Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Should All Items Become Available Again?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Should All Items Become Available Again? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 19, 2013 8:07pm | Report
I don't really see a problem with this. Items like Hydra's Lament aren't affected by basic attack modifiers (so no Frostbite + Polynomicon), so no insane magical crits. There doesn't seem to be much problems in terms of balance.

And if you're worried about gods like Freya critting, we already have a precedent for ability crits - Mercury.

Also, Facepunch Ymir. Your point is now invalid, because facepunch.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 19, 2013 8:45pm | Report
Is there any item that would actually benefit a god that can't pick it up? Since they took the physical attack off of Witch Stone I can't think of any. Magic basic attackers can't even crit, can they? Rage would work on Freya and Chronos even with the wasted phys power if they could, but it's not like they need a buff anyway.

I think the change was made to keep new players from buying useless items, but that could also be remedied by highlighting it in red or putting a warning or something. I just don't see a reason to change it. If troll builds are the only motivation, I'm just fine with keeping everything off limits.

And you can still build facepunch Ymir now. Letting him buy physical power items isn't going to change the fact that his attack is magic based.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 8:54pm | Report
I think Hi-Rez took it out the game because maybe certain gods in the future will be broken depending on what they can do.

OMG did you ever put crit on poseidon basic attacks? When you activate his 3 basic attacks it was so funny.

I can't remember all the gods I was doing troll things with but I remember some of them was pretty troll

maybe Hi-Rez thought people would want to troll too much instead of actually playing serious?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 20, 2013 12:37am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Magic basic attackers can't even crit, can they?

It's being worked on ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 20, 2013 12:55am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I think Hi-Rez took it out the game because maybe certain gods in the future will be broken depending on what they can do.

OMG did you ever put crit on poseidon basic attacks? When you activate his 3 basic attacks it was so funny.

I can't remember all the gods I was doing troll things with but I remember some of them was pretty troll

maybe Hi-Rez thought people would want to troll too much instead of actually playing serious?

His 2 doesn't count as a basic though it does fill his passive.

Im scared of what chronos will do. Make the tick tocks stop make them stop DX.

I do want all items to be availeble though. Just let a few gods like chronos zues and isis and zhong and pos and maybe freya keep magical aa's and then it should be fine.

Also facepunch.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 20, 2013 12:56am | Report
I think Hi-rez just did it to stop trolls and new players from picking items that are useless on that god.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 20, 2013 1:10am | Report
Well, if this happens, we could open up a good realm of possibilities, and maybe start a permanent trend of "hybrid" gods.

Let's say Artemis' traps and volley get turned into magical power contributions. It won't affect her playstyle much, since the trap isn't used for damage, and her three is used for the really high base damage, not contributions. Literally, all you get is the option to go for magical damage and not become totally useless. And maybe that's enough.

If LoL can work with this system, why not Smite?

(Troll Bakasura build: Mini-bakas use magical power for basic attacks.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 20, 2013 1:22am | Report
Na because then we go back to tanks abusing items, and becoming 1 stop shop DPS/tank hybrid killing machines. When somebody starts trolling hard with items not meant for their God archetype, it ruins the flow of the game and the strategy involved.

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 3:57am | Report
We all had good laughs when you pull up the scoreboard just to see your Ymir rockin warrior tabi
That is why Hi-Rez says goodbye

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fudger » November 21, 2013 4:23am | Report
I'd really like this to happen, there are many interesting combos that can be made that way.

Fudger

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }