Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Whats your Favorite Tank?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Whats your Favorite Tank? 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 11, 2013 1:36am | Report
Just curious what you guys favorite tanks are.

I'd have to say my favorite tank right now is Odin.

I don't build him tanky though I build him with more damage and build slight defense depending on whos in my lane/match.

I never used to pick odin much, I only picked him when I was new to the game so I would always build him like a tank.

Now that I build him with damage I am going like 12-3 in alot of my matches with him lately when I decided to pick him.

Odin used to be the tank I underestimated, meaning when I seen him in a lane I never thought he would be able do dish out damage on me. Of course this was back months ago when I was new, but it carried with me, even when I seen odins jumping from the air I never really feared odin before.

Now that I play him and see what he can do I no longer underestimate him.

Odin is like my 2nd favorite god at the movement or at least one of my favorite now.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » June 11, 2013 1:48am | Report
My favorite tank is also Odin. Like you said he is tanky, but can dish out some good damage. He is also really helpful to his team because of Birds of Wisdom and Odin's Shout, and a blast to play as trapping people in your ring of death never gets old!

Guan Yu Used to be my favorite tank before I started playing Odin. I still like Odin a bit more, but Guan Yu is a closed seconded. Tanky with some good damage, lots of CC if you buy Gem of Isolation, a heal, a devastating ultimate if used with good timing and one of the best gods at tower driving and tower defending because of his passive. His skills also has the best sound effects in the game.

Other then that I like Hades and Athena a lot, but I just like Odin and Guan Yu more.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 11, 2013 2:20am | Report
Athena or Guan Yu, maybe Ymir

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » June 11, 2013 3:06am | Report
I've never really been a huge tank player but I really enjoyed playing as Athena the other night.

I think I'd probably end up more a bruiser than a full tank if I went for it.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 11, 2013 3:51am | Report
mine atm are Ares and Guan Yu! but ive just recently started playing Odin and im liking him alot!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 11, 2013 4:52am | Report
I like ymir and athena

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 11, 2013 11:53am | Report
It really depends on the game.
But i think my favorites are:
solo Vulcan and just feeling the frustration from the enemy lane when they can't push your tower.
being annoying with Sobek just tossing the carry over and over again.
Odin as you guys said just being aggressive
and Athena is a lot of fun
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » June 11, 2013 12:03pm | Report
Guan Yu. Sobek.

But Athena is proving to be very fun too. They all have their strengths that I like. Guan can be very damaging, combining his debuff with some good damage output. Sobek is as true of a tank as can be. When I want pure tank, I fire up Sobek. I know he can do lots of damage, but his crowd control and teamfight disruption are too strong to screw up. Just all tank items and full support. Athena has such range, that I'm falling in love with the girl. Recall to buy/heal, teammate in trouble, wonderwoman fly to the rescue. BRB saving the far lane. I'm currently building her bruiser style, with a few damaging items to play up her snipe strengths. Get in to protect your teammate, and then dash for the kill turning the tides completely. Plus, dat taunt.... mmmmmmm

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 11, 2013 1:51pm | Report
I always wondered a few things since its not very clear to me

#1 - Guan Yu's Passive, how close do you need to be to towers for his passive to activate. I always wondered if it was inside the tower or exactly how close.

#2 - Birds of wisdom, does this give vision to your allies or are you teh only one who sees the extra vision.

When I pick odin, I use his odin's shout when in tower range so I can take down the tower really fast /along with my ad's shoot so fast it takes down towers in seconds.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 11, 2013 2:32pm | Report
#1 it is inside tower range, allied and enemy towers.

#2 allies see the extra range as well.

Yeah Odin is op at pushing towers :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }