Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vulcan remake

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Vulcan remake 38 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 9:11pm | Report
noctuum wrote:

I'm sorry I may be wrong about this but weren't you complaining a while back about someone calling anubis a noob god after a game or something? Seems pretty unfair of you. Idk maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person.
:D Hell no that wasn't me, I play with Anubis someteimes why would I call a god I play with a nub god :(

Anyways even if someone called anubis a nub god that makes 0% sense because Anubis has the lowest defense of all mages, 2 of his skills root him to the ground and he is only good for taking out single gods. Also he only has a stun without his stun nobody is fearful of anubis.
Buy beads if you face anubis. IMO a skill shot is just that, their is a reason its called a skill shot.

Vulcan placing turrets isn't skill to me.
I'm being serious what is there that is skill to be a vulcan?
Spam turrets that do all the work for you

You want to know why vulcan is kind of nub troll easy to use?
Because hes the ONLY god in the game that can sit at spawn and clear waves WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING. Who else can do that?

I am calling vulcan as a god a nub not the players using him.
LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING
who does more work vulcan or the turrets?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 9:12pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Well he has played Anub with me and another one of his posts, so obviously it wasn't him >.o
I would never call gods I play with nubs... :(
But if I play with a nub god I'll let you know, any time I ever used vulcan you can legit say I was using a nub god because is the king of nub skills.

Vulcan = free kill streak sentry guns from call of duty.

Next vulcan will have air strikes that do all the killing for you

Give him a UAV while hes at it

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 19, 2013 9:41pm | Report
Vulcan, believe it or not, take a bit of skill. NOT just in turret placement. (This is pre-rework Vulcan)

For instance, his Backfire is a skillshot, but what I'm referring to is his actions when his turrets are already placed. Saying that the turrets do most of the work is like saying Anubis' wrap does all the work whenever he combos someone to death.

For instance, let's say an enemy Loki vanishes to shank his ***. Does Vulcan place a tower under his feet? Does he try to reposition himself? He might not have enough time to place two towers. Does he go for damage and try to scare Loki off, or does he do the Thumper to stall for time and to kite? It's not as simple as placing a turret, just like how Loki isn't all about Vanishing and buttstabbing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 9:54pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Vulcan, believe it or not, take a bit of skill. NOT just in turret placement. (This is pre-rework Vulcan)

For instance, his Backfire is a skillshot, but what I'm referring to is his actions when his turrets are already placed. Saying that the turrets do most of the work is like saying Anubis' wrap does all the work whenever he combos someone to death.

For instance, let's say an enemy Loki vanishes to shank his ***. Does Vulcan place a tower under his feet? Does he try to reposition himself? He might not have enough time to place two towers. Does he go for damage and try to scare Loki off, or does he do the Thumper to stall for time and to kite? It's not as simple as placing a turret, just like how Loki isn't all about Vanishing and buttstabbing.

Name another god who can sit at spawn and get a kill? Name another god who can put his controller down and get a kill, name another god that can eat a waffle while clearing waves and not pressing anything. Name another god who can clear waves while walking around the entire map doing whatever they want.

That example of anubis was bad.
Anubis stun does not DO WORK.
Anubis IS THE ONE aiming his ult
Anubis IS THE ONE placing his 3
Anubis IS THE ONE DOING DAMAGE

Vulcan has one skill shot that is him doing something.
other than that you place turrets WOW !

Lets see I place a turret, it does damage to anyone coming in its radius FOREVER until it dies or you place another. THAT IS NOT VULCAN DOING ****.
Vulcan has another turret that does damage to anyone coming in its 360 degree radius and it last FOREVER until it dies or you place another, again VULCAN ISN'T DOING ****

Vulcan has a ult again the actually damage is coming from his turret not him and vulcan is doing NO AIMING, NO MOVING MOUSE UP AN DOWN ECT.

Comparing a stationary turret that does damage itself with you doing NOTHING TO IT is no where near the same as an anubis who aims ults, aims skill shots, has damage that comes out of his mouth then has to turn his damage MANUALLY.

Thats the difference.
Turrets are AUTOMATIC
Anubis IS MANUAL

its like saying in racing games AUTOMATIC SHIFTS take more skill than MANUAL SHIFTS when automatic does **** by itself.
There are not even in the same league anytime something WORKS BY ITSELF it takes less skill to do nuff said.

You can scream turret placement all you want but at the end of the day there is nothing hard about placing a turret that does all the work for you. Oh they destroyed it? place another one

I will legit make a bet right now because I know for a 100000% fact the CURRENT vulcan is nub easy to play, so easy that I will make this bet.

I bet you that I can play vulcan 5 matches in a row, get kills, take towers, and NOT DIE THE ENTIRE GAME.

Want to know why? because I can camp 40 feet back while my turrets do their own AUTOMATIC WORK.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 12:58am | Report
So I can see the changes and I am really happy with that.
Currently the Vulcan get what he missing :-) CC :-)

with knockback and stun it will be incredibly useful to kick players towards me and hold them in a fire ...

I am really happy with the changes :-)

Now I just need to wait for final notes to see - damage, radius and cooldoown :-)

I am pretty happy with new ult. Many people complaining but immunity to CC and 30% damage reduction is very very good.

The only thing which I will leave is backfire. (with current change I would rather prefer variant without kicking me back so I will be able to better chase and enemy). With original build these feature was great.... with this new build it would be better to dont have this feature and they add it back...
In the past I used it lot to save mine life and it will be useful to get from hades ulti etc ... but I would prefer no move or move towards the target and have something like nezha without stun :-) (rope or something)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 1:40am | Report
Icen: definitely well placed turrets is whats doing a job :-) it will never be you. You are there for finishing them and for pressing ult when they attack you so you will wipe them :-)

Anubis is very interesting god .... another one which I really like.
At first he have absolutely highest damage output out of all gods (together with Hebo).
He is one of the easiest god to do Multi kills if you have someone who will help you.
Hebo is much easier to play and together with polynomicon you can 3 shot people which is not possible for most gods.... (but its different story)

You can solo nearly any god and with ulti you can cut them more at once ...

The biggest problem is that he is super squishy even with very high lifesteal and you must be very careful when to use your skills because you are rooted to the ground. He can also very easily help team mates to do a kill by stun.

Anubis can be really great god which have incredible spike damage which is sometime complicated to use.

but yeah ........ vulcan is really easy to play now :-) (this will little bit change him, because if you will face great vulcan he will be able to be pretty annoying. He will be able to do things like Hercules or Sobek (weaker) but with stun in the end :-)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 20, 2013 1:55am | Report
ICEN: on the other side I am not sure if you ever played Vulcan and know how its works :-) Because things which you are writing are nonsense :-)

this is complete nonsense:
I bet you that I can play vulcan 5 matches in a row, get kills, take towers, and NOT DIE THE ENTIRE GAME.

Want to know why? because I can camp 40 feet back while my turrets do their own AUTOMATIC WORK.

turrets are pretty squishy especially if you are not close to them. You can destroy them from range and they will not catch you at all.... you can attack from side and they will not shot at you etc ...

With a Vulcan you need ... especially with (FULL DPS mode) max cooldown reduction and you should recast them practically on cooldown. If you want to be good they needs to be still in action, there must be NO DOWNTIME. So you will very probably cast skills much much more than anubis for example...

If you are not over 100K player and creep damage together in arena for example than its a BAAAD game ...

I very often see Vulcans who just drop their turrets in the middle of room and just killing creap if its get there but this is completely wrong. You must play very very very actively and you must still replace your turrets where they will cause the most havoc, slow targets, when they attack your team you should place quickly turrets on great spots activate ultimate .... allow your creap to go in etc ...

especially in arena its very noob god (because he can be pretty safe) but if you want to get maximum you must get into the range and drop the turrets near to enemy gods so you will take the most from them ...

In a solo lane its sometime easy and sometime hard, because your biggest advantage (until now) was that you lack any realy hard CC and ability to spike target quickly:-) so it wasnt any easy mode like carries or freya etc...

If I will try to tell which gods are hardest and easiest it will look like this especially in arena....
Carry are the easiest one (hit the things is easy and it can destroy 3 people in row if you will flank them when they not expect that)

Tanks are behind (but if you want to play them well you must effectively use your CC and your team needs to know that they should attack because everyone is focusing you. This is better to be played with team on TS, MUMBLE etc...)

Mages (they are great but they dont have the possibility to shot 2 shots in one sec for 600, they need to think what they will do and attack then .... I am not counting freya which is for example carry too and some other mages) Anubis is nice example...

Assassins are hardest if I will not count Mercury which is pretty easy to play. (most of the assasins needs to wait and even if they do a kill they have a hard time to get back)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 20, 2013 2:03am | Report
Oh my GOD!

I...I can't believe it. This is ICEN vs ICEN! It's the Apocalypse! They must never be allowed to breed!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 20, 2013 2:43am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Oh my GOD!

I...I can't believe it. This is ICEN vs ICEN! It's the Apocalypse! They must never be allowed to breed!

And if they do...

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 20, 2013 2:50am | Report
...I just realized that ICEN already broke his so-called "goody two-shoes" challenge.

I'm not even mad, just...disappointed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }