Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God idea: Erebus, the God of Shadows

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God idea: Erebus, the God of Shadows 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 18, 2014 6:26am | Report
When I meant two seconds, I meant reaction time. If you could teleport the instant you pressed four, the enemy would have only one second of warning.

If you would look over my suggestion again, you'd see right above it, "A global teleport with one second of warning is pretty overpowered, in my opinion. (Or is it two seconds? Do you gain the ability to globally teleport after the shadows spawn, or when they are spawning?)"

It wasn't a question about something I missed, it was a bit of clarification. You said for the shadow's lifetime, but that's not clear. You can kill Artemis' boar (before the art buff patch) before it moves, as it spawns. So it could be 1-2 seconds of warning.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SylannV » February 23, 2014 9:45am | Report
I want to see Erebus in the game , With Nyx too ^^. Lord of Shadows and Mother of Vampires and Night. Would be awesome :3

SylannV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » February 23, 2014 3:48pm | Report
Honestly you sold me at Shikamaru :), still everything looks pretty good I really don't know what to write so yeah....

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 26, 2014 6:12pm | Report
This sounds amazing. I for one LOVE global ults. They should have more gods with them. We only got Neith (And maybe Apollo)

Oh and as someone who knows a "Bit" about coding. And I emphasize that "Bit". If his 1 needs a valid target. But his ult makes his one kind of like Neith's ult. The coding might conflict with his ult with the quick changing of his 1 into a Neith like ult once his ult is up. But I have no idea how good is HiRez's programmers are. But we have experienced their "work". Seen some bugs everytime they make a new god. But this seems more "Complicated" than what other bugs they've fixed before. Not a changing a skill mechanic completely for one use then changes back to normal.

It's not like Hel's. Her skills were coded and used almost exactly the same way but with different effects. As for this guy. From a ranged targeting to a global like Neith ult targeting. So I think that would cause maybe 1 problem: An unlimited tele to ENEMY gods skill. XD

And it might take awhile to fix, or even longer to finish. If they ever make this into a real thing. But other than that. Love it. At least it's no: Take away % of hp/mp/speed all in one skill.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 26, 2014 6:48pm | Report
After reading through this a few more times, it think it looks good except for a few things.

You may want to tone down the damage that your ult shadows do, considering you could quite easily be dealing 500% of your base damage in a teamfight. That's like, over 2k damage with a full combo if you hit everyone in a clump. Also, a ground target location blink may be a bit hard to aim from across the map once you ult.

A big thing I keep in mind when making God Concepts is to keep them simple. League of Legends has some pretty damn complicated champions in it, but since Smite is more about individual skill, I think that should be applicable to god once picked up.

I like the idea of mimicking clones, but it just seems too similar to Zed.

The Master of Shadows has an extremely unique playstyle with his Shadow Swaps. That's what makes him.

Erebus has the global ult, which is pretty cool, but doesn't offer the same kind of awesome outplays you can pull off with Zed.

Another thing about Zed is that you can target two Razor Shurikens at one area, since they aren't just shot from in front of you. This makes the direction your shadows are facing in relation to your enemies extremely important when casting Unseen Bonds. When you consider the location at which every shadow is created (in the 5-die formation) it's actually impossible to hit a person in front of you with more than one bond, unless they move sideways directly in front of them during an assassination or chase. Suggestion, have the shadow's Unseen Bonds fire directly after Erebus' hits, and have them home in on the target. That way, you are rewarded for landing your skillshot!

Looks good so far, just a few tweaks could be made.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }