Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Anhur Buff Means New Dumb Anhur Players!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New Anhur Buff Means New Dumb Anhur Players! 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 1, 2013 4:11am | Report
With the new buff to Anhur's scaling damage on disperse it has appeared to me that Anhur players have just gotten more dumb over the last balance patch.

Can anyone confirm my theory?

I have just played multiple matches after the match where people keep using their jump super aggressively now thinking it is some crazy damage machine that will obliterate me with one touch.

I then smack these Anhur's and ask myself the question

"Do these idiots think because of the patch they can now jump at me with no fear"

????? Is it Confirmed or not ?????

Has anyone been seeing this, because I'm tired of seeing these new waves of Anhur players using their disperse like a complete idiot. Sorry but disperse isn't making me any more scared. In fact I'm going to kill your Anhur now since you just wasted your escape idiot.

Smh balance patch has created a wave of over aggressive dumb Anhur's.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » August 1, 2013 8:31am | Report
Anhur wasn't really buffed. It was essentially a nerf to his early game ultimate, with slightly increased endgame damage and a small disperse damage buff. What I don't understand is why Hi-Rez tweaked his damage rather than his vast utility, but I digress.

If they're using Disperse to get in close but not actually knock you up into an Impale combo, they're using it wrong. 30% or 40% scaling, that won't change.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 2, 2013 4:29am | Report
Might be they are new to Anhur and all they are doing is practicing the Knock up into Implae combo as Turnip said.

And ofc there will be new players when a god is changed (seen a lot of new herc players for example). That is just how it is :P

Overall it just makes the game better, because maybe they figure out something new and actually gets good with a god they never played before. Which will make them better and give them a larger godpool to play with (so that that you don't have to get "I only play Neith" in ranked etc).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 3, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Unfortunately, it's kind of a bad thing when you do have an influx of bads playing a god.

Loki got his Vanish buffed back in June as a direct response to the statistics showing low Loki winrates, when in truth he was on the free rotation. Being on the free rotation meant a lot of n00bs were playing him for two weeks, and Loki is a god that demands skill in order to be useful in Conquest.

I'd prefer not to see Anhur get more buffs just because bad players can't use him right and skew his statistics to make HiRez think he's a weak pick.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 3, 2013 7:06pm | Report
Had by far the worse Anubis today. He never once used the 2-3-4 combo. Ever. he literally had two kills.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 4, 2013 1:21am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Had by far the worse Anubis today. He never once used the 2-3-4 combo. Ever. he literally had two kills.

how does this add to a conversation about Anhur?

also worst anubis on the world was is the one who says MID OR I FEED AND THE JUNGLER BETTER GIVES ME ALL THE KILLS. and was level 14 so coulden't be a troll.

procedesss to die 4 times not using his combo and everytime he died he blamed every one else and especially the jungler which i had the joy to be. i gank his lane while he was away and i kill the ra and he says "DUDE FAK U IL REPORT ALL OF YOU" me and my 2 friend's were just laughing us a**** of while he was raging we said stuff like aw your just adorable or that so cute.

he dies 9 more times and got only one kill from lazers on a body blocked enemy.

than we won because i was playing nezha while being fed 10-1 and my friend's were 8-0 and 9-1 so we were doing pretty good and luckely we didn't have one very fed enemy but multiple kind of fed gods.

we stole fg and got a deaceite and rushed to the enemy base.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 4, 2013 8:53am | Report
All4Games wrote:

how does this add to a conversation about Anhur?

Cause Anubis is on free rotation. So people who don't know how to play him end up picking him and getting rolled. Pretty much how Anhur got a little damage buff and people who don't know how to play him pick him.

Making a comparison.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 4, 2013 9:41am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Cause Anubis is on free rotation. So people who don't know how to play him end up picking him and getting rolled. Pretty much how Anhur got a little damage buff and people who don't know how to play him pick him.

Making a comparison.

You can make a comment like that about any god in the free rotation.

If you want to talk about them then make a tread about it but don't go ons different tread to complain about something that is completly off topic, this tread is about the anhur buff not anything related to free rotation.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 4, 2013 12:07pm | Report
hell might as well bring up every god in the game!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » August 4, 2013 12:14pm | Report
Do you mean buff them to Anhur's level, or bring them up in conversation?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }