Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tier list of the People

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tier list of the People 54 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Misbelief » September 29, 2013 5:26pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

You put Xbalanque, Anubis, and Vamana below Bastet? Intersting. Also interesting is Ymir as possibly in low tier, considering his ridiculous ability to be a support tank.

But in general, not bad...pretty much in agreement otherwise.

I think Bastet is incredibly under rated. Now that her ult traps people in and the way her jump works gives her great survivability and harass if used in the right way. She's decent, with another buff or two, she'll be good for sure.

I can see why where I put Ymir would be controversial, I do think his stun and wall are annoying and useful, but his ult is incredibly easy to dodge, you need serious coordination if you even hope to get it off on competent players. He also has really low mobility, which alot of the tanks I put higher infact have, along with their other great support abilites.

Xbalanque has alot of problems imo. His only get away is his hardest hitting ability, without using it for damage, you're not doing anything. If you do use it, you no longer have a get away. If someone stops you at the right time, your ability wont even shoot and it will still go on cooldown...which is just...horrible. His ult is great, but competent players always stop in time. I don't think xbalanque is horrible...just, he needs some fixes.

Misbelief

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 29, 2013 5:27pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Apollo and Athena are in medium tier, if I see correctly. I believe there are all 42 gods.
EDIT: Athena is in medium, Apollo is in High

You're right. I f**ked up. My bad.

It's still a good tip, though.
Back to tier-listing! (I'll add my own as soon as I have enough time)

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 29, 2013 5:46pm | Report
Ok, my tier list for CONQUEST. This means Zeus can end up bad, for example, due to no waveclear, even if he is in himself an amazing god. I'm assuming normal types of laning (in that Fenrir is Jungle, not in a kill lane, etc etc), and I'm accounting for all stages of the game. I am 100% willing to explain why gods are in what position they are. Additionally, I will be assuming high ranked/competitive play, in that while Loki may wreckface on noobs, he is mediocre at best in competitive, as an example. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO

TITAN TIER
Agni
Apollo
Neith
Anhur
Poseidon
Chang'E
Thor
Ne Zha
Sobek
Athena

A TIER
Bacchus
Chronos
Freya
Guan Yu
He Bo
Hercules
Ra
Ymir
Zhong Kui

B TIER
Fenrir
Ao Kuang
Aphrodite
Hades
Loki
Isis
Hun Batz
Hel
Odin
Thanatos
Tyr
Xbalanque

C TIER
Anubis
Ares
Artemis
Bakasura
Cupid
Kali
Vamana
Vulcan
Zeus

D TIER (bordering on trash tier)
Bastet
Arachne

In general, I'll try to generalize.

Titan tier gods are either banned or picked 95% of the time, without much deviation, in high ranked play, especially tournements.

A tier is still exceptionally strong, they just don't fit with every comp (like Freya), and as such are still ridiculously good champions that have to fit in with a comp.

B tier is relatively good champions that just may not have their fit with every comp, and as such may fit well in teamfights, but can lose laning phase to Titan or A tier champions. In B tier and lower there may be a gimmick to beating champions that arises (such as Ares/Hades being ruined by Beads). So assume that for everything B and lower.

C tier gods have a hard time either laning, doing things outside of their ultimate, specifically in teamfights (Like Vulcan, Zeus, and Anubis). They are usually not picked in high rank play because there is a very strong weakness you can exploit against them. Anubis is 100% gankable; Zeus can't waveclear at all; Vulcan's turrets are easy to kill, are his only strength, and he has no CC; Bakasura has no CC and is kiteable; etc etc. These gods are beatable if your team pays attention.

D tier gods, or trash tier, only involve arachne and bastet, as they are literally almost never picked in high ranked play or tournements. Arachne is a horrific teamfighter (especially since the cripple has now been removed from her web) and is 100% ult reliant. Since said ult only hits 1 target, that means she *MIGHT* hit a single target and kill it, and then is useless past that part in the teamfight. If she hits a tank she has been rendered useless. Bastet, while having nice base stats, has 0 cc outside a mediocre slow, has the 3rd skinniest line skillshot in the game (behind Arachne ult and Ne Zha sash), can be bursted down before she can even pounce back, has an underwhelming ult (even if they surround a target), and has the most useless passive in the game. Until she gets a rework, she will never been seen competitively, especially with relatively low chase potential on an assassin.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 29, 2013 6:08pm | Report
Great job, Raven. +rep to you.

I hate to see Bastet so low, though. Her being my favorite god, I can't help but argue at your reasons - please forgive me.

1.)"Mediocre Slow". I would say that 30% is a decent slow, saying also that her cats give a slow each time THEY attack, though that one IS a bit lackluster. Also, it's usually enough to get those last few hits in - Bastet excels at massive burst damage.

2.)"Underwhelming ult". Putting it nicely if you're talking about late game, but early-mid game, it pwns. Seriously - I have gotten many a kill by dropping my cats when the opponent is at 25% health and going back to jungling. Do not mistake the early-game.

3.) "Low chase potential". A 30% slow and a jump. Not as much as Fenrir, but still decent enough to get a kill... usually.

However, I agree that it's hard to hit her 2, she's bursted down easily, and her passive is complete ****.

Again, forgive me for my ranting. Make no notice, keep calm, and carry on [making more tier lists!].

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 29, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Unsure Tier (gods that I am not confident in giving a tier yet because of nerfs/other things)
Ne Zha - Not sure if he is just as good with a weaker ring toss or how this effects him
Chronos - Can be played like hes S tier sometimes, but has no damaging ult or no real aoe for team fights like other gods have.
Hel - Shes still messed up shes in her own tier
Bakasura - he is being adjusted and I herd he will be adjusted again, hes much better though
Guan Yu - not sure if I want him in A or B I just threw him into B because of his short range

S Tier (Best of their role)
Agni - has a long dash/clear/escape/tons of combos, free long poke, can combo from afar
Anhur - has an escape/knockup combo, impale stun into ult = dead/ranged, jumps over things
Hercules - almost invincible, regen, insane damage, pull + stun, AOE ult + combos.
Neith - global Ult, easy escape back flip, can ****ing heal herslef from afar stuns/roots
Apollo - Global ult, memorize, dash escape or initiation, slippery bastard hard to kill.
Sobek - Quick fling/escape, heal, annoying whip, mana regen ult/ high damage ult. hard to kill
Poseidon - fast, aoe cripple, good ult for team fights, wave clears, team fight presence
Thor - long range telaport, long stun/obstacle, long range ult, high damage

A Tier (very good but may not be favored above S)
Ao Kuang - insane wave clear, long range, high damage ult, huge slow, team fight presence
Hebo - Insane burst damage at close range, long range poke, decent escape/slow close
Fenrir - quick jump escape, high damage, lifesteal, great ult. Can be countered when seen
Zhong Kui - defensive passive, amazing heal/wave clear/slow/stun/ team fight ult.
Zeus - alright wave clear, stun/high damage, chain lighting in team fights, protections/speedbuff/applies charges to targets attacking him.
Odin - high damage, tanky, great team fight ult, escape, team buff skill
ymir - amazing stun, slow combo off of stun, super high damaging ult, walls for team fights
Hun Batz - great ult, escape/slow, telaport, high damage crits, great wave clear
Athena - Dash/escape/initiation, global ult, annoying taunt, decent damage for a tank
Tyr - heal, high damage, decent ranged ult, 2 escape dashes, hard to chase down and finish

B Tier (gods that don't have as much going on but can still be just as good)
Loki - no team fight, needs to sneak up to kill people or hide, high damage, alright clear
Isis - alright team ult, long range stun, good wave clear, can't finish targets as easy
Ra - Heal, wave clear, slow, no real escape, decent ult, harder time finishing off gods
Anubis - Insane damage, lacks escapes, has a stun though, 1 and ult roots him to the ground
Bacchus - mana hungry, needs to drink, good ult, great initiation, stun after a few seconds
freya - no real escape, high damage, can take targets out of a fight, good ult nothing great
xblalanque - major AOE for a ranged hunter, global ult no damage, dash that is CC immune
Thanatos - high damage, lacks escapes, steal kill ult, high damage is all thanatos brings
Guan Yu - Good damage, heal/sustain for his team, has no escape, team fight ult, short range

C Tier (gods that get shut down easier or just ain't a major threat over others)
Ares - cripple, high damage with chains, protections, but ULT CAN BE COUNTERED WITH EASE.
hades - heal, can be killed during his ult, ult countered, alright damage, clear, fear.
cupid - heal, escape dash, team ult, compared to other ranged hunters hes not as good.
aphrodite - team sustain, heal, no escape, no damage ult, no real team fight only sustain
Change - team sustain, decent wave clear, only one damaging move other than her ult.
Vamana - good damage, escape dash, no team fight ult, its just decent nothing too good.

D Tier (gods that don't do as well overall or may be lacking in a certain area)
arachne - little team fight presence
Bastet - HOG her cats, easy to counter her ult, passive is still garbage
kali - little team fight, meh ult, good wave clear, thats about it with her.
Vulcan - turrets get destroyed easy late game, hard to finish off kills or chase down gods
artemis - traps that root, decent team fight ult but too slow, small AOE, lacks in someways

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 29, 2013 6:32pm | Report
Ne Zha and Chronos should both be B tier. Chronos' biggest weakness is that his Ult is so situational. Ne Zha is still quite nice at jungling, unfortunately she's not top tier jungler due to the nerf.

Cupid should be moved up to B due to the change to his Ult. That cripple is such a pain.

Hun Batz should probably be lowered to B due to his passive change. Makes early game jungling a big pain.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 29, 2013 6:33pm | Report
Nice to see ICEN doing something other than raging for once.

My gods, I am going to pay for that comment... :P

(please dont hurt me ICEN)

All jokes aside, very good tier list. I would add BB coding, but I think the small explanation for your ideas beside each god makes up for that. [VVGN] and +rep.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 29, 2013 6:37pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Ne Zha and Chronos should both be B tier. Chronos' biggest weakness is that his Ult is so situational. Ne Zha is still quite nice at jungling, unfortunately she's not top tier jungler due to the nerf.

Cupid should be moved up to B due to the change to his Ult. That cripple is such a pain.

Hun Batz should probably be lowered to B due to his passive change. Makes early game jungling a big pain.

Watch how you word what you say. It's perfectly OK to put your opinions out, but the way you worded it, it sounded like you were telling him what he did wrong. He's entitled to his own opinions - if you really did mean just some constructive criticism, I apologize and remind you to watch how you word things from now on. Trust me, everyone does it at some point...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 29, 2013 6:40pm | Report
Ah, fair enough. But a 2 second slow, and a slow as hell leap (like legit the slowest leap in game besides MAYBE odin's jump), is horrible chasing potential. And her ult can be good early game, but the cats are really really easy to kill early game. She just has a very iffy place in teamfights, and as a gank. I find a cat going a half mile an hour through the air towards me laughable, but I do see your point. *any* god in smite can do well, which is what I love about smite, but sadly she's just simply worse than them at what she does. I believe she is next to be reworked after Hel. Arachne is supposedly getting touch-ups but not reworks. I'm interested. Anyway, thanks for the rep! :D And I'm interested to see your tier list too!

GL everyone else who makes one, too!
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 29, 2013 6:50pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Nice to see ICEN doing something other than raging for once.

My gods, I am going to pay for that comment... :P

(please dont hurt me ICEN)

All jokes aside, very good tier list. I would add BB coding, but I think the small explanation for your ideas beside each god makes up for that. [VVGN] and +rep.
Hey you said bastet was your fav god right? I know some people don't catch on to do this, and I'm not sure if this still works with her new cats buffed up a bit, but what I would tell my team to do is buy HAND OF THE GODS in order to kill her cats.

I'm not sure if it still kills the cats just as easy or not but if you get your team to buy Hand of the gods it sucks because they will all kill your cats with the active item. I'm not sure if anyone does this to you when you play bastet but I'm just letting letting you know thats another reason people have her lower tier because you can kill her cats with Hand of the gods.
Shes great though if your playing jungle, get fed or they don't have HOG.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }