Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Small League Sizes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Small League Sizes 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 1, 2013 8:05am | Report
There are only 42 people in Gold (Arena) League. Since only the top 20% move up, that means only eight or nine will progress into Platinum, and only two people will progress into Diamond for its first season. :O

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » December 1, 2013 8:18am | Report
w0w
such numbers
much competition
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 1, 2013 8:20am | Report
Well it's the intent of the league system to separate the bad the mediocre and great players.So what's your point?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 1, 2013 8:37am | Report
My point is that it will be very small. Nothing else, really, just commenting on it rather than stating whether or not it's how it should be.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 1, 2013 8:46am | Report
Sure it will be small at first,but each time people advance in rank it will get filled with hopefully the best of the best. So it won't be so bad.Also can people from a higher league get matched with people from lower league?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » December 1, 2013 8:53am | Report
Yes it is possible because i have played with people from silver league and i was in bronze.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 1, 2013 9:24am | Report
Yes, as time goes on, each tier will gradually level out (for the most part).

And yeah, cross-tier grouping is possible (probable, really). At the start of each season, your rating is reset to the base value of each tier. Bronze is 1,000; silver is 1,500; gold is 2,000; etc. and it attempts to group you with the closest rating. If it can't do that, it will group you with players above or below you (which explains being grouped with a "BR hue" person at the bottom who locks Thor despite the composition of the team and proceeds to go 1/10).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 1, 2013 9:30am | Report

which explains being grouped with a "BR hue" person at the bottom who locks Thor despite the composition of the team and proceeds to go 1/10).

That's rude. But thanks for explaining the League system, I didn't understand it at ALL.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 1, 2013 9:37am | Report
Well in that case it won't be that bad.Also I hope this league system will pan out for Smite.The pure elo system was eh ... flawed to say the least.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 1, 2013 2:33pm | Report
It's still the same pure elo system, really. Just with monthly resets. All of the league stuff is completely aesthetic out of those benchmark numbers every first of the month. You're matched by total elo which is only showed on the player stats page on HiRez' website. The top player in gold can lose thirty games in a row and keep their top spot since their top 10 games are still the same, but if their elo has tanked down to ~1200, they'll be playing in bronze level games.

The league system is just a nice ribbon on ranked. I like the exclusivity of the top levels, and I think it's drummed up a lot of interest from players that may not have cared about just raising a mostly unknown number.

I do hope they bring back the demotions once there are enough players though. Silver is going to be tens of thousands of people in a couple months if the bronze advancement pool counts everyone who plays 1 game.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }