Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Putting an Ease to Nox Complaints

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Putting an Ease to Nox Complaints 34 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 4, 2014 4:34am | Report
I say Nox should be an assassin.

She has an ability that applies the darkness debuff (Can be a very skill based shot). Every other ability adds bonus effects to hit. Just like Hades.

One ability could make her teleport to them if they have the debuff. Another one can make them blind.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2014 5:01am | Report
Well, every mage is already an assassin in this game.

And I don't think letting a ranged mage teleport close is a good idea, unless you want to make her melee.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 4, 2014 5:18am | Report
Obviously Melee.

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 4, 2014 5:35am | Report
A melee magical assassing with a teleport could be fun, kind of reminds me of kassadin in a way, hirez hadn't done mid lane assassins yet so that could actually create very interesting design.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » November 4, 2014 6:00am | Report
The thing is, in my humble opinion, that Nox is meant to box out mages: nothing else. Silence them, make them take damage per ability, dodge hits with her 1, deal constant damage with her 3.

She sucks because she's only good at that. But she's DAMN good at that, and will be better.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 4, 2014 6:02am | Report
Nox is bad at cq and worse in arena.

Sure nox can own solo IF the enemy jungler lets them. So really, she is just a feeding station. Lack of escape means everything in smite.

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2014 6:22am | Report
Shavul wrote:

The thing is, in my humble opinion, that Nox is meant to box out mages: nothing else. Silence them, make them take damage per ability, dodge hits with her 1, deal constant damage with her 3.

She sucks because she's only good at that. But she's DAMN good at that, and will be better.

LOL

"Box out mages?" ROFL.

Why bother with silences and cast punishments when you can just, you know, KILL them? Who the cares if you can kill casters when they're killing you back twice as fast, thanks to their damage and CC and such.

Seriously, the idea is a specialization is that they must be GOOD at their niche.

I do get what you're talking about. But who cares about a 1 second silence and a punish mechanic when Isis has a 1.8 sec silence, a 1-1.5 sec stun, and way more burst damage? Oh, and her silence isn't a skillshot, either.

Do you know who is a REAL anti-mage? Chaac. His ultimate is a three second silence that deals more damage than Nox's kit by itself. He's damn good at killing casters of any type.

QED

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 4, 2014 6:31am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

LOL

"Box out mages?" ROFL.

Why bother with silences and cast punishments when you can just, you know, KILL them? Who the cares if you can kill casters when they're killing you back twice as fast, thanks to their damage and CC and such.

Seriously, the idea is a specialization is that they must be GOOD at their niche.

I do get what you're talking about. But who cares about a 1 second silence and a punish mechanic when Isis has a 1.8 sec silence, a 1-1.5 sec stun, and way more burst damage? Oh, and her silence isn't a skillshot, either.

Do you know who is a REAL anti-mage? Chaac. His ultimate is a three second silence that deals more damage than Nox's kit by itself. He's damn good at killing casters of any type.

QED

I think her DESIGN was to box out mages. Right now she's complete and utter **** at it, but I think that was the intent behind the design.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2014 6:39am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

I think her DESIGN was to box out mages. Right now she's complete and utter **** at it, but I think that was the intent behind the design.

I knew that, it was just that Shavul said she was GOOD at it.

The baffling thing is, is that a "control" mage means to "control" the battlefield, not "control" enemy mages. An anti-mage is just a specialized form of a typical archetype like ADC or tank. HiRez must have assumed the latter, which makes me think they don't ever play other MOBAs ever.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » November 4, 2014 6:46am | Report
Well, thing is I didn't play Nox but I saw some noxes push out some other players to oblivion in the solo lane. Like I said, it was a humble opinion.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }