Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible Artemis Changes:

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possible Artemis Changes: 32 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

Which Changes would you prefer?
Tweak her abilities
Rework her abilities
Keep her the same
Tweak her stats
Other
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » September 3, 2013 3:40pm | Report
I think it is also important to say that her 3 is one of the best attacks in the game mechanically. it hits just like hebos 3 and the chronos attack (dont play chronos dont remember wich one). If it did more damage... it would be killer.

if they upped her base attack speed and took her steroid away for a leap of some sort, as well as increasing the damage on her 3... she would be deadly
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 3, 2013 4:45pm | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

I think it is also important to say that her 3 is one of the best attacks in the game mechanically. it hits just like hebos 3 and the chronos attack (dont play chronos dont remember wich one). If it did more damage... it would be killer.
Both Waterspout and Stop Time provide hard CC - a knock-up (the best CC) and a slow + stun, respectively.

TheLazyRaven wrote:
if they upped her base attack speed and took her steroid away for a leap of some sort, as well as increasing the damage on her 3... she would be deadly

Giving her a leap would probably be the easiest way to balance her, but I opt for a way that would keep her unique:

Artemis is a huntress in her lore. She would therefore focus greatly on entrapment. Giving her another form of a trap as her third ability would be useful, I think. She would remain one of the hardest-hitting gods, while also gaining decent control. Lack of escapes could not be considered a downside, as she would have the stun from her pig, and two forms of traps. I do believe that her lack of a gap-closer or instant gap-increaser is enough of a downside to offset these changes.

Essentially, she would turn in to a high-utility ADC who is risky to play. She'd lack the survivability and global ultimate to be considered overpowered, I think.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 5:02pm | Report
He didn't mean stop time, that's literally nothing like either of the other two abilities whatsoever. He means Time Rift, and he means what way they're aimed.

And I suppose it makes sense. Give her 3 a linear shot (so she actually has waveclear) that ensnares the target in vines, either rooting or slowing by 50% anyone hit. IMO that'd work well- Slow a target, place a trap ahead of you to keep moving in a straight line whereas they ahve to strafe, and gives her nice waveclear.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 5:09pm | Report
That sounds exactly like Spirit Arrow...

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 5:22pm | Report
Eh, at the same time, Spirit Arrow is an amazing ability, and there is no equivilent to it. Isn't that what truly makes Neith so strong? Her backflip is nice, but anhur, apollo, and xbal all have jumps. Her heal is nice, but it's negligible in the grand scheme. It's her root - her 100% failsafe root, that is amazing for escaping (anyone can jump after her after she backflips, but not if rooted!). Anhur has a hard to land stun, xbal has no CC outside ult, and apollo's breaks on damage. Neith is infallible, hence why she is considered the #1 carry. Having artemis have it, or even just the squall-like slow, a FRACTION of the power, is immense in her ability to escape or be viable.

That's just my take, however; You could very well just give her Rain of Arrows (or whatever it's called) give a 50% slow and a slightly increased range, but longer ramp up time (to still give ability to dodge in trades, but increase waveclear, and increase the deterrent to run in a straight line while ganking), and make her viable while still keeping a unique type of move to her, as no other person has that type of ability in her carry category. But that's just preference, and more than likely none of this would make it into the game xD
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » September 3, 2013 5:46pm | Report
I think Artemis should keep as she is. She may be not a top tier god, like Neith or Apollo, due the fact that the game is full of escape mechanics.

She is in a good spot. Maybe just scale her damage? Give her more defenses? I don't really know much, I don't play Artemis at all. The only thing I know is that she doesn't need any ability rework.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 5:59pm | Report
I wouldn't scale her though - it's not her numbers that are inefficient, it's her lack of escape. Make her have more damage or defenses, and she will literally never be beaten in a duel - she already is the scariest late game in the game. But her ability to get to late game simply doesn't exist because she can be camped by the jungler with NO DOWNSIDE. It will ALWAYS be a kill!
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 3, 2013 6:30pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He didn't mean stop time, that's literally nothing like either of the other two abilities whatsoever. He means Time Rift, and he means what way they're aimed.
I see now that you're right, but I'd still argue against the point he made; it may be one of the better attacks mechanically, but it cannot zone. Sure, it's easy to aim and relatively instant, but it cannot be placed behind her while fleeing, and therefore can only be considered an escape in the sense that she could preemptively slow someone.

Edit: if someone is directly on your tail, it can be placed where you are and hit them. But it is still far inferior than a zoning tool for escaping, which is what she needs.

Buffing its damage is not the best way to balance her, because that's not where her problem is. Her problem is that it is much harder to her to escape than any other ADC.
Raventhor wrote:
And I suppose it makes sense. Give her 3 a linear shot (so she actually has waveclear) that ensnares the target in vines, either rooting or slowing by 50% anyone hit. IMO that'd work well- Slow a target, place a trap ahead of you to keep moving in a straight line whereas they ahve to strafe, and gives her nice waveclear.

While I think trading it for her own version of Neith's Spirit Arrow would work, I'd opt for something else because if she were given something another god already had, it might as well be a leap.

I think either a zoning tool or a short-ranged, conic attack that slowed could be a viable solution to fixing her. What do you think of that?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 4, 2013 10:27am | Report
I have a friend that says that they should make her 1 invisible, and make it do no damage, and it doesn't snare people. Basically an Eye of Providence, that can last forever. I nayed it, but what do you guys think?

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 4, 2013 11:45am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Eh, at the same time, Spirit Arrow is an amazing ability, and there is no equivilent to it. Isn't that what truly makes Neith so strong? Her backflip is nice, but anhur, apollo, and xbal all have jumps. Her heal is nice, but it's negligible in the grand scheme. It's her root - her 100% failsafe root, that is amazing for escaping (anyone can jump after her after she backflips, but not if rooted!). Anhur has a hard to land stun, xbal has no CC outside ult, and apollo's breaks on damage. Neith is infallible, hence why she is considered the #1 carry. Having artemis have it, or even just the squall-like slow, a FRACTION of the power, is immense in her ability to escape or be viable.

That's just my take, however; You could very well just give her Rain of Arrows (or whatever it's called) give a 50% slow and a slightly increased range, but longer ramp up time (to still give ability to dodge in trades, but increase waveclear, and increase the deterrent to run in a straight line while ganking), and make her viable while still keeping a unique type of move to her, as no other person has that type of ability in her carry category. But that's just preference, and more than likely none of this would make it into the game xD

Why do people always have to say that either Apollo, Anhur or Neith is the number one? They all seem damn powerful to me, and they all have their advantages. Can't we just agree they share the number one spot while laughing at my poor old Xba?

As for the suggestion, I'd rather not see her just copy-paste Spirit Arrow. At present, none of the carries have abilities with identical effects, even if some are damn close. It'd be a shame to give up variety. Personally, I'm not too sure what I'd do with her. Her current skill set just seems awkwardly designed, and I'm not sure what to change. I'd probably vote for another trap of some kind, or another hunter - esque ability. High damage (through her 2) and good CC with a lack of escapes and high instant damage abilities could be her thing.

Kripox

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }