Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible Artemis Changes:

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possible Artemis Changes: 32 posts - page 4 of 4

Poll Question:

Which Changes would you prefer?
Tweak her abilities
Rework her abilities
Keep her the same
Tweak her stats
Other
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 5, 2013 3:12am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
Kripox: I rather dislike your suggestion for Suppress The Insolent; the ability to only hit minions for a section of her attack seems to only address her farming problems. I also dislike an ability that would be only effective in the early game. It still doesn't help how the damage and slow are too minor to be of much use in the middle-late game.

If I may input a suggestion, I would have the outer area apply a 20-25% slow, and the center area apply a 35-50% slow. Maybe a damage buff for the center as well. It certainly would be more useful in teamfights.

I also feel that pretty much every other god has either an dash/leap, a speed buff, or speed debuff, or some combination of the three. Zhong has both a long-lasting slow and a stun, while Poseidon has a cripple/pull, knockback, and a speed buff.

I might be incorrect, but Artemis is the only god without some of the above. Even Freya has enough CC to have a mediocre "escape." Artemis has what is probably the least effective slow in the game, and a trap that is unreliable.

The idea was not to make this the only change for her, it was just a suggestion to help her farm out. The reason I decided against damaging gods with the outer circle was mainly the fact that it would be extremely easy for her to land the ability, and make it near impossible to avoid the damage from it. I guess it could just be a case of reduced damage in the outer ring, but I figured that if Suppress The Insolent were to get a damage buff (I assumed this from the beginning) it wouldn't make sense to give her a huge AOE increase as well. I'm a firm believer in buffing in moderation.

As for Artemis's lack of tools, I dunno if she's the only one. Still, she has her speed buff, a root (admittedly hard to land) a slow (that I think is 25% for 2 secs?) and a stun if she pops her ult to escape. She's hard to run away with, but she has the tools to get it done if she avoids being surrounded. Not reliable, but I have saved my *** with my root a few times.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 5, 2013 7:05am | Report
No one commented on my invisibility hide passive :-(

As for escapes. IF hirez felt Artemis needed an escape the most basic and logical solution is to use the grasping vines. Right now you place a trap and if they walk in them they get trapped. To give Artemis an escape, you also let the vines target a player directly where in they do no damage and maybe do a slow.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }