Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ullr/Patch thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ullr/Patch thoughts 42 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 19, 2014 4:28am | Report
So, for those who have already tried the patch.

What do you think of Ullr? And maybe the other stuff as well.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » March 19, 2014 4:57am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

So, for those who have already tried the patch.

What do you think of Ullr? And maybe the other stuff as well.

Strong but not OP and i really like the new wukong skin
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » March 19, 2014 6:16am | Report
arka222 wrote:

I am not excited with Ullr, its early days still..he looks like artemis reworked and really don't like the switch stance bcz we have Tyr and Hel already. He will obviously be nerfed in the next patch. I played after 10 days and game lagging a lot, never happened before. Had to wait for few days again.

Saying you don't like the switch stance because we have two gods with it already is like saying you don't like leaps because other previous gods have them.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 19, 2014 6:44am | Report
So, I just played two matches...

Domination has a strong red nuance, for some reason or another.

The game runs great, it feels good to play Smite again with normal, above 30 fps. It still drops bellow 30 sometimes but overall it runs better.Way better.

The recommended items shop looks great, I'd like to have it the same way for favourites. Defense items (BoV, voidstone) damage items and 3 active slots.

Ullr (still having a hard time pronouncing this) is so FUN to play. And it's not: "yeah, ofc he is, he's a new god!". I got bored with Scylla after what, 3 matches?
Not as mana hungry as expected, Anhur's waveclear, great mobility and chase potential. As a main mage player, I spent 90% of the time in ranged stance, going into melee for the stun and escape only.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 10:32am | Report
So are people building him ADC, Bruisery, or a mix of the two? And which is his main stance, Bow or Axe, according to people?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 10:50am | Report
I have mixed thoughts about this guy.

Isn't it odd how Ullr seems to be a mash-up of every hunter? His one is like Spirit Arrow's waveclear and Impale's single-target stun, his steroids are like Xbal's Branching Bola and Art's Vengeful Assault's speed, his three is like Suppress The Insolent and Disperse. He's like ADC Voltron, defender of the universe, against the evil alien Ah Muzen Cab.

His stun needs to be reduced a bit. Even if its single-target, why would he get a stun that beats pretty much everyone's outside of Ymir? The waveclear ability is also a bit longer than Spirit Arrow/ Impale, but I have no problems with it.

His steroid are fine. I like how switching stances cancels out your activated buff.

His leap is just a generic leap, but his poke feels a bit too strong for me. It's range and power beat Suppress The Insolent, which is the only ADC poke still that I can compare it to. Both have about the same delay, which means it's actually pretty easy to hit with, despite the 10-foot radius.

Honestly, I don't think he's overpowered (except for the stun). He's strong, but a lot like Ah Muzen Cab.

If they aren't going to nerf him, this will set a new standard for hunters. Let's face it, Muzen and Ullr are both taller than the competition. They need to buff the other hunters, because if this trend goes on, Artemis will become obsolete (Seriously, he's like Artemis 2.0).

And if Artemis becomes obsolete, they might rework her.

And if they rework her, they might change her appearance.

And...and...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 10:52am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

So are people building him ADC, Bruisery, or a mix of the two? And which is his main stance, Bow or Axe, according to people?

Uh, a lot of people are using autobuy. I'm afraid that any build choices are impossible to figure out at this point.

I built him like a typical ADC, and it worked alright. But I rarely used the Axe mode except when dealing with other melee gods. I have a feeling like a typical ADC build won't unlock his full potential.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 19, 2014 12:27pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
nd if Artemis becomes obsolete, they might rework her.

And if they rework her, they might change her appearance.

And...and...

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 12:32pm | Report
I basically build him like a mash up of an assassin (which his warrior style suits) and adc, with maybe a jotunn's worked in.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 19, 2014 1:29pm | Report
My game runs WAY worse... Dunno why though, I always had all settings on low but particles on max, and I could run at 30-40 constantly. Now it drops to 25 constantsly which is very annoying.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }