Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zhong Kui OP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Zhong Kui OP 18 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is Zhong Kui OP?
He is OP
He is just fine
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » September 2, 2013 9:24pm | Report
I haven't been on the site in a few days and was wondering if anyone else has come to the same conclusion. Zhong Kui is OP (it even rhymes). In my first game I played with him going mid on conquest, I went 19-4-4. His 3 is crazy good, and on top of that, he has a great heal, which also gives him protections.

Does anyone else agree that he is OP (rhyming again)? If so, do you think he will get nerfed in the next patch?

Also, I don't see the poll function used enough, so I've decided to give it a whirl.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 3, 2013 1:45am | Report
No , he seems just fine to me .I tried ZK in practice thinking he will be overpowered and I will buy him and destroy everything in the coming matches but he is not .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » September 3, 2013 3:15am | Report
the only unbalanced part of him is that passive 60 protections is to much

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 3, 2013 3:21am | Report
Zhong Kui is not overpowered. First of all he is one of the most squishiest melee mages (even much weaker than Freya) because of his Magical Protection being 30(+0) and his Physical Protection being 8(+3). Secondly, he is melee which is significantly harder to win, or even survive early-to-mid game. Plus he can easily be taken out by someone like Kali or any other god with a movement speed buff.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » September 3, 2013 3:29am | Report
I only have two problems with him. First his passive gives him way to much protection when full and the range of his ultimate makes it way to hard to avoid unless you have a leap (even then its difficult), Its also superior in every way compared to Frenzy.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » September 3, 2013 4:44am | Report
i personally think he is fine (because i smash face with him regularly >=)) but people are complaining about 2 things mostly.

1: his passive protections

2: his heal/sustain

sadly my nerfing senses are tingling and i am expecting him to get hit buy the nerf hammer quite hard this week.

they will nerf the protections to about 30-40-45 (my guess is 30 with a buff the following week to 40-45)

then they will nerf the heal buy 15%-25% and see how both skills effect the game for the following weak.

i would also expect an addition to the mana cost of his abilities they are quite cheap.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emnity » September 3, 2013 4:58am | Report
I think he is fine with his skill set and mechanics just the protections feel too much even at start, first few minutes and the ult has this stupid CC immunity which I don't freakin get it.

Emnity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » September 3, 2013 5:28am | Report
also they may consider taking away his ability to cast skills during his ultimate that is pretty op lol

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 3, 2013 7:23am | Report
I think i'm okay if they take the CC immunity from Zhong Kui cause as long as its ghost still come out, it is still useful

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 3, 2013 8:01am | Report
here are my 2 eurocents. zhong kui is NOT OP but like all new gods he is defentely strong at not fully in balence.

to balence him he needs this.

A BIGGER PASSIVE BAG. now what i mean is that instead of 3 protection per stack ending at 20 stacks how about 2 protection per stack ending at 30. this would mean that it takes a bit longer to fill it every time he empties it. that means that you can poke him easier and can kill him before mid game.

A BIGGER SLOW. now don't be confused. i mean that 20% slow over 6 seconds is to much. i think he needs a bigger slow that takes 4 seconds. just SET amount of slow for SET amount of time. bigger slow but shorter.

and maybe not cc immume for the full duriation but just for 3/4 of the time.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }