Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Sexuality Does NOT belong in a Video Game (Equailty for all I thought?)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite Sexuality Does NOT belong in a Video Game (Equailty for all I thought?) 42 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » September 27, 2014 9:48am | Report
So when did gay pride become a country?

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » September 27, 2014 9:49am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Blame the guilt-tripping SJWs who make people feel like they gotta feel sorry for everyone that has ever been mistreated when most of them could really care less about your apologies.

All I got to say about this.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 27, 2014 10:40am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Blame the guilt-tripping SJWs who make people feel like they gotta feel sorry for everyone that has ever been mistreated when most of them could really care less about your apologies.

You are like, the ultimate lurker or something...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 27, 2014 12:36pm | Report
I honestly don't care about the flag in this game.

It's obviously a token gesture that imparts no significant meaning nor represents any sort of stance on HiRez's part. It's lip service, nothing more.

Besides, Smite doesn't give a **** about sexuality in any way, shape, or form. They just do whatever they can for PR and fanservice.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » September 27, 2014 1:14pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I honestly don't care about the flag in this game.

It's obviously a token gesture that imparts no significant meaning nor represents any sort of stance on HiRez's part. It's lip service, nothing more.

Besides, Smite doesn't give a **** about sexuality in any way, shape, or form. They just do whatever they can for PR and fanservice.

Wouldn't go that far.

If they were going for fan service only, they would change everything we (the players) wanted, and fast.

And they most certainly do not.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vladdrago » September 27, 2014 1:39pm | Report
The flag represents the LGBT community not just gsys. While commonly known as the "gay," pride flag its for all in the LGBT. But other than that this is definitely a marketing attempt by Hirez to seem more friendly to minority groups. While part of me says this is a completely stupid way of doing things another says at least they didnt make skins to represent us. Sincerely a self loathing smite addicted homosexual male

Vladdrago

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 27, 2014 1:56pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

The only thing I don't get is, why some people cannot understand that "******" is almost 90% used towards the game. If Thor kills my team mate and my team mate types "****** Thor", I assume he means thor is a little ***** who killed him not, thor is a damn **** I don't want him to have equal rights!!!

Lol, Its like people who call Janus a "***********er" when he one shots them with his ult. Now some people who **** moms might take it offensive and think they are talking about real ***********ers, but we all know most people just ment it as he was a ****er for killing him.

XD

Hi-Rez is Love , Hi-Rez is Life, now open dat wallet for dat icon XD

Honestly I actually like the word "******", it's fun to say. But I hate it when it's used in the context of insulting gay people purely for being gay. But if you call someone a ****** for.... Being a ******, then that's cool. Most times that I see the word it's being used synonymously with something like "*****".

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 27, 2014 2:01pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

This. Seriously, you don't have to apologize for being in the majority. The only people who should apologize are the ones bein homophobic.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 27, 2014 2:13pm | Report
People make so much money/and get so much support from just bringing up the topic which is why they even do it.

For example : If you watch lets say the news, sometimes I will see something like "Foot Ball player (Pesons Name) came out and said he was gay, he won ect amount of super bowls"...

Then it turns into a big story for 2 weeks about how this football player is the best thing ever all because he is not strait, I don't really get it. I mean if you say your gay that good but I don't get how that is suppose to give you 2 weeks on my Tv and I should praise you for playing Football because your gay?

Any time someone comes out to be gay they get like 2 weeks of spotlight on the TV and get praised as if they are magically a god in that sport...

If you are a company, all you have to do is say something like "We support gay rights" and to show it we will "All wear pink"... what it does is, trick gay people into thinking that company is all for them, which then brings more traffic to that company earning them more money.

I guess there can be a few legit people who actually support it just to support it.

To me though, the reason I say it all seems like its for fame/money/traffic is because there are other similar topics that nobody dares to support or go into, while not exactly the same are kind of similar.

For example : African Americans are not slaves anymore, BUT they still get treated differently, I watched 3 Videos this week of cops killing 3 black people for just "Being Black". I'm white, rarely does that happen to a white person.

The one video, a cop pulled over a black guy, the black guy gets out of his car, the cop ask him to get his ID, the guy goes back in his car for his ID like the officer said and the cop instantly shoots him and his excuse is he was going for a weapon? But its the cops fault he TOLD him go get your ID, and on top of this, if it was a white old lady the cop would have not shot her.

The other video, a black kid had a toy gun in walmart, someone lied and called 911 saying "A kid is pointing a gun at children , ect" making the cops think differently, the cops arrive and kill him on sight.

There are tons of videos where black people get killed simply for calling in they cannot get into their own car door... cops have literally arrived and killed the person who called for help thinking they are the bad guy... why because they are black I assume?

So thats why I don't believe in this entire, Hi-Rez and other companies are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts only, to me its mainly for more traffic, they will gain the votes of more gay people, I would assume alot of gay people would think more highly of Hi-Rez thus spend more money, follow them, ect.

Overall, it brings more traffic/money to Hi-Rez, if Hi-Rez and other companies where purely concerned about minorities being target, treated differently, where are they on all the other topics?

The reason why they choose the gay thing, is simply because its much much more of a hot topic right now in 2014, thus they are selecting this topic and going with it.

I obviously can't say anything much since I am not gay, I am just trying to pretend what I would think if I was gay, to me it seems more of a gimmicky trick to lure you into the game not some "We care about everyone rights" which is why they had to do it.

I would have liked it better if to me it seemed as though it wasn't about traffic/money, but being how its so random in the game the only conclusion is that it has to be because of that. Its literally so random thats the only thing I can come up with.

Red, Blue, Orange, Black, Yellow, White, Horse.....

Notice how horse has nothing to do with all those colors, I am basically saying sine Gay has nothing to do with Smite thats why it looks like its all about the money to me. Thats the only reason you would bring it up.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 27, 2014 2:18pm | Report
A lot of police are paid to be evil people.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }