Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vulcan remake

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Vulcan remake 38 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 20, 2013 3:25am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

...I just realized that ICEN already broke his so-called "goody two-shoes" challenge.

I'm not even mad, just...disappointed.

Nope, he made that post 30 minutes before he started the challenges.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 3:52am | Report

Nope, he made that post 30 minutes before he started the challenges.
Exactly lol, I didn't write that post whenever I started that challenge :D
To the other guy name one god that is more easier to play than Vulcan because I can't remember any.

There may be some that come close but none are as easy.

If you were to take a 4 year old and make him play smite what god would you think be the easiest?
My vote goes to Vulcan because again, a 4 year old doesn't need to know how to aim, thats what turrets are for.

I'm still waiting for that Vulcan UAV though, next people will tell me that it takes skill because you have to move your finger in order to active Vulcan's UAV.

I also herd Vulcan's air strikes take skill because you have to aim where your air strike that cover 4000000 feet of the map will land.

That was just being funny but on a real note : Name a god that is more easy then Vulcan, I can't think of any.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 4:33am | Report
ICEN: this is well said ...

but you shouldnt forget that there are 2 points of view :-)

First beginner difficulty and its really low as you said and then there is a question how easy is to master a god and I think that its much harder to master Vulcan than some carry like XBALANQUE etc.

The problem with Vulcan is that if you will place the turrets on wrong place they will be less usefull then one cast of whirpool, tornados or grasping hands so Vulcan looks like an super easy play and it is if you know how to play.... With Vulcan its much more something like playing chess, because that god is about tactics

and basically or carry characters are easy, the only thing which you need to do is hit and its easy - nothing hard :-) and if you will miss sometime nothing horrible happens (sometime one miss can cost your life but most often you will finish them in next few hits)

On the other side I would say that for example other gods especially the gods with delayed cast are the hardest one (nice example is for example ao kuang where it take some time to fire a spell and it wont help you that you will turn screen after pressing it to follow a target. it will fly the way where you press it first time. So this is much harder and this needs really some prediction from your side. Other thing which can be complicated to use are slow projectile spells etc...

btw what do you think about new VULCAN? :-) just one turret and just a one which cant turn around. You probably play mainly conquest but I am playing mainly arena and you must place it as well as possible if you want to take any advantage from it.

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 5:03am | Report
and answer on your question:
Xbalanque, Ah muzen Cab pre nerf (after it will require some tactical thinking where to place hives:-) )

xbalanque is probably one of the easiest god at all (aoe jump, big aoe poison, aoe damage on hit and damage is passively increased if the skill running... but you can screw it even with him)

and to hit targets is nothing really hard if you play anything like FPS or things like AOC etc

But there is many other gods which are easy and can just wait for some pull and then press one button :-) (zeus for example)

In the end I would say that there are really 2 categories as I mentioned before (easy for beginner and easy to master and these both categories dont need to contain same things)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 20, 2013 5:10am | Report
Ugh, Vulcan is really hard to play properly when dealing with and against competent players.
The fact that your turret is your only trump card is what makes Vulcan really hard, not easy.

If you want to contribute anything as Vulcan you need to know exactly when and where to place your turret. Placing it too soon or too easily accessible, and it dies before you get anything out of it. And once your turret is up you need to make sure that it doesn't get taken down and that the enemy stays within it�s range for it to be effective. If your turret goes down you basically become a punching bag. Vulcan is low tier because he is so easily ignored and shut down.

But that doesn't make him noob friendly at all. A noob will place down his turret, turret gets downed easily, Vulcan becomes a human punching bag.

You say you just put your turret down and wait. But when dealing with brainy players that's not how it goes. You need to be able to make sure that your turret is in a good spot where it can deal damage but not get shut down all the while helping your team with the rest of your kit. In a game where team fights happened sporadically and in constantly changing set-ups and situations, knowing where and when to place your turret is not as a simple math problem.

I don't think Vulcan is good for either casual or competitive play, but I don't think he's a "ez noob god" either. If you are really good, you can make Vulcan be "ok", if you are less than that, your Vulcan will suck.

A noob friendly god is a god that anyone can play, and be competent at.

ps: what's the deal with me getting into discussions with you so often, lol
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 5:35am | Report
I'm going to go try new Vulcan, at least he seems like hes not a turret camper anymore and is actually going to contribute something maybe break a sweat.

I am not saying you can't play a vulcan good or bad, everyone knows that people suck with vulcan and people own with vulcan.

I was just saying that vulcan is the easiest to use if you don't know how to play smite.

Okay thats what it is now

You guys think I am saying "vulcan is easy to use at his full potential"
I am not saying anyone can use vulcan like a pro

I am just saying he is the easiest to use

Of course he is a bit changed now so he will probably be throwing bombs at your face now

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 5:49am | Report
We will see... I think that new vulcan will be probably better thanks to increased utility.

We will basically have 2 fully usable active skills + 1 support skill (turret)

The only thing which makes me little sad is that passive is still oriented on turrets but I see no reason for that with this change ...
And the other thing is that I know that lot of people cry for backfire change to enable back dash. This is very hard to comment ...
5 sec cooldown (3 sec with reductions) is incredible cooldown on skill which can grant you escape from hades ulti etc. But on the other side it will be much more comlicated to use it offensively like it was in the past. (we will see how far away it will kick etc. but this is little complication for me and on the other side its also advantage :-D). For me its simply strange that I will drop turret, mark target throw lava bomb to put him towards me and when I will want to finish him I will shot and kick myself far away from him so he can maybe safe himself thanks to that ...

I was probably one of "few people" who like the change to backfire because I played vulcan offensively ... I can maybe sometimes die but I can kill targets much easily

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 20, 2013 6:07am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Name another god who can sit at spawn and get a kill?

Really? Really? Sometimes I don't think he thinks things through before he posts. In what world does his towers do that much damage? Even in Hoarder its so freaking easy to kill the turrets before they get mroe than 3 shots off, and even if Vulcan built full-boar caster it would only leave you at maybe 3/4 health.

As for his new bomb if its anything like I think it is it will be hard to land in the right way. You could end up saving enemies rather than dooming them. All in all I am looking forward to it.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 6:17am | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Really? Really? Sometimes I don't think he thinks things through before he posts. In what world does his towers do that much damage? Even in Hoarder its so freaking easy to kill the turrets before they get mroe than 3 shots off, and even if Vulcan built full-boar caster it would only leave you at maybe 3/4 health.

As for his new bomb if its anything like I think it is it will be hard to land in the right way. You could end up saving enemies rather than dooming them. All in all I am looking forward to it.
First of all you didn't name another god that can sit at spawn and get a kill, now that thats cleared up.

How can Vulcan get a kill from spawn from his "turrets" (you called them towers :X)
Step 1 - Vulcan places 2 turrets in the jungle before going back to spawn
Meanwhile a fight broke out in mid lane and the enemy god has ran into the jungle with low hp
Step 2 - Vulcan sees on his mini map that the guy is running to his turrets because people are chasing him
Step 3 - Vulcan uses ult from spawn and gets a kill

Now who can't get a kill from spawn? Yea baby Vulcan da man

You say Vulcan can't clear waves from spawn? I beg to differ

When minions move up the lane both sides clash in the middle of that lane.
Vulcan simply places both turrets right behind where the minions clash so that minions do not attack turrets but instead go after minions allowing the turrets to clear waves so that minions push up.

I believe that would be called the legendary "Vulcan Turret Placement"

Now who can't clear waves at spawn infinity again?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 20, 2013 6:22am | Report
Thus leaving his team an a 4v5 situation.
Oh, and Neith.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }