Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

PTS Patch : The Indomitable Spirit Summary

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » PTS Patch : The Indomitable Spirit Summary 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 30, 2015 3:59pm | Report

Hi guys. I'm here just trying to make a summary of PTS patch notes (with Greenever posting the real patch). I might continues doing this if it proves to be useful but let's just see about it.

In this new patch, we're getting a new god, Xing Tian, the "first" Chinese guardian in SMITE (if you exclude the super OP old Guan Yu) Let's hope that he'll enter the game with more balance as he goes through the PTS.

On another note, we have some changes, maybe a bit more than usual (I'm sure we haven't got a big changes ever since season 2). Mostly a few buffs here and there and as usual, a nerf to the other new god, Khepri. Is it a good patch? Let's see

God Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
buffed, nerfed or bugfixes

~
Ao Kuang
Cabrakan
Chang'e
Fenrir
+
Guan Yu
Hercules
Hou Yi
Janus
-
+
+
Khepri
Kumbhakarna
Medusa
Mercury
+

Nox
Ravana
Ymir

! = Rework* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

So, there you go, an interesting patch indeed. Most of the changes are buffs to gods except for Khepri

First of all, it's Ao Kuang. As Hirez said, they wanted to nerf the power of Wild Storm. Wild Storm's low cooldown does makes him a really good damage dealer later in the game. However, they tried to justify it by increasing the base damage of Dragon Call by 5 each level (total 30). It doesn't seem to be useful as it will be rather insignificant late game. Maybe Hirez just tried to make it not so obvious that they wanted to nerf him. So, is the change good? It's for Ao Kuang's players to decide. Next, we have a pretty good buff for Guan Yu He was pretty weak since the warrior nerf and this might just help her. The cooldown reduction and slow increase is really useful. The last useful changes is for ***bakharna. He's been pretty underperforming lately and this change might just give him enough to get him back on his feet (fat joke unintended).

Now, let's see Khepri. Once again another nerf for our new lovely god. An increased in the mana for Rising Dawn might make him unable to spam it in lane, however, it won't change his late game capability. They also nerf, my opinion, his most useless skill, Solar Flare. Yes, it's pretty good, but right now, you really really need to use this skill correctly as it has its cooldown increased. Let's see if these nerfs are too much for Khepri or he'll still be OP.

Last, let's talk about our new god, Xing Tian. He has a good regen on his passive. However, it feels like a weird ability with his other abilities. A skillshot that reduce enemies damage and deals max hp as damage, a knock up as well a root that damages enemies, a leap (obviously, on every god) which works pretty similar to Nemesis's dash as Kelly said and finally a circle CC ultimate that puts enemy in a line. Is he OP? Maybe. Just try him on the PTS.

Item Changes

Now, for item changes. There are some little changes to a few item so I will only talk about the big changes.

Our biggest change is for Bluestone Pendant. It's been reworked. Instead of giving you mana regen for your sustain, it cause your abilities to deal additional damage. I'm not sure if it's the best option to go as only a few gods might use it (the one who can spam abilities). Next, we have Mail of Renewal. It is mostly buffed, with an increased cooldown reduction and healing as well as being able to activate on objective kills. However, it cannot stack anymore. I think it's a pretty fair change though. Lastly, Weakening Curse healing reduction is reduced to 65%, giving healers the ability to fight back. So, non-healers, you might want to attack harder, or buy another healing reduction items.

Upcoming Skins

Once again new skins to get. Mostly mandatory skins (Xing Tian recolor, Ratatoskr golden). However, Agni skin has been updated as well as (another) Fenrir, Enjoy your life of skins.

Ragnarok Fenrir

Indomitable Xin Tian

Volcanic Agni - Updated

Ratatoskr Mastery Skins

Share Your Thoughts!

So, what do you think of this changes? Do you like it? I want to hear it on the comments below, maybe Hirez will change it before it going to the live server

Last, I would like to hear your opinion on this series? How good/bad is it? Any suggestion would be good and I'll be very thankful about it. See you next time!

Special Thanks

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 30, 2015 6:31pm | Report
Dope! But l0l scrub, fix champion to god plzzz :P

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 30, 2015 7:46pm | Report
Looks nice! But yeah you say Xing Tian has a leap "obviously, on every hero," which should be god as well ;)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 2, 2015 1:05am | Report
wait this guy is a guardian? he got more a kit of a warrior in some cases.

And his Q is monster against tank teams
his w is a knockup with root at the end
a leap obviously
and he can throw people (sounds fun)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 2, 2015 3:04am | Report
He is not a guardian. He is a Ares ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » September 2, 2015 8:50am | Report
See error 202 he does magical damage with an axe. But seriously he is sun wukong crossed with cabraken.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 2, 2015 11:03am | Report

He is not a guardian. He is a Ares ;)

explains a lot

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 5, 2015 1:43pm | Report
I just noticed they reworked bluestone but why did they still ban it for assault now that it doen't give the mana sustain anymore

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 5, 2015 10:22pm | Report
I hate this patch, mostly because of the new headless guy. That guy is magical OPsiris V 2.0. Impossible to kill, impossible to avoid. Looking forward to a hard nerf for him. Like really hard.

I don't see why ***bha needed a buff though. I know he isn't played, but when he is, he is a great guardian. He's got unmatched CC and enough damage to be feared. Nothing against him, but I feel that he will get a much harder nerf if he will get played after this patch.

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }