Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why do people think you should defend them at all cost?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why do people think you should defend them at all cost? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Einherjar the rock » November 3, 2018 9:38am | Report
I play as support and I have noticed something. Whenever I am with someone and they die they seem to get mad at me for not sacrificing myself for them. They run into a 3v1 gank and if I don't join them with my 300 hp they start spamming you rock in chat. What the hell makes them think it is good for all of us to die just cause they think I should protect them in a fight that is impossible to win? I couldn't tank the damage even if I had max hp cause the enemy teams damage mealts my hp bar. Besides neither mine nor their damage is enough to kill them so why are they going into this gank? Thanks.

Einherjar the rock

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » November 3, 2018 10:00am | Report

Whenever I am with someone

They run into a 3v1 gank

Hmm.... so which one is it? Can't be with someone AND they run into a 3 v 1 gank, otherwise you would be joining them, and if you're joining them and refusing to save them, well you just aren't protecting them well enough are you?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » November 3, 2018 10:02am | Report
You can't do anything about bad team mates. You did the right thing to not help with only 300 hp.

Someone recently created a good support guide. I recommend you check that out. I'll tag you in it.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Einherjar the rock » November 3, 2018 10:32am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Hmm.... so which one is it? Can't be with someone AND they run into a 3 v 1 gank, otherwise you would be joining them, and if you're joining them and refusing to save them, well you just aren't protecting them well enough are you?

Dude seriously? I am with someone in the same lane or in a joust and they run into a 3v1 gank they can't win. If I run in to protect them we are both gonna die which is worse than just one of us dying.

Einherjar the rock

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 3, 2018 10:44am | Report
Don't mind Kriega, he read what you said wrong. You shouldn't try to help someone who runs into a potential 3v1 situation if they don't have the damage burst to kill at least two of those 3. Like I tell a friend of mine: I can't protect stupid.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Einherjar the rock » November 3, 2018 11:38am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Don't mind Kriega, he read what you said wrong. You shouldn't try to help someone who runs into a potential 3v1 situation if they don't have the damage burst to kill at least two of those 3. Like I tell a friend of min
e: I can't protect stupid.

Wise words.

Einherjar the rock

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 3, 2018 11:46am | Report
As Boogie pointed out, you can't dictate how your team will act, you can only choose how you'll react to their actions.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 3, 2018 12:40pm | Report
It's a misinterpretation issue. Happens a lot with a lot of people.

Terminology could be improved. You're 2v2 in lane. A 3rd person comes in to gank (likely the Jungler). Your teammate doesn't recognize the odd-man disadvantage, and continues to fight instead of retreating.

This is not a 3v1 gank. 3v1 gank would be, your ADC is in lane by himself. 3 people that weren't previously in-lane came into lane to gank.

I'm guessing the 3rd man in is what you're describing, and yes, if you're low health due to boxing exchanges, and your teammate continues to fight...not recognizing that you're not in a good position to support without just completely dying, then that's on him, and it's his fault for not being aware enough to see it's a bad situation.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }