Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xbox Smite becoming unplayable

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xbox Smite becoming unplayable 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 25, 2015 9:47am | Report
Im not just saying this on my end. I just got done with a match with a Cupid player who also agreed that his lag was also very bad on his end. Then following up with 3 players getting sent out the game. The amount of D/Cs Ive seen the last couple days have been very bad causing it to be no fun. I dont like easy wins. Aiming abilities is becoming a pain in the ***. Ive never seen anyone over shoot a Cupid ult the way i did today.
Whats going on with Smite lately?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 25, 2015 10:15am | Report
Pretty sure they had to reboot the servers, for some ******* reason, but if it's still going idk, might be too much ppl using the internet service at once ( Not saying at your house, like here in Brazil, when a lot of ppl in a certain area are using the same internet provider, it normally drops my ping from 170 to 300. ) So yeah, maybe that's that ???
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » December 25, 2015 10:34am | Report
Hi-Rez has had to deal with a lot of DDoS attacks recently, that would be the most likely cause for the ongoing issues these past couple of days.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 25, 2015 11:08am | Report
What Is DDOSing?
I saw several people mention it in a Cloud9 vs AFK match in the pro leagues, it caused the mid laner to leave i think(C9)

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 25, 2015 11:09am | Report
Why do people want to attack the Smite servers? :(
They gave us a free and fun to play game...
Well free in a sense at least

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 25, 2015 12:02pm | Report
For the same reason ppl get a max level account on a PvP server on any game and camp the lv 1 spawn to kill all the noobs.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 25, 2015 3:44pm | Report
a DoSS attack is a denial of service attack.

they send a lot of info at the same time at a server causing a server to overload. (just google it if you want more accurate information)

and ireaux who knows last year a group took down the PSN and xbox live down for trolling

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Napalm Clambake » December 31, 2015 9:44am | Report
I noticed this too. I haven't played since June, came back a couple days ago and most of my arena matches have been pretty jagged. I'm in a good area with 80mbps down and 6mbps upload. But enemies are jittery and skipping all over... trying to learn Xing Tian and I swear to god my axe is coated in grease. People just seem to slip right out of my hook slam and whirlwind!
Xbox One Gamertag--> Napalm Clambake

Napalm Clambake

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xxSHARKxx » January 6, 2016 4:40am | Report
I've only been kicked out of a game twice since I've played due to lag. Not counting the service maintainence. My Xbox is wired to my router though and all other devices run off a secondary modem
xxSHARKxx

xxSHARKxx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 6, 2016 4:58am | Report
I've not had any problems ever and I'm on wireless with meh Internet.

Could be a problem on your end, for anyone who is struggling?

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }