Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Problem with Chang'e

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The Problem with Chang'e 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 24, 2013 12:05pm | Report
I miss the low cooldown on her Moonlit Waltz. I would build her with pure utility items (CDR and passive effects) and just really piss off the enemy team while body-blocking for my team and being immune. They repeatedly nerfed her primary skills when her problem is the ultimate. I say revert her to release and cap her make her ultimate stun its first two targets for one second and any target afterwards for two seconds.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 24, 2013 12:31pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

I was watching a stream where Hi-Rez was saying things like
"next patch is in about 10 days"
and another thing I seen was Hi-Rez said "Change Nerf coming"

I don't know if they were trolling through in the stream

I heard about that. I'm honestly curious about what HiRez thinks she really needs nerfed still.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » November 24, 2013 9:31pm | Report
Romanians wrote:

They we're not trolling .Some guy posted on Reddit some spoilers from some developer named Erez . According to those spoilers , Chang'e will get ANOTHER nerf (damn you hi-rez) and the patch will be delayed until next week .Aphro will get buffed and Kali will get a rework .

Also , Smite's release date will be finally announced .

Lol, developer, he is the CEO XD

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 24, 2013 9:35pm | Report

I miss the low cooldown on her Moonlit Waltz. I would build her with pure utility items (CDR and passive effects) and just really piss off the enemy team while body-blocking for my team and being immune. They repeatedly nerfed her primary skills when her problem is the ultimate. I say revert her to release and cap her make her ultimate stun its first two targets for one second and any target afterwards for two seconds.

I'm honestly not sure why her Moonlit Waltz was such a huge problem. I thought it was crazy OP, until I realized it was like a weirdly stronger leap for a mage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phat_Cat » December 3, 2013 7:59am | Report
Thank goodness for that. Fighting a Chang'e is one of the most frustrating experiences me and my team have. Maybe there is a secret to beating her that I don't know...I won't pretend to be pro. I just watch her go invulnerable when she gets caught out, heals a third of her entire team's hp (aphrodite is single target heal) and can deal a huge amount of damage with an insane stun. I've played her once and I found her too easy it wasn't fun. You can't die and if you make mistakes you just go invulnerable and speed away. Nerf away

Phat_Cat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 3, 2013 8:41am | Report
@Phat, basically don't blow stuff that she can waltz out of. Either wait for her to waltz, or use simply heavy damage on her through regular abilities (A mercury's Special Delivery merits a guaranteed waltz), then blow stuff on her once she waltzes.

She's in a good place now. Used to be so broken, but her heal is heavily tuned down, huge CD and less duration on invulnerability, and less damage on both crescent moon and her ult.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 4, 2013 2:19pm | Report
Well, they're taking a nice swing with the nerf bat to her this coming patch.

Patch notes 2013-12-02

Chang’e

General:
Fixed the rabbit getting stuck near the Phoenix in Joust.
Fixed an issue in which some of her Recommended Items were not properly referencing the highest ranks whereas Sprint and Meditation were incorrectly using the highest ranks.
No longer gains magical protection with each level, to be consistent with other mages

Moonlit Waltz:
Reduced the invulnerability duration and fire time by 0.2s on the tail end

Moonflower Dance:
Reduced damage and healing from 50/80/110/140/170 to 50/75/100/125/150
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phat_Cat » December 5, 2013 7:19am | Report
Thanks Raventhor, I'm curious to see how that patch changes things though. She might just fall out of favour.

Phat_Cat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 5, 2013 3:31pm | Report
I've followed HiRez's balancing history of Chang'e and have fixed her:

First Draft

Final Draft

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 5, 2013 3:46pm | Report
Looks about right to me.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }