Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The exclusion of deities from Catholic/Hebrew/Christian mythology

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The exclusion of deities from Catholic/Hebrew/Christian mythology 40 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 4, 2014 3:44am | Report
ICEN wrote:

First of all Jesus would be Op as hell bringing people back from the dead and if you kill him.... he simply brings himself back....

Jesus OP

compared to most gods... he is not OP.

as far as resurrection goes, the egyptions do it all the time just ask ra.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 4, 2014 6:16am | Report
Jesus's ultimate: Targets a enemy god and brings ALL their skill level back to 1.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 4, 2014 6:28am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Jesus's ultimate: Targets a enemy god and brings ALL their skill level back to 1.

Passive: Jesus transforms into a cross, that if not destroyed, will revive Jesus with 30% HP. Only occurs every 125 Seconds. Additionally, Jesus gives increased HP5 and MP5 for nearby allies.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 4, 2014 6:51am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Passive: Jesus transforms into a cross, that if not destroyed, will revive Jesus with 30% HP. Only occurs every 125 Seconds. Additionally, Jesus gives increased HP5 and MP5 for nearby allies.

I say 100% Hp with few seconds of invulnerability while attacking from the air. Just to make the lore accurate.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by paverteal » January 4, 2014 3:13pm | Report
African Pantheon, Japanese Pantheon, and Native American Pantheon.

paverteal

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VikingMystic » February 25, 2014 9:27am | Report
The three great monotheistic religions wouldn't make for good source material primarily because they are monotheistic. Monotheism isn't simply a belief that there just happens to be only one god but rather that there can ONLY be one God. The idea is that God isn't simply a higher being, more than human but still limited in some way, but that He is the foundation of all being.

All forms of polytheism are predicated on the idea that even the gods have their limitations vast though their powers may seem. At the very least the limiting factor on any polytheistic god would be simply the existence of the other gods. Corporately they may control all things but any one of them wouldn't be all powerful. Even the very word Pantheon means a temple build to all the gods and come from the Greek work pantheios meaning pan- all theios- divines or gods.

Trying to fit the figures from a monotheistic religion in with polytheistic gods is a category error. In monotheism you are either the one and only God or you are not. Saints and old testament persons are just that people. Even if they has some miraculous power it was not their own but what they got from that One God. All the narratives are either about someone serving that One God or rebelling against Him. Pretty boring for game material.

Pantheistic gods on the other hand have powers in their own right and the potential to conflict with other gods. Which, Smite is nothing if not a game of conflicting gods.

The only thing I can see as even a possibility to draw from in this vein would be maybe some of the specific angels and demons from some of the mystic or gnostic offshoots from these religions rather than from the religions themselves. This only works because these sub-religions tend to view God as very distant and generally uninvolved in these lower layers of reality.

TL;DR Jesus is OP.

Aside from all that...
Babylonian Pantheon would be interesting.
Perhaps also some of the angels and demons from Zoroastrianism.

VikingMystic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 25, 2014 10:38am | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

Man after all this time, I still want Osiris.

This. This must happen immediately. Greatest god in history. Lets make this happen immediately. Screw Scylla. This is priority! xD

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » February 25, 2014 8:44pm | Report
I want Sleipnir as a playable god. And not some anthromorphic version, or some centaur-thing, I want to be able to play as an actual eight-legged horse.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » February 26, 2014 5:29am | Report
Flying spaghetti monster!!!

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 6, 2014 4:44pm | Report
Judaism? I'm Jewish and the only thing immortal other than god is angels and they are barely spoken of...

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }