Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Preparing your "Kit"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Preparing your "Kit" 25 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » January 12, 2014 12:45pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

The main problem I see with this idea is a huge part of MOBA's is being able to anticipate your opponent's skills, range, etc. If there are variations then strategy feels a lot more random, since you can't tell what version / skill they are using until they use it. This would feel bad for gameplay.

It is the metagame, and the best way to beat it is not to play. :P
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 12, 2014 1:17pm | Report
I agree with Mowen here. I've heard a lot of talk of adding more skills to gods, but the point of the game is not only knowing your character, but knowing your opponent. This actually punishes doing well, because if you level before them, you're punished for choosing a skill that they can now counter-skill against. It fixes the aspect of counter-picking gods by counter-picking skills, which is even more broken and complicated.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 12, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

The main problem I see with this idea is a huge part of MOBA's is being able to anticipate your opponent's skills, range, etc. If there are variations then strategy feels a lot more random, since you can't tell what version / skill they are using until they use it. This would feel bad for gameplay.

Well, each skill should be similar to the alt version. An alt of Spirit Arrow would still be a nuke, and players would avoid it all the same, even if it shreds protections instead of rooting.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 12, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Like Sub says. Should not be completely different. Just add a little tidbit. Or change how they're casted. Not give a completely new skill.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 12, 2014 3:41pm | Report
Yeah, when I was thinking it, I was thinking them not being completely different, but having maybe somewhat of a different effect. Kind of like how, when looking at items, Voidblade/ Void Stone have identical stats, except for one little aspect, than Focused Voidblade/ Focused Void Stone.

It's an interesting idea to think about, at the very least.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }