Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The meaning of "Rank X"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The meaning of "Rank X" 20 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Rank I means...
Git gud fgt
Means nothing to me. He can do his job.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 8, 2014 8:28am | Report
rank only tells that they are experienced (and how much) they are on a god.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » September 8, 2014 9:04am | Report
I once played against a Zeus that was rank 10 with 1100 wins and a monstrous amount of kills and ***its and he was partied with his buddy who had similar but slightly lower stats. Funny thing is I stomped them. I ran a tanky Chaac and just kept silencing zeus and smacking him around a bit till my team insta gibbed his ***. He was pretty good but still for them to have more wins on a god than I had total at the time it was pretty stupid.

I guess they could only play zeus or something but still I thought that was a stupidly large amount of wins. I wonder how many losses they had combined with that.

Anyway like others have said rank X simply means they understand the god rather well. They don't necessarily have much actual skill. They also may not understand how to effectively combat some of the oppositions gods or they might not know meta associated with the game mode they are in.

I am pretty sure that my rank X is my best god. My kills are miniscule as to what people generally have at the amount of matches I have him but it is Ymir who I tank with (and I have a lot of assists for my amount of matches). Also my w/l may not be quite as good as with some of my other gods but most of my gods don't even have close to as many matches played as him.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » September 8, 2014 9:46am | Report
Only thing it shows to me is that they have experience.

BUT if the character has a monstrous win/kill ratio I'm careful the first minute of the game. Either he is REALLY good or he is the biggest pile of garbage. Why? Easy:

One side is clear, he wins most of his games and has like 250 kills per 10 matches on his screen.

But then again I met a guy who ONLY plays (and instalocks) Thanatos at ML X. He has amazing 4k kills on 200 wins. But he was the most garbage Thana I EVER saw, always running in solo vs 3+ and died insta or missed like every second Ult COMPLETLEY (like one Ullr-jump away).

TL;DR: Ranks says nothing than "I have much played".
Win/Kill ratio says not really much.

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » September 8, 2014 9:57am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Rank X doesn't mean skill, but it does mean experience. While their mechanical skills may be sub-par, their knowledge of the champion is usually very high. Equate this to a coach vs a player: the coach may not be able to pull off the plays anymore, but his continued experience in one single field yields knowledge of the game.

Thus, yes, many rank 10's can absolutely suck. They can feed out their ***. But at the very core, they DO know their god and they DO know what to build. Notice the Neith: her build is actually very decent! She just doesn't have aiming down, or general game mechanics down. What she does have, is knowledge of neith down.

So don't be scared of rank 10's. You CAN outplay them. But don't think they don't know HOW to play. You're not going to get cheese plays off on a rank 10 because they do know what their god does. What you can do, is weave, is bait, is straight up 1v1 them. That's up to you.

That's my two cents :)

I once played with a rank 10 neith in 3v3. We did win, but she built Asi, Med, Fatalis, Boots, Execute, Deathbringer and Hydras in that order. Amazing build, wow.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 8, 2014 11:56am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Rank X doesn't mean skill, but it does mean experience. While their mechanical skills may be sub-par, their knowledge of the champion is usually very high. Equate this to a coach vs a player: the coach may not be able to pull off the plays anymore, but his continued experience in one single field yields knowledge of the game.

Thus, yes, many rank 10's can absolutely suck. They can feed out their ***. But at the very core, they DO know their god and they DO know what to build. Notice the Neith: her build is actually very decent! She just doesn't have aiming down, or general game mechanics down. What she does have, is knowledge of neith down.

So don't be scared of rank 10's. You CAN outplay them. But don't think they don't know HOW to play. You're not going to get cheese plays off on a rank 10 because they do know what their god does. What you can do, is weave, is bait, is straight up 1v1 them. That's up to you.

That's my two cents :)

Omg you said this so damn well.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 8, 2014 12:59pm | Report
I see a lot of rank 10's build meditation in Conquest, Arena, and Joust 3v3's so... Doesn't mean ****.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by gaby90000 » September 8, 2014 2:57pm | Report
Git gud fgt. :D I have rank X Mercury and I'm doing pretty fine. I'm not saying that because you have Rank X you play better. It means nothing. It only intimidates the noobs
Be the best and **** the rest !

gaby90000

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 8, 2014 3:50pm | Report
gaby90000 wrote:

Git gud fgt.

m8 u lookin 2 fite me? ill rek u kid so git ready cuz ur goin the rite way for a smakt bottum

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » September 8, 2014 5:31pm | Report
I play a lot of arena with all my gods, so I have more assists than kills on a lot of them.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 9, 2014 11:12am | Report
All that matters is general game knowledge, a lot of ppl with rank 10s do not know how to play the game :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }