Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So! Opinions on Bacchus?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » So! Opinions on Bacchus? 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 10:21am | Report
No you cant time it, just stating that it will cleanse the effect is all.

Having to have your entire team pop an ability at the same time, get back into position and then still win a fight is alot of moving parts and damn near impossible to do since while you are doing this, the other team is just focus firing your carries down in just a few quick hits. A team that can pull that off against another team (Not solo queue...solo queue doesnt count for a thing) would be an amazing team lol.
[/quote]

I get that Asmo, i agree Bacchus is a clear Pub killer however a smart Bacchus would save his ultimate for when he can guarantee getting 3+ of your team mainly focusing on carries.
So you're "Team fight" should be rather equal (I Play Odin) so i'd be spear deep in an Artemis or Ra at this point so that .5sec to hit F or G (If even that long) to get back into the fight won't be entirely costly.

I get everyone is trying to find a way to completely nullify Intoxicate like No Escape but it's unrealistic. If you could do that to everyone's ultimate you make them boring and useless.
Their is a lot of mobility in this game, good teams will be able to pop the Purification Beads and rebound to stay in a fight and possibly win.

And i hate when certain items are a "Must Buy" when versing a specific champion but sometimes it's just a part of the game.

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 10:31am | Report
What it comes down to would be, do you beads his ult or his burp? You beads his ult he kills those 2 seconds of immunity with a belly bump or auto attacks, and then burps you for the stun allowing his team easy kills. With Ares you beads, and then later aegis, his ult and he didnt have an answer to that afterards like Bacchus does right now. Its just the insane amount of CC he has. Im fine with him hitting so hard but every one of his skills is a CC and that is just going over the top.

The must buy items are really annoying, and that is partly why passives on abilites are stupid. Guan Yu for example had a downside, he had major mana issues. Meditation now makes Guan soooooo super strong because he ignores mana now. It has almost, and I mean almost, come down to the fact that if your mid doesnt have HoG and your mages in side lanes dont have meditation you lose the game. Throw in a bacchus and he just CCs you all day and smashes your face in for ~250 auto attacks late game and there isnt much you can do sadly.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 10:43am | Report
Agreed just like playing Devil's Advocate

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 10:49am | Report
Now that I posted that it got me thinking more on him and I went to double post but you saved me lol.

I think what will happen, eventually, is that his ult will get lowered in damage and time of intox. His burp will still stun but he will need to be smashed and his 1 will be lowered at how fast he gets drunk.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 10:51am | Report
Id like to see a silence over the Stun i feel like we have hardly any silences in his game
but the silence only works for as long as your in the cone of Burpatude lol

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 23, 2012 11:05am | Report
Quoted:

Id like to see a silence over the Stun i feel like we have hardly any silences in his game

I like the silence, but for being in it seems a bit long and there isnt really an easy way out of that. Tho maybe its the same length as Arachne's silence and Guan's.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 23, 2012 11:41am | Report
Quoted:

The silence idea is great in my opinion and somehow makes perfect sense to me since the burp is SO ****ING LOUD in game. If they did that they'd probably have to drop the length of the burp by 1-2 seconds and up the damage a little. It would make him a much more interesting God for sure.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 23, 2012 1:08pm | Report
SmellyHarry wrote:

The silence idea is great in my opinion and somehow makes perfect sense to me since the burp is SO ****ING LOUD in game. If they did that they'd probably have to drop the length of the burp by 1-2 seconds and up the damage a little. It would make him a much more interesting God for sure.

The Burp only lasts 2 seconds and yea 1v1 there is no easy way out of it but in a group the Bacchus will focus one person and the team would prob be able to escape from it just run through him!

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 23, 2012 1:26pm | Report
Quoted:

The Burp only lasts 2 seconds and yea 1v1 there is no easy way out of it but in a group the Bacchus will focus one person and the team would prob be able to escape from it just run through him!

That's my bad, for some reason I was thinking it lasted for 4 seconds. I really should have known it didn't since I've played my last three games with him, hah. Well then, scratch my previous suggestions since it is already the way I described it.

But yes, it would open up a far more interesting dynamic for him in team fights, making him like an anti-mage tank, since physical damagers would not be AS affected by it as their more magical counterparts.

Instead of a stun at the end they might add a slightly more damaging oomph to tie the attack to a close. Even though all of this is highly unlikely to come to pass, it's still interesting to discuss.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » November 24, 2012 5:53am | Report
I for one thought it was really clever how Bastet respawns faster 9 times when she dies because a cat has nine lives.

I had something similar in mind for Bacchus called "Hangover". Being drunk gives him a hangover which causes longer respawn. Eh? Eh?

treefiddy350

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }