Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So! Opinions on Bacchus?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » So! Opinions on Bacchus? 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 23, 2012 7:49am | Report
Is he OP? UP? Just right?

He seems like an extremely powerful God to me, especially when specced for physical damage. At least I'm finding great success with him that way. His CCs are awesome and the physical damage buff from his Chug ability makes him hit like a truck without too many Attack Damage items. And don't forget his ultimate which does great immediate damage and does that weird/powerful Intoxicate CC for 8 seconds.

I'd say he is a bit too powerful, especially early game due to his Drunk-o-meter allowing him do about 80-100 dmg per basic attack at level one. I'd say they'll nerf that and lower the Intoxicate time of his ultimate by half.

Other than that he is surprisingly fun and I have to say I love his drunken taunt.

"You're not so tough... are ya tough guy?"

Opinions?

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 8:29am | Report
Yes to everything but the cut in half to his ult. That wont see the first round of nerfs I dont think but it will soon enough. It is a skill unlike any other in the game right now that takes any form of skill and throws it out the window and is just there to purely **** you.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 23, 2012 9:07am | Report
They might not half the time of his ult's CC, but I bet they'll do something to it. I'm unaware if Purification beads cleanse Intoxicate, but even if they do his ult seriously cluster ****s the other team's coordination rendering almost any group attack by them noneffective. I've been playing around with him and the more I use it the more powerful and tide changing it seems. In a 5v5 fight, unless your team is severely under-farmed or outlevelled, it pretty much guarantees at least 1-2 kills while nullifying their offense. Obviously that is crippling late-game. And like you said, Asmoday, it takes zero skill to execute for how powerful and game changing it is.

Also, I wouldn't doubt seeing his leap being nerfed sometime in the future, it just seems insanely fast to me. Almost teleport-like.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 9:19am | Report
Purification Beads are able to cleanse the effects of Intoxicate
And yea the Belly Flop is fast but i don't see it being nerfed in speed base.

I feel like it's no faster than Hades Death From Below and i wouldn't be surprised if one of the next Gods they release has an actual teleport need some Kassadin up in this Game lol

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 9:25am | Report
From point A to point B it is faster, its the animation but I don see it being changed.

Aegis and beads cleanse it but I dont see that really being a good counter to his ult like it was to say Ares' ult. You pretty much just deal with it for right now.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 9:34am | Report
Well from my point of view since its an instant cast, not like Ares No Escape. You can't really time Aegis Amulet appropriately to cancel out the damage.
So conclusion is the damage will hit you!
However using Purification Beads or Aegis Amulet to avoid being almost useless for 8 seconds is a strong counter.
Lets your group re-position and your Melee can still stay in range of a target without drifting into an AoE or anywhere besides that target.
Of course having a Hel on your team is always fun also.

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 23, 2012 9:42am | Report
Bacchus is unreal OP.

Think about it this way, Loki takes skill and is a very hard god to stay alive with and play well. He is deemed a trash god because most players don't have this skill and see him getting thrashed on regularly. On the other hand, Bacchus is so overpowered that in the hands of the less skilled he is seems fine and not too OP. If someone who is really skilled is playing him, he is an unstoppable force and can completely decimate most of an enemy team himself.

As for the details on this, I saw him stomping in a few games and decided to see what the rest of the community thinks. I found a post that not only echoed my thoughts on Bacchus, but gave some good suggestions as to how to fix the issues with him. I am not trying to steal this poster's thunder, but there is no point for me to try to rewrite or reword his argument since it is extremely well written:

Quoted:

Original Poster: TheShrike, posted 11/20/12 on the official boards, all rights reserved ^^

With the new patch came many great things, needed nerfs, needed buffs and then we got Bacchus..

I raged my share when I heard about Bacchus on how he is a joke god and I wanted to see Yen Lo Wang (I still do btw!) but after few cups of tea and nice relaxed thinking I tought: "Meh, it isn't the best but its not the worst either."

after the patch I went in and tried Bacchus as many others did. What I learned was a little shocker. Bacchus is nice when building him tanky, decent damage, nice cc and good survivablity, so I tought it would be fine.

Then I tired building him physical damage.. and oh boy.. The problem with Bacchus is that he gains too much power too easily. His passive can give him 40 physical power and 10% damage reduction even before you hit the lane. Just stay in base and chug away until your drunk-o-meter is full, then hit the lane.

This means that Bacchus can start with Tabi level 2 + 3 mana potions and gain the following damage: 20 (from boots) + 40 (from his passive) + 10 (from chug) = 70 physical power at level 1.

Even Thor can reach only 60 physical power if he is facing two enemy gods at the same time. And he doesn't gain 10% reduced damage. After few levels Bacchus reaches another huge boost when he unlocks his ultimate. At that point he will already have over 100 physical power and with ult he gains additional 35 at rank 1. That is 135 physical power at level 5. This is also bad as he has so much cc in his disposal, two slows, stun and jump. Nothing can escape him at that stage.

Now how to fix this problem?

I propose that Hirez changes his passive to have a downsides to these levels and that Bacchus can be played with three different builds debending on situation.
So here goes:

Bacchus, The God of Wine.

Passive: Drunk-O-Meter
Bacchus loves the drink and as Bacchus drinks from his jug, he becomes more intoxicated. He has three levels of intoxication and each changes him and his abilities.

1. Sober Bacchus is very defencive, protecting his wine with his life. In this stage Bacchus takes 10% less damage but also deals 10% less damage with all his abilites and attacks.

2. Tipsy Bacchus is very sosial and his power increases his CC abilites by giving his skills more control. He deals normal damage and takes normal damage.

3. Smashed Bacchus is a mean drunk, he angers very easily and loses control. In this stage Bacchus takes and deals 10% more damage with all his attacks and his crowd control abilites lose their charm.

Chug (Skill Key 1)

Bacchus takes a drink from his jug, filling his Drunk-O-Meter 16/18/20/22/24% and giving him a 10/15/20/25/30 physical power buff for 6s. Bacchus celebrates when he kills an enemy god, giving him 10% on his meter. In addition this ability has following extra effects debending on Bacchus Drunk-O-Meter state:

1. Sober: refreshed by his wine Bacchus gains 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5% of his max health every second for the next 10 seconds.
2. Typsy: Bacchus' basic attacks apply 10% slow to enemies for the next 10 seconds.
3. Smashed: Rage fuels Bacchus' veins and he gains 10% movement speed and additional 10% of his magical power in physical power for 10 seconds.

Cost: 50/80/110/140/170 mana.

Cooldown: 10 s.

Belly Flop (Skill Key 2)

Bacchus jumps into the air and, not so gracefully, comes slamming to the ground belly first dealing 90/130/170/210/250 magical damage. This skill gains additional bonus debending on Drunk-O-Meter level:
1. Sober: Belly flop bounces enemies into air
2. Typsy: Belly flop bounces enemies into air and applies 20% slow for the next 5 seconds.
3. Smashed: Belly flop does not bounce or slow enemies but deals additional 30% of Bacchus magical damage to enemies.

Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.

Cooldown: 16 s.

Belch of the Gods (Skill Key 3)

Bacchus lets out an obnoxiously loud belch, doing 20/35/50/65/80 magical damage every .5s for 2s and silencing all enemies hit by this ability for 2 seconds. This skill gains additional bonuses debending on Drunk-O-Meter state:
1. Sober: skill also increases Bacchus' physical and magical protection by 10/15/20/25/30 for the duration and the next 5 seconds after. This does not apply stun.
2. Typsy: Social Bacchus also applies a stun at the end of his belch to all enemies hit. Enemies are stunned for 1 second.
3. Smashed: Raging Bacchus belches louder than thunder strike dealing additional 20% of Bacchus' magical power in damage and reducing enemy protections by 10/15/20/25/30 for the duration and next 5 seconds. This does not apply stun.

Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.

Cooldown: 14 s.

Intoxicate (Skill Key 4 - Ultimate)

Bacchus smashes his jug of wine on the ground, intoxicating all nearby enemies, doing 250/325/400/475/550 magical damage and slowing them by 20% for 8s. This skill gains additional bonuses debending on Drunk-O-Meter state:
1. Sober: To not lose another bottle of wine, Bacchus gains additional 20% damage reduction to all damage and makes him immune to any form off CC
2. Typsy: Its a party and everyone is invited, wine flows to enemies veins slowing them for additional 20% for the duration. Bacchus is immune to any form of CC during his ult.
3. Smashed: Enraged by his broken wine Bacchus loses all control, increasing his damage by additional 20% and takes 10% more damage for the duration and gaining 45/55/65/75/85 physical power for the duration. Bacchus is NOT immune to cc for the duration.

Cost: 95 mana.

Cooldown: 90 s.

The resons for these changes are that now each state makes Bacchus work in different sitations.
Sober Bacchus is a full on tank, taking low damage and dealing low damage. He can also risk it by healing himself with Chug to gain healing, but if he takes it to tipsy he loses most of his damage protection.
Tipsy Bacchus is a cc tank, having more magical damage than Sober Bacchus and more cc, but he doesn't get healing from Chug and must baware of not drinking too much or too little to keep Bacchus tipsy.
Smashed Bacchus is a burst damage dealer, he sacrifices his tankiness to gain extra damage. He also doesn't have much form of CC. But if used correctly in right situations he can deal a lot of damage. It also comes with a risk.

Now Bacchus has clear roles on what he is supposed to do. The changes to Chug mean he has to manage his Drunk-O-Meter and not just fill it up and keep it up.

Let me know what you think. ^^

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 9:50am | Report
Quoted:

Well from my point of view since its an instant cast, not like Ares No Escape. You can't really time Aegis Amulet appropriately to cancel out the damage.
So conclusion is the damage will hit you!
However using Purification Beads or Aegis Amulet to avoid being almost useless for 8 seconds is a strong counter.
Lets your group re-position and your Melee can still stay in range of a target without drifting into an AoE or anywhere besides that target.
Of course having a Hel on your team is always fun also.

No you cant time it, just stating that it will cleanse the effect is all.

Having to have your entire team pop an ability at the same time, get back into position and then still win a fight is alot of moving parts and damn near impossible to do since while you are doing this, the other team is just focus firing your carries down in just a few quick hits. A team that can pull that off against another team (Not solo queue...solo queue doesnt count for a thing) would be an amazing team lol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 23, 2012 9:51am | Report
Aegis Amulet and Purification Beads are decent counters, you're both right.

He's a definite pub-stomper though, since most people in those games are either unaware of his kit or unafraid of it. It's odd that no one seems to fear his ulti in team fights like they feared Ares' when, from my experience, it is almost as effective.

Also, most people in pub games seem to opt for early Meditation/ Hand of the Gods and Sprint later on. I suppose Sprint could save you from the aftermath, but not nearly as effectively as the others.

On a slightly comical note, I just imagine Hel handing you a cup of coffee to cleanse Intoxicantion.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 10:07am | Report
It's creative but unrealistic.
The Passive:
Bacchus would immediately start every match dealing reduced melee damage (Very unlikely)
I Personally could see some kind of change similar to Rumble in LoL where if the meter gets to its Cap then Bacchus is so intoxicated he falls asleep stunning him for 1 or 2 secs and wakes up sober and the more drunk you are the more damage you do.
So players can become skilled in balancing his drunkenness to deal the damage but also being wary of getting to close to the cap.
And all his abilities would be scaled way down to begin with then progressively get stronger.
Unlike right now where everything has a base of reasonably strong damage and when he gets drunk he just gets stronger.

and a couple of other things are this person wants Bacchus focused mainly on building magic damage items however none of his abilities scale with Magic damage their are no (+ 30% of Magic damage) on his abilities.

I like what he did with giving the Belch a Silence i feel like that's more realistic but he shouldn't also have the stun on top of that.

Then the ultimate i feel like if hes completely drunk he should be immune to CC rather than when hes sober or tipsy he is. Because hes enraged, The ultimate he really didn't look at what he wrote carefully enough.

It's very creative, i feel like it would never happen. i get what he was trying to do but their wasn't enough clarity.

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }