Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible Artemis Changes:

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possible Artemis Changes: 32 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

Which Changes would you prefer?
Tweak her abilities
Rework her abilities
Keep her the same
Tweak her stats
Other
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 11:52am | Report
Eh, I don't like copy-paste things either, but it's the only viable option I had, besides my 2nd paragraph's suggestion. Artemis has no waveclear either, mind you, and every other GOOD carry has a linear shot to clear waves (Mesmerize, Spirit Arrow, Impale). The one I suggested was simply a 50% slow instead of a root.

Everybody needs an escape. That's why even cupid is better than artemis atm. She is pretty much, the worst.

And sure, we can call them tied for 1st. I'd still consider Neith better than the other two but that's just going off preference and current pick %.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 4, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Eh, I don't like copy-paste things either, but it's the only viable option I had, besides my 2nd paragraph's suggestion. Artemis has no waveclear either, mind you, and every other GOOD carry has a linear shot to clear waves (Mesmerize, Spirit Arrow, Impale). The one I suggested was simply a 50% slow instead of a root.

Everybody needs an escape. That's why even cupid is better than artemis atm. She is pretty much, the worst.

And sure, we can call them tied for 1st. I'd still consider Neith better than the other two but that's just going off preference and current pick %.

While the good carries have a linear, high damage ability for clearing they shouldn't have that as their only option for clearing. I guess one solution would be to give her Suppress The Insolent an effect similar to Poseidon's Kraken. A central circle within you can damage enemy gods, and an outer circle that is wider but the arrows that land there only harm minions. If the outer circle is large enough she should be able to clear an entire wave with it, without making it too easy to snipe enemy gods.

Also, not everyone needs an escape. Or at least not a dash/jump. Zhong Kui has neither and seems very powerful to me. Poseidon is a regular pick whose escape pretty much consists of a speed increase, something Artemis already has. There are ways to make gods viable without instant movement abilities.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 1:37pm | Report
Ah yes, but sir! Zhong Kui has a slow that lasts 8(?) seconds, and a stun that can last almost 2, plus insane healing. Poseidon has a very big speed increase, a cripple+slow, and a knockback.
And both of those examples are mages. She is the only CARRY without an escape, and, not coincidentally, the worst.

Your idea on Suppress The Insolent, however, is unique. I like it. Let's do that. And give it a very solid slow so she DOES have an escape. Her speed increase + slow increase would amount to a mediocre, but 100% manageable, escape.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 4, 2013 1:51pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Ah yes, but sir! Zhong Kui has a slow that lasts 8(?) seconds, and a stun that can last almost 2, plus insane healing. Poseidon has a very big speed increase, a cripple+slow, and a knockback.
And both of those examples are mages. She is the only CARRY without an escape, and, not coincidentally, the worst.

Your idea on Suppress The Insolent, however, is unique. I like it. Let's do that. And give it a very solid slow so she DOES have an escape. Her speed increase + slow increase would amount to a mediocre, but 100% manageable, escape.

I know Zhong Kui and Poseidon have other tricks in their bag, but they're not really reliable escapes. They can't just get out of a sticky situation in a heartbeat and need to rely on other abilities to help them out. They are gods that don't have "proper" escapes yet still do well. My point was merely that it is possible to be good without a jump/dash. Shouldn't be different for carries.

As for the Suppress The Insolent thing, glad you like it.

By the way, does this site have a delay on updating one's post count? I'm still sitting at 1 post according to the site.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 2:02pm | Report
Agree to disagree, I suppose, on the escape. I may agree that you shouldn't NEED an escape to be a carry, but in this current meta and god skillset, YOU DO. There is simply no reason to pick artemis without an escape - it's not right, but it's how it is.

And as for the delay, I have 0 idea, I guess so, heh.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 4, 2013 2:19pm | Report
Well, screw everything about escapes. With the new active changes she can get as many escapes as she wants. Almost.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sellardohr » September 4, 2013 3:52pm | Report
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but her built-in wards, to some extent, offset the lack of escape. If she can see a gank coming from a mile away, she can start maneuvering out of a vulnerable position early, if slowly.

Sellardohr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 4, 2013 4:00pm | Report
Sellardohr wrote:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but her built-in wards, to some extent, offset the lack of escape. If she can see a gank coming from a mile away, she can start maneuvering out of a vulnerable position early, if slowly.

While that has merit early game, it is not worth much as an escape in the lategame, where you are expected to enter teamfights and might be forced to make a hasty retreat if your team gets destroyed.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 4, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Sellardhor: I agree, in part, but the wards simply aren't effective enough to be very useful. If they decreased the spawning time, I can see how some might use it as an attack, but with how long it takes to spawn now, I really only use it against enemy Artemis(plural). Breathe in the irony.

Kripox: I rather dislike your suggestion for Suppress The Insolent; the ability to only hit minions for a section of her attack seems to only address her farming problems. I also dislike an ability that would be only effective in the early game. It still doesn't help how the damage and slow are too minor to be of much use in the middle-late game.

If I may input a suggestion, I would have the outer area apply a 20-25% slow, and the center area apply a 35-50% slow. Maybe a damage buff for the center as well. It certainly would be more useful in teamfights.

I also feel that pretty much every other god has either an dash/leap, a speed buff, or speed debuff, or some combination of the three. Zhong has both a long-lasting slow and a stun, while Poseidon has a cripple/pull, knockback, and a speed buff.

I might be incorrect, but Artemis is the only god without some of the above. Even Freya has enough CC to have a mediocre "escape." Artemis has what is probably the least effective slow in the game, and a trap that is unreliable.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 4, 2013 6:03pm | Report
IDEA: Talenheim's idea for invisible, no-damage traps, but instead, increase the maximum number to 7-15, change the CC in some way, maybe a cripple or silence, and maybe a damage buff. Instead of having multiple trap abilities, have her be a massive annoyance to the enemy team by booby-trapping their entire jungle.

I think with this, she would still be mainly about one-on-one fights and assassinations, but she still has the ability to be useful to the team in teamfights (avoiding being blindsided, and the ability to slow down fleeing opponents), albeit in an indirect manner.

Plus, it would be funny to kill a low-health enemy god when he/she steps on a trap by accident.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }