Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The meaning of god mastery

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The meaning of god mastery 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Archalia » May 27, 2014 3:02am | Report
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what was the true purpose of god mastery levels.

I know that level 1 unlocks the gold skin but, being level 9 or 2, what is the difference ?

It may gives information about your knowledge of this particular god to others in your team, but it is still very few in my opinion.

Did I miss something ?

Archalia

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 27, 2014 3:49am | Report
Bragging rights.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » May 27, 2014 6:15am | Report

Bragging rights.

That's about it. Close this thread already.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 27, 2014 8:29am | Report
Achievements to get profile icons too.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 28, 2014 2:14am | Report
Looks cool in the loading screen, and you can display your stats in the loading screen as well. I don't try to level gods to get rewards, I do it so I'm better at them, and so I understand how to counter them.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Apeacefuldeer » May 28, 2014 7:29am | Report
Really it means nothing. However I have noticed a few toxic members of the community who will actively REFUSE to play with anyone with what they deem to be a "too low" mastery. The only thing it demonstrates is your ability to play a game for extended periods of time.

Apeacefuldeer

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2014 7:46am | Report

Really it means nothing. However I have noticed a few toxic members of the community who will actively REFUSE to play with anyone with what they deem to be a "too low" mastery. The only thing it demonstrates is your ability to play a game for extended periods of time.

That means there going to afk most of the match

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » May 29, 2014 12:33am | Report
It's also to show others you know how to play that God, but then again just because you have played Thor a million times doesn't mean your good anyway.

it's mostly for bragging rights and to see where you are at play-time with each individual God in the game so you can have a better idea of your progress with each God/role
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » May 29, 2014 9:10am | Report

Yeah, I'd agree. Your performance comes from how you play a god, not the numbers associated with a card. But, if you're like me and want bragging rights, then gold skins can look amazing. They just don't predict the future.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Heartwire » May 29, 2014 1:02pm | Report
I just wanted Legendary on Ne Zha cause I like the way the Legendary skin looks on her.
I wish I could hide my stats along with it, but that's sadly impossible since you have to buy the gold skin in order to get legendary.

Love Ne Zha, but since I only play Arena, It's so easy to rack up deaths.
Can be my own fault, but it does happen quite often where I miss my ultimate due to either my target deing by a team member, or them getting knocked away, making me miss my ulti and dash right passed them, making me pretty much a sitting duck.

and there are times I simply get my *** handed to me.

The status/skin doesn't mean anything other than that you put time in it.
A lot of your kills/assists/wins is dependand on how well your entire team does.
As Ne Zha for example, if no one bothers to cover my *** for my ulti landing, I'm dead a lot of times.

Heartwire

Established (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }