiple gap closers, and a lot of burst damage. Not to mention the global-gank thing, which is definitely assassin-like.

edit: Oops, I forgot the constructive part of the criticism thing.

Suggestion for god (general): Seriously, this guy screams assassin, and I think if you remove the damage reduction, his kit would be more understandable.

Suggestion for 1: Pretty fine. But with his ultimate, it becomes icky. A global teleport with one second of warning is pretty overpowered, in my opinion. (Or is it two seconds? Do you gain the ability to globally teleport after the shadows spawn, or when they are spawning?)

Suggestion for 2: Give some kind of cap on the slow, and half the numbers on the heal, maybe say "heal 50% of the damage done." 210 + 90% for healing is high enough by itself, but with shadows, it becomes ridiculous. Hercules heals himself without being attacked by 220 flat, but when you reach numbers like 315 + 135% (just one shadow), you start healing better than Hel.

Suggestion for 3: Give it a higher cooldown, maybe turn it into a cone or line attack. As a circle area attack, it is kinda broken. I can see him ulting, teleporting to the enemy back line and using Night Burst for massive area damage, kinda like Mage Nocturne. If this burst was limited to one activating in a while, it'd be better.

Suggestion for 4: The Karthus ult is fine. The teleport needs some balancing, but it can be fine. Same for the heal. The main problem is that this skill can do way too much, and since everyone is going to build CDR...honestly, I'm not sure what to do about this. It's a cool concept.

Maybe...have the shadows automatically follow the target, and these shadows last for only one ability cast before fading. Or maybe have this be literally the enemy's shadow, they gain 5% damage reduction, but hitting the shadow hurts them as well, which synergizes well with Night Burst's AoE. Maybe hitting the shadow deals 25% damage to the enemy and transfer CC, and you can target the shadow for a teleport.

How's that sound?

I assure you it was there, and always was there. You missed it, you were not reading carefully. I have not changed anything other than add a bit more clarity to the passive, and that was remove the '50% values' for it.

Subzero008 wrote:

----

Proof you aren't reading carefully. It clearly states for the duration of the shadow that there is a global teleport.

The reason why I made the shadows not be able to move is to allow for counterplay. Read the mechanics of the shadow. It has a 1 second delay. A dash will render this shadow useless. The chances of you hitting an enemy with the 2 ability is incredibly hard unless you have vision, as it will be way too slow to land, especially considering you can't see the enemy.

I think the best change I can do is to simply make the shadows not grant vision of the area around them. That means that you can only gank those in lane, and assist with a fight. You can't pick off a fleeing enemy in the jungle with no counterplay with this dash. Also, I think removing the silence is also another good idea, so when the enemy does get dashed onto, they can still dash away.

Subzero008 wrote:

---

There is a cap on the slow. It clearly states that it is 30%, and enemies can only be hit by 1 bond.

There was a typo on my part with the heal. The original intention was to make it so it just heals for the same base numbers but the heal doesn't scale. Granted, that still is a bit on the strong side. I think I'll just make the heals a seperate flat number.

Also, who said anything about a snare?

Subzero008 wrote:

The circle is small. The reason why enemies can be hit by at most 3 Night Bursts is because the AoE is too small for an enemy too be ht by more.

It has to be a low enough cooldown so he can still jungle (the intention is for him to be shoved into the jungle, it just so happened to also function decently in solo lane). I'd prefer it to be a circle area attack because I think it synergises better with the shadows. I mean, a cone would be odd considering the position of his shadows. A circle AoE would be better as it effectively just increased the range of Night Burst. I think just nerfing the damage is the way to go here.

He is meant to be a lot like Nocturne or Diana, a bulky assassin that can get to the enemy's backlines easily and wreak havoc.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 18, 2014 4:33am | Report
This is the updated version.

HiFromBuddha wrote:

Hello, I am here with another god idea. It has been a while since I did one of these, with my last one Being Huehuecoyotl I believe (although it could be Charon... Hmm...).

While I am aware that this god was also done recently by another user, the thread can be found here, I liked the concept of Erebus that I decided to make my own version of him.

My version of Erebus will be a mobile tanky bruiser with a few assassin qualities. He will be adept at AoE damage, and has the ability to engage into a fight, but it will be hard to disengage from a fight. He will function best in the jungle or solo lane.

While he does have low base damage and low scaling for a bruiser, he has the ability to amplify all damage through his shadow mechanic.

Without further ado...

PASSIVE: Army of Shadows
Every ability cast that hits an enemy (His ultimate will spawn a shadow regardless) will create a shadow (clone) next to Erebus. Erebus can have a maximum of 4 shadows. Each shadow will copy every move of Erebus, including movement, abilities and basic attacks. Additionally, each shadow will absorb a percentage of all damage dealt to Erebus.

Duration: 30 seconds each or until they run out of health
Durability: 10% of Erebus' max health
Damage absorbed: 2.5% each (Max 10%)

The bread and butter of Erebus, his passive. This was my first thought, and I believed that a god that could create his own army of shadows would be cool. So, along came this passive. Since he is a bruiser, this will be his only form of innate tankiness if you wanted to build him more tanky. Each shadown copies Erebus' every action, meaning that whatever you do, they do. Basic attack? All 4 will basic attack in front of them. Cast an ability? All 4 will cast the ability. Also, the shadows will be arranged in the same formation as the dots on the number 5 on a dice, with Erebus being in the center. Each shadow will only have 50% of Erebus' values, so they will only deal half damage and heal Erebus for half the amount. Shadows do not deal full damage and apply full values.

1. Shadow Sneak (yeah yeah, I know the other one has the ability of the same name, but it's so cool TT^TT)
Erebus disappears into the ground, and after a 0.5s delay and immunity, appears at the far side of the target, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (+50% of Bonus Physical Power) damage to all enemies around the target and the target himself. Each shadow Erebus has before teleporting will add an additional 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% of Bonus Physical Power) damage on arrival. Shadows from his ultimate do not add damage to his ultimate.

16s Cooldown

The main skill that makes Erebus so mobile. Using this, Erebus can appear behind enemies and get off his abilities. However, do note the this ability needs a target in order to work. You cannot freely use this as a dash. Once an enemy is targeted, it is locked on and they cannot avoid it, but they can use leaps during the 0.5s delay to drag Erebus to another location.

2. Unseen Bonds.
Erebus sends out a slow moving shadow in the ground (think Shikimaru from Naruto) that attaches to the first enemy hit. When it hits an enemy, they will take 30/40/50/60/70 (+30% of Total Physical Power) each second for 3 seconds, and Erebus will be healed for 20/30/40/50/60 each second. Additionally, Erebus will steal 10% movement speed each second. Shadows will also send a link directly in front of them, dealing full damage and slow, but only healing Erebus for 25% of the amount. Erebus only gets a move speed buff from one of the shadows. Enemies can only be hit with 1 bond.

13s Cooldown

This was the last ability I thought up of. Basically, think Karma's W ability from League of Legends, except it steals move speed, doesn't snare, heals and is a skillshot. This will also hit jungle camps, so this will provide the sustain Erebus needs to function in the jungle. This also gives Erebus a lot of chasing potential, and the heal also gives a bit of innate tankiness.

3. Night Burst
Dark energy bursts out of Erebus, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+40% of Total Physical Damage) damage to all enemies around him. Shadows will also have the damage radiate from them, but any additional Night Bursts that hit an enemy will only deal 20/30/40/50/60 (+15% of Total Physical Damage) damage (Basically, at max rank, if an enemy is hit by more than 1, each additonal one will only deal 60 more damage).

6s Cooldown

Yeah, yeah, blatant copy of Zed's Shadow Slash. Basically, deals damage around him, and that's it. It's a really simple ability. Enemies can be hit by, at most, 3 Night Bursts, unless used in conjunction with his ultimate.

ULTIMATE: Inner Darkness
After a 1 second delay, Erebus retrieves the inner darkness from everyone, creating a shadow at the location of all enemies for 5 seconds. Shadows will, once again, copy all actions done by Erebus other than movement, but instead, deal 100% of Erebus' damage. These shadows will absorb damage for Erebus, making it up to a max of 20%. Additionally, during the shadows' 5s lifespan, Shadow Sneak has global range.

110/105/100/95/90s Cooldown.

THIS IS A GLOBAL ULTIMATE!!11!one! To put it simple, a shadow appears at all enemies locations. This shadow works like Erebus' normal shadow, except they deal 100% damage, can't move and they also have an infinite amount of health. Other than that, they do everything else the same, include absorbing enemy damage. Do make note that the shadow will appear 1 second after you cast the ability, and the shadow will spawn at the enemy's location when you first cast the ability, not after the 1s delay. This means that an enemy can use their leap to completely avoid any damage coming out from the shadow.

Ok, this ultimate may seem underwhelming at first, but allow me to open your eyes to its potential. Enemy got away from a fight against an ally with low health? Pop your ultimate, and then use Night Burst to clean up. Looking for a gank from the jungle? Pop your ultimate, use your global Shadow Sneak and essentially have a global gank. Teamfights? Ok, assuming the enemies are grouped up, during a teamfight, you can pop your ultimate. Not only will this give an absurd amount of extra tankiness, but each shadow deals 100% of your damage. That's right, if the enemy is clumped up, each Night Burst from each enemy's shadow will deal full damage. Think of the insane burst damage!

Ok, well, that's all for this god idea. Please give me your feedback below. I'll be heading to sleep soon, so it may be a while before I am able to reply.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 18, 2014 5:13am | Report
These are getting long, so I'll make them separate for the sake of not having huge text walls.

Quoted:
Proof you aren't reading carefully. It clearly states for the duration of the shadow that there is a global teleport.

The reason why I made the shadows not be able to move is to allow for counterplay. Read the mechanics of the shadow. It has a 1 second delay. A dash will render this shadow useless. The chances of you hitting an enemy with the 2 ability is incredibly hard unless you have vision, as it will be way too slow to land, especially considering you can't see the enemy.

I think the best change I can do is to simply make the shadows not grant vision of the area around them. That means that you can only gank those in lane, and assist with a fight. You can't pick off a fleeing enemy in the jungle with no counterplay with this dash. Also, I think removing the silence is also another good idea, so when the enemy does get dashed onto, they can still dash away.

Actually, it is proof I did read carefully. I've been saying it's a global teleport with the ult, and it is. "Additionally, during the shadows' 5s lifespan, Shadow Sneak has global range."

So in other words, as written, a global teleport is part of his kit, tied to his ultimate.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 18, 2014 5:17am | Report
Quoted:
There is a cap on the slow. It clearly states that it is 30%, and enemies can only be hit by 1 bond.

There was a typo on my part with the heal. The original intention was to make it so it just heals for the same base numbers but the heal doesn't scale. Granted, that still is a bit on the strong side. I think I'll just make the heals a seperate flat number.

Also, who said anything about a snare?

When I meant snare, I didn't mean the CC root, I meant more like a metaphorical snare.

Quoted:
2. Unseen Bonds.
Erebus sends out a slow moving shadow in the ground (think Shikimaru from Naruto) that attaches to the first enemy hit. When it hits an enemy, they will take 30/40/50/60/70 (+30% of Total Physical Power) each second for 3 seconds, and Erebus will be healed for the same amount. Additionally, Erebus will steal 10% movement speed each second. Shadows will also send a link directly in front of them, and if it hits an enemy, it will deal 50% damage and heal for 50%. They will only steal 5% movement speed each second. The heal and the move speed bonus still goes to Erebus. Enemies can only be hit with 1 bond.

13s Cooldown

This was the last ability I thought up of. Basically, think Karma's W ability from League of Legends, except it steals move speed, heals and is a skillshot. This will also hit jungle camps, so this will provide the sustain Erebus needs to function in the jungle. This also gives Erebus a lot of chasing potential, and the heal also gives a bit of innate tankiness.

There is nowhere here that states the cap is 30%. The shadows steal 5% movement speed per seconds. The main guy steals 10% per seconds, and I think you can do the math.

Edit: I saw that each target can be hit by only one bond. That must have been what you meant. My bad.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 18, 2014 5:25am | Report
Quoted:
The circle is small. The reason why enemies can be hit by at most 3 Night Bursts is because the AoE is too small for an enemy too be ht by more.

It has to be a low enough cooldown so he can still jungle (the intention is for him to be shoved into the jungle, it just so happened to also function decently in solo lane). I'd prefer it to be a circle area attack because I think it synergises better with the shadows. I mean, a cone would be odd considering the position of his shadows. A circle AoE would be better as it effectively just increased the range of Night Burst. I think just nerfing the damage is the way to go here.

He is meant to be a lot like Nocturne or Diana, a bulky assassin that can get to the enemy's backlines easily and wreak havoc.

I wish you'd have put down radii or other area numbers, would make it easier. :/

Seriously, now that you've said that, that changes everything. I assumed it would be more like 20-feet, considering 13 feet is melee basic range. I guess it's fine that way.

Edit: When I read "can only be hit with 3 NBs max," I thought you meant it wasn't possible to more than two shadows per burst, with Shadow Sneak used for initiation, and Unseen Bond getting you close, leaving two shadows, kind of how like He Bo needs his Water Spout to recharge before using his combo.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 18, 2014 5:40am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Actually, it is proof I did read carefully. I've been saying it's a global teleport with the ult, and it is. "Additionally, during the shadows' 5s lifespan, Shadow Sneak has global range."

So in other words, as written, a global teleport is part of his kit, tied to his ultimate.

"(Or is it two seconds? Do you gain the ability to globally teleport after the shadows spawn, or when they are spawning?)"

What I was referring to when I said you weren't reading it properly.

*whistles*

Subzero008 wrote:

I wish you'd have put down radii or other area numbers, would make it easier. :/

Seriously, now that you've said that, that changes everything. I assumed it would be more like 20-feet, considering 13 feet is melee basic range. I guess it's fine that way.

Edit: When I read "can only be hit with 3 NBs max," I thought you meant it wasn't possible to more than two shadows per burst, with Shadow Sneak used for initiation, and Unseen Bond getting you close, leaving two shadows, kind of how like He Bo needs his Water Spout to recharge before using his combo.

The reason why I don't use feet is because I have no idea how it works in Smite. If we were talking about units such as LoL, I would be giving the range of them.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }