Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite, my new LoveHate relationship...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite, my new LoveHate relationship... 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » August 25, 2014 12:27am | Report
Something about this game over the last couple of patches has gotten me pretty hooked. The game has changed soo much since beta lol.

I will however quit this game at any point it starts to become casual friendly.

As it stands right now, the game is a nice balance between the casualness of LoL, and the hardcoreness of the great game which was HoN.

The mixing of FPS & MOBA elements couldn't have been combined in a better fashion.

@Hirez Add more items, and redo the active abilities system.

@hirez I do not agree with the Nu Wa change. Old Nu wa was overpowered, but the new one is a very, extremely casual friendly god that does not take much skill, especially hitting clay soldiers for the AOE damage & stun, and the ultimate. You could have redone Nu Wa to make it more skill based. I hope this one time decision does not continue to happen in the future, affecting past, present and/or future gods.

Keep balance the way it is, it will keep the momentum and the esport aspect going. But you probably knew that.

TLDR: Smooth sailing hirez, ADD MORE ITEMS CHANGE THE ACTIVES SYTEM KTHNX

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » August 25, 2014 1:44am | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Keep balance the way it is, it will keep the momentum and the esport aspect going. But you probably knew that.

Let me be the first (and possibly only) person to tell you to get out. Smite needs less esport, not more.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 25, 2014 5:11am | Report
old wa wasn't that OP new wa is more OP if you ask me.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 25, 2014 5:38am | Report

Let me be the first (and possibly only) person to tell you to get out. Smite needs less esport, not more.

You're not alone, Reverend.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 25, 2014 6:49am | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Something about this game over the last couple of patches has gotten me pretty hooked. The game has changed soo much since beta lol.

I will however quit this game at any point it starts to become casual friendly.

As it stands right now, the game is a nice balance between the casualness of LoL, and the hardcoreness of the great game which was HoN.

The mixing of FPS & MOBA elements couldn't have been combined in a better fashion.

@Hirez Add more items, and redo the active abilities system.

@hirez I do not agree with the Nu Wa change. Old Nu wa was overpowered, but the new one is a very, extremely casual friendly god that does not take much skill, especially hitting clay soldiers for the AOE damage & stun, and the ultimate. You could have redone Nu Wa to make it more skill based. I hope this one time decision does not continue to happen in the future, affecting past, present and/or future gods.

TLDR: Smooth sailing hirez, ADD MORE ITEMS CHANGE THE ACTIVES SYTEM KTHNX
Relaize just because your the one person who doesn't like smite does not mean everyone else playing it does LOL, I don't like league of legends much, why? Because you can never dodge auto attacks which takes no skill, in smite you can dodge auto attacks and every auto attack is basically a skill shot.

But realize just because I say League of Legends sucks only means I am one person who says it sucks meanwhile everyone else thinks its a good game and plays it.

I am saying I don't really agree with anything your saying, only you feel that way and realize you are of the minority just as I would be in the minority if I said League of Legends sucks to people who play league of legends, at the end of the day your on a Smite forum.....

most of us are going to like the game.

Explain what it is about smite that is bad ATM and maybe I will agree.
Actives? What exactly is wrong about Actives that makes you want to quit?
Items? Every game can always add more items but what about the items as of now makes you want to quit?

Nu Wa? Okay she is ONE god out of the MANY gods that are in the game? So ONE god is going to make you quit the game? I am sure other games have characters that nobody likes either, doesn't mean they are going to quit the game over one character if there are many more.

Also Smite will never bee NOOB friendly, there can be easier or harder gods to play but to say the game will be NOOB friendly is kind of a over statement when everything in smite is a skill shot except for very few gods that are easier to play and even them take at least some skill.

In smite you have to AIM basic attacks, if you are Anhur and have 100% health and are facing a Neith with 1% Health, if you suck and miss every auto attack as Anhur Neith can come back and kill you based on SKILL, so how is it NOOB friendly when this is possible unlike League of Legends where you auto die if you get into a certain range?

Smite was never Noob friendly because of this, No Noob is going to go 20-0 in a room full of good smite players. If your a NOOB then you cannot aim skill shots, if your saying a NOOB CAN aim skill shots then that would make them NOT a NOOB.

Therefor its impossible for NOOBS in smite to wreck faces against good players in smite.
Do you think NOOBS can wreck the tournament players in Smite? I doubt it, actually I know they won't.

Like I said, almost everything is a skill shot in smite, basic attacks CAN miss.
Therefor if your a NOOB and can't strafe or aim well your going to get destroyed against someone else who dodges all of your auto attacks and lands all of theirs.

There is easy gods to play and harder gods to play.
That does not mean that smite is NOOB friendly, it only means that god is more NOOB friendly.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » August 25, 2014 7:59am | Report

I actually disagree on that. look at DotA - extremely competitive, yet very casual-friendly. Smite can stand for more Esports, especially if the biggest pot is Alienware's arena tourney.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 25, 2014 8:48am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Actives? What exactly is wrong about Actives that makes you want to quit?

this is the only thing they should alter because you need to buy them you will get behind if you are behind and because they cost money you will get even more behind. what results in snowballing. because the team ahead can afford them more then you can.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 25, 2014 10:02am | Report
Devampi wrote:

this is the only thing they should alter because you need to buy them you will get behind if you are behind and because they cost money you will get even more behind. what results in snowballing. because the team ahead can afford them more then you can.
Lol?

What, you guys really have that much of a problem with buying actives? So what would your solution be, cost less money?

That is the entire point of the game, farm, get money, buy things with the money. The more money you have the more powerful you become, the more people you kill the more advantage you get.

Other wise there is no point of playing the game, it would be team death match call of duty.

It does not take that long to buy a 300 item, hell I spend more money on wards then actives.
I probably have bought like close to 20 wards by time it gets close to late game.

Most things can be avoided even without actives, actives is just to rensure you don't have the problem if it happens. Also I said MOST things can be avoided without actives.

Can you avoid Anubis CC? Sure stay out his range
Can you avoid Ymir CC? Sure stay out his range
Can you avoid Poseidon ult? Sure stay out his range, use a jump or dash before it goes off.

Mostly every move in the game can be avoided by staying out of its range, juking, dashing, jumping or wasting an escape.

Only very few moves like Nu Wa's ult actually FORCES you to buy a active but even then you can sort of avoid it simply by staying on high health and never letting yourself reach low health and if you do back off.

I don't find anything wrong with actives.

Smite would suck bird *** if you get a kill and not rewarded, if you farm and not rewarded.
The entire point is don't get ****ped on, farm and don't get ****ped on.

If you start dying you should learn from your mistake and stop dying or fighting the person until you regain farm or catch up.

There is no excuse to feed in smite and Snowballing is a lame excuse and I will tell you why.
(Snowballing can be used as an excuse if your team fed but not if you fed because its avoidable)

Lets pretend you gave up 3 kills and the mid laner is 3-0 and you are 0-3. At this point you should learn to NO LONGER fight this god until you are capable of taking him down. So at this point you play passive and farm, your main goal should be to gain gold and wait for the jungler to get kills before you catch back up.

If your jungler cannot get any kills on the mid laner you still farm, go back and buy items. When you start catching up it will even out and sooner or later you will be strong enough to kill even slightly fed gods.

Smite allows you to come back, its not as if there is no possible way to kill someone who has 5 kills more than you.

The only time it is ever bad is if they are fed like 11-1.

Like I said though, the game should not be watered down because people decide to refight gods that are obviously ****ting on them.

These are the common mistakes I see people make in conquest of why they feed
#1 Fighting the Same god you lost to - This is the most common mistake is that someone fights a god and dies to them. They respawn and die to them again because they though they could fight them. They respawn again and fight the same god again and then they complain the god is fed when its obviously their fault for continuously fighting the god over and over. Smite does not need to be noob friendly because these players can't learn from mistakes, its clearly their own fault and they know better but are to lazy to learn.

#2 Starting Team fights when its 3v5 or 4v5 - The second dumb thing I see is that people start team fights without their entire team present then they wonder why the other team gets fed or wins the team fight. Almost every single match I want to scream because of players that go and start fights when its 3v5 and they expect to win.

Again Smite should not be watered down because of these dumb players that are not smart enough to wait for their team but instead choose to not wait for their team.

For gods sake, I even spam the VGS system and said "Group Up" 40 times and they refuse to listen.

If anyone gets snowballing its clearly the players fault because even after 3 kills you have a big chance to still come back as long as you stop giving up deaths and play it safe.

But no, everyone wants to continue to make the same mistake and blame it on snowballing when its clearly THEIR OWN FAULT for snowballing them above 3 kills.

BTW I have won a game before where my team had 24 kills and their team had 74ish kills.

I think the actives are fine how they are for the moment until someone makes a good idea.

Smites standards shouldn't be lowered because other people feed teams.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 25, 2014 10:11am | Report
By the way that mistake is a fact, 99.9% of all games I play in conquest people start team fights when its only 3v5 or 4v5 instead of waiting for their team.

Also in 99.9% of the matches I play there is always the dumb players that invade too far into the enemy's side of the map then die because of it.

Heres a hint :

* Stop starting team fights when your team is not all together
* Stop pushing to far to their side and invading without wards
* Buy damn wards (For gods sake I swear I am the only player that buys wards half the time)
* If behind play passive
* Farm
* Catch up
* Now you can fight again

Smite allows you to come back, its not my fault people don't understand how too.
Like I said, I spend more than 300 on wards, anyone complaining they can't buy actives must not be farming because I spend more money on wards then I do actives.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » August 25, 2014 11:01am | Report
I remember spending about 4 games trying to figure out how to target 'new wa' ulti...
Then it hit me, or should I say... them?
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }