Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The exclusion of deities from Catholic/Hebrew/Christian mythology

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The exclusion of deities from Catholic/Hebrew/Christian mythology 40 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 5:11pm | Report
Strikerjacob wrote:

Judaism? I'm Jewish and the only thing immortal other than god is angels and they are barely spoken of...

Not sure if you have explored any other modern religions, but the Quran has some great stories on the angels. The descriptions are just beautiful and I'm not religious.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 6, 2014 6:11pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Not sure if you have explored any other modern religions, but the Quran has some great stories on the angels. The descriptions are just beautiful and I'm not religious.

That actually sounds pretty interesting, do you have any quotes in particular that struck you? I've never fully read a religious book, but I can always appreciate a good text.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 6, 2014 6:28pm | Report
I think chiulin is refering to islam religion bcz Quran is their holy bible. There are two aspects to islam that make it hard to portray in a game.

1. They dont believe in idol worship or any faces for gods. They have prophets as gods with no particular visual identification to them.
2. In current world scenerio it shall become too controversial if islam is made part of any game,etc. There are few fanatics around that might nuke hirez studios to dust.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 6:29pm | Report
Nogglez wrote:

That actually sounds pretty interesting, do you have any quotes in particular that struck you? I've never fully read a religious book, but I can always appreciate a good text.

I don't. I read it a few years back on my Kindle. In an attempt to better understand other cultures and be more understanding and excepting of their cultures. When I read the Quran. I was originally just skimming. Then I found a story on the Archangel Gabriel. It was a pretty good section describing his appearance. I don't know the exact quote, but it described how he had 600 wings of gold. It was an extremely detailed description. Absolutely enjoyed it.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 6:46pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

I think chiulin is refering to islam religion bcz Quran is their holy bible. There are two aspects to islam that make it hard to portray in a game.

1. They dont believe in idol worship or any faces for gods. They have prophets as gods with no particular visual identification to them.
2. In current world scenerio it shall become too controversial if islam is made part of any game,etc. There are few fanatics around that might nuke hirez studios to dust.

I was referring to the stories in the Quran. The prophets aren't gods. It actually repetitively states that the only god is "allah"(arabic for god). That's muhammad and all other prophets are just giving Allah's word to man. Now I totally agree that adding any islamic based immortal would be a bad idea. However, most of the angels(the only other immortals) are portrayed in both the new and old testament.

Edit: I was just assuming everyone knew that the Quran is the Islamic holy text. Sorry if you didn't know that. :/

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 6, 2014 6:59pm | Report
I don't want angels in smite because they would ruin them. They would ruin them design wise cause I know they would go the cheap route and make them humans with wings.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 6, 2014 7:01pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

I was referring to the stories in the Quran. The prophets aren't gods. It actually repetitively states that the only god is "allah"(arabic for god). That's muhammad and all other prophets are just giving Allah's word to man. Now I totally agree that adding any islamic based immortal would be a bad idea. However, most of the angels(the only other immortals) are portrayed in both the new and old testament.

Edit: I was just assuming everyone knew that the Quran is the Islamic holy text. Sorry if you didn't know that. :/

Actually, I would like hi-rez to add Islamic pantheon but that would be the hardest thing to pull off. I have always lived amongst Islamic communities and know a lot about them.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 7:05pm | Report
MaysJedi wrote:

I don't want angels in smite because they would ruin them. They would ruin them design wise cause I know they would go the cheap route and make them humans with wings.

You do realize that they are almost always portrayed as humans. When they aren't. They are portrayed as humans with wings. >.>

...then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
—Quran, sura 19 (Maryam), ayat 17

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 7, 2014 9:15pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Yeah but I'm talking about Judaism, and I haven't learned much about Islam but I know quite a bid about Judaism and Christianity.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dasBurges » March 10, 2014 10:55pm | Report
Angels don't have to be boring. Seraphim had six wings! Others had 4 faces, only one of them a man's! The archangels, typically what is familiar to us in name and appearance, only made up the lower ring of angels.
Back on topic, I'd love for some inclusion of a christian or jewish pantheon (I wouldn't mind a muslim one either, but the politics of the day make that much more difficult). They would have to include less than deities (they'd probably have to use mythical characters from those religions) but I'm ok with that. They already did it with Herc. And I just I can't wait to play support Job.

dasBurges

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }