Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So! Opinions on Bacchus?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » So! Opinions on Bacchus? 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 24, 2012 6:59am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

I for one thought it was really clever how Bastet respawns faster 9 times when she dies because a cat has nine lives.

I had something similar in mind for Bacchus called "Hangover". Being drunk gives him a hangover which causes longer respawn. Eh? Eh?

No one would play him lol

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 24, 2012 7:23am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

I for one thought it was really clever how Bastet respawns faster 9 times when she dies because a cat has nine lives.

I had something similar in mind for Bacchus called "Hangover". Being drunk gives him a hangover which causes longer respawn. Eh? Eh?

An interesting idea. This really doesn't fix how OP he is, though it would make it riskier for him to jump into the crowd.

I like the ideas on this thread so far, basically change his belch to silence if Tipsy - or only have the extra effect from his 2 OR 3 if he's smashed.

Either lower the duration of his ult or change the drunken effect as it makes it almost impossible to do anything for the entire 8 seconds when hit with it.

A change to his Drunk-O-Meter would help balance him also. Maybe Tipsy is 30-60%, Smashed is 60-95%, and 96-100% he passes out for 1 second and comes at 60% or something.

The main issue with his OPness is that in addition to all his defense, mobility, and cc is his capability to wrack up the Physical Power with Chug and, the resulting, obscene melee damage. It is possible that changing the cc of some of his abilities as discussed in this thread, and highlighted above, would be enough to balance him, but I am not convinced.

How much of a nerf do you really think he needs?

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 24, 2012 9:30am | Report
Well, his flat +45 physical damage buff for being smashed needs to be exchanged for some sort of scaling percentage rate or gradual build up (possibly starting at 10-20 physical power at level 1 and increasing by 1-2 per level). It's just WAAAY too powerful early game. Seriously, every game I play with Bacchus I get a kill within the first 5 levels because of that buff and his crazy CC. There really is no way to avoid it unless you back off and opt to not gain experience.

Speaking of CC! I think it should either be reduced or preferably altered in some way on all of his abilities.

I don't think he has to be crazily nerfed, his skills should just be reworked because right now he is fun, but he doesn't really add much new to the game other than the Drunk-o-meter and Intoxicate. This is sad because it's obvious that Bacchus could add SO much more to the game with a very original skill set. I mean people have so many good ideas for his abilities that are unique and plausible yet he just has the same slows and stuns other Gods have with a Drunk-o-meter twist.

Blah, that was kind of jumbled but I hope you guys get my point.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }