Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My Opinion About Smite.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » My Opinion About Smite. 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Riotas » March 8, 2014 7:04am | Report
Hello everyone,my name in game is Riotas,maybe someone of you played with me,or maybe not,whatever.So i played Smite for a few days already,now was just sitting and thinking that i should share my minds about this game.

Pros:

- I can say this game is kinda unique,at some points we can compare this with games like League of legends,Dota or other similar games (Creeps,Towers Defenging/Attacking,Jungles and other games) But what dufaq? This game doesn't even look like that games.Pretty interesting thing that we can controll our gods,champions,characters (call them whatever you want) from first look.

-Smite got pretty good and interesting Style,why? Most of this game characters are Ancient Gods,Creatures,and other things.Most of them are pretty unique,they got alot of interesting skills and other things.

-There is probably no game who got so much Game modes like Smite.All game modes are really different,they are all fun to play (Its a lie,because its fun not always)

-Well..every person who wants can try this game,because its f2p.

- Best thing on this game is that you dont need to wait for match like 10 mins like in other games.

-If you are new at type of games like this,its not so hard to play,there is alot of information about all Gods,Builds,and other things who can help you become better player.

-Shop in matches is kinda good,because for example when you press at every Section it shows you items for your God,i mean if you are magic damage user it will show you only that items,not like in other games it shows all items,for example Psychical/Magical,why this thing is good? Well atleast is more chances that player in your team will not build Pscychical damage as Magical damage user or Magical damage user will not buy items to get Psychical damage.

Cons:

-I dont know how about others,but i think Favor rewards after match is wayyyyyyyyy too small,i can bet someone will say something like that "Look at this idiot,another guy who wants to get everything without playing much" but still.I understand that devs created this game to make people play this game for long time,and this game is f2p so only way to get money for devs is to make people buy Gods,Skins and other things.But 30-40 Favor reward for completing game... well,sometimes that looks like joke,i mean most of gods price is 5,5k and new released gods price is 11k.Yeah there is rewards for completing first game of the day,it gives you more Favor,you will get something like 140 Favor or something like that,but still it feels wayyy too small,i mean there is so much gods in this game,they all got like minimum 3-4 skins who costs tons,to get all things you would need to play for years every day atleast for 10 hours.

-I noticed that there is big inequality between players who pay money in game,and those who not pay.I can say honestly i am that guy who doesn't pay,why? I just dont have extra money for game/games to get stuff more easy,i would pay for everything with pleasure,but still.So for example God price is 5,5k Favor,to get 5,5k Favor you need to play really ALOOOTTT of time,guy who pays money just can get 200 gems and get God he want,new released Gods costs 11k Favor,well... to get so much Favor i would need to play if honestly atleast 2 weeks every day,and if honestly no idea how much hours i would need to play,and again... guy who spends money on game can just get 200 Gems and get that God at same minute while guy who doesn't want to spend money or just dont want to need to play he's *** off for a long time.Not gona talk about skins,its just same situation.

-I dont know how i should call this thing,but still.Why game creators doesnt do things like Gods/Skins Sales for lover prices? I mean they could just put some Gods/Skins on sales every week,why i think that thing should be good? Well i bet creators would get aloooot of more money,sales would keep motivate to play this game more and more,why? You dont know that God/Skin would come on Sale,maybe thats the God/Skin you where thinking to get for a long time?

-God Rotations.Its good thing that devs puts some Gods,so players can try something new,atleast its better then nothing.But what is the problem with this? I dont know how they should solve this,maybe they should put more gods on Rotations,or something like that,why? I think everyone know that if you are new player(I can call my self on of them) in game you dont have much gods in your arsenal to choose.I noticed that in most of games players are just forced to pick Gods they dont want to play,or just have no idea how to play with them.For example people from your team picks 4 Gods who is on God Rotation,well i think we all realize that you dont have much choices to pick something good,so usually you pick God you dont really want to play,or like i said you are forced to pick God you dont play,or just have no idea how to play.We all know how it ends usually,you end game with like 10 or more dies,you got items you dont even need and something like that.

-This will look kinda funny but i noticed that most of God skills are just jumps,leaps,even most of god ults are jumps/leaps,i have no idea if really why,it has to be like this because devs wanted this,or they just had no imagatination while they created those gods.

-Another thing is kinda strange too,noticed that most of Psychical/Magical attack and Psychical/Magical Defense items in game are just items who gives you Stacks,and there is no pure items who would give you something real,for example there is no items who would give you a good atk.speed or just damage boost,all they give just a little slice of stats.

Discuss this guys,but thats how i see some things in this game,there is even more cons i see,but was just already too lazy to talk about them.Share your minds what you think about this guys.

Riotas

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 8, 2014 7:42am | Report
Play the game for at least 3 more moths then revisit this and I believe you will have less "cons" for this game then you do now. Most of the ones you have listed stem from you being new and there isn't anything to discuss here.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 8, 2014 8:01am | Report
I don't spend money on games most of the time, but I did on Smite. The Ultimate God Pack is amazing. Every god, forever, and all the ones to be released. The price? $29.99.

To say there is an inequality in players who spend money on the game and those who don't is also kind of bad. Once you get level 30. Almost everyone has the Ultimate God Pack, had voice packs for their favorite gods, even skins. The more experienced players just seem to be more dedicated and want to spend money. As compared to a guy who has played for a week and isn't quite sure if he'll continue to play.

The differences in gem prices for certain skins actually has a reason. The ones that you can get with favor/200 gems are just recolors. The 400 gem skins are typically full redesigns of the god, with skills aesthetics also being altered. The 600 gem skins have everything. A custom voice pack, custom VGS commands. Whole overhaul on the look of the god and his/her skills aesthetics. So obviously, the more effort they put in, the more it will cost.

The god rotations is pretty much one god from each class type. Giving players a fair chance to try more gods from every role. In theory it not only gives the chance to find a god you like, but your favorite role as well. I'm fairly sure league of legends is similar on their rotation as well.

Most gods do have an escape, but I can't think of many with multiple, if any. They definitely promote the fast paced gameplay that we have in Smite and aren't necessarily bad. On top of that they are balanced with an equal amount of CC.

I'm not sure if you just didn't look, but have you noticed Rod of Tahuti, Titan's Bane, Hastened Fatalis. They are all a big chunk of one stat, with a little of another stat. If you were hoping for an item with just 300 physical AP. Well, that's just dumb.

I missed the part about favor. Oops. I really can't discuss that anyways. I haven't had to worry about that for months. I will say though; they give plenty of free gods, plus they have some on rotation. You also get 500 favor a level and with full goodwill and a win. Can get 150 in a match. It is slow, but if it was faster. Well, when the game releases and they take the Ultimate God Pack away. No one would buy gods. It would be easier to just earn them.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 8, 2014 8:11am | Report
Really appreciate that u posted ur heart out on this site.. I have been playing smite for more than a year and purchased the game after playing free for 3 months. Would like to comment on the cons you feel.

- yes i agree favor reward is less but the flipside is that it takes more than 10-15 games for a new player to just feel comfortable playing a god. So by the time you get comfortable with a god you might collect enough favor to purchase a new god.

- there is absolutely no inequality between players who purchase the game those who dont.
- the technical point you talked abt is jumps/ leaps in gods. I tell you this thing, only a handful of gods has jumps or leaps and most of them are physical hunters or assassins. Mages don't leap nor do tanks, yes they hav some kind of protection or escape/chase skills. Even physical hunter like ah muzen cab has no leap at all.
- there r dedicated items for everything you need. And once you get used to smite more you would appreciate the fact that wy items r multi faceted and have strange passives.

Enjoy the game! Its awesome..
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 8, 2014 10:05am | Report
Favour from matches alone may be low, but the 1st win of the day thingy makes up for it. It's 800 favour only from those wins. 500/ level up and 800 if you win every game mode daily (just from the bonuses) is much more than you can get in League.

Inequality? Nope. The only content for real money available is cosmetic only stuff. Voicepacks, skins and icons have no effect on gameplay. There are no runes or whatever that would give certain players any kind of advantage whatsoever.
A lot of time? Not really if you enjoy the game. I bought a 9500 skin on Anhur like 4 days ago, kept on playing and when I looked today I was on 4500+ favour. If you think it is way too difficult to unlock each and every god, get the god pack, I finally did and it's worth it, it's the best deal you can get in nowadays' f2p games.

The low god pool to choose from problem will be gone after level 10-20. The Ra- Neith- Thor- Guan Yu- Ymir only lobbies will be gone as each player will buy new gods. Besides, if you wnt to try out a god you can go in practice games and try out a god that is in the rotation to see what that god does and what does not.

I don't think there are too many leaps, but that's my opinion.

Enjoy the game.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 8, 2014 10:41am | Report
Agreed with LevasK. Play it for a little longer, and you'll see that most of your cons will disappear because most of them aren't really too valid to someone who's used to the game. Just keep with it, and I'm sure you'll find more pros with the game than cons.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » March 9, 2014 7:53am | Report
Only thing i agree on in the Cons is the god rotation. From the perspective of someone who doesn't have the pack (which will be everyone who joins after official release), changing it every patch seems kinda slow. And I think once that gets changed the relatively small Favor rewards (which ARE balanced by the FW bonuses) will not really be a concern
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 9, 2014 8:25am | Report
Most of the gods you begin with don't even have a leap. Ra, poseidon, and thor(teleport) don't have a leap. As you play more gods you'll see there's more variety in skills. And the difference with people who pay and don't is barely anything, really. I've been playing and haven't paid a dime since the late summer of 2013 and everything seems up to par. I will probably be getting the god pack before smite releases, though; I'd get back like 150K favor haha.

Agree with LevasK

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dasBurges » March 10, 2014 10:05pm | Report
The difference you are seeing between people who pay and those who don't is not an intrinsic part of the game. I would say that effect has more to do with people who have paid tend to have more interest or play time in the game. I played the game for a month, unlocked a few gods and had a great time. That guy who bought the god pack and several voice packs? He's simply spent more time playing and learning the game. I have (anecdotal) proof too. I didn't pay for anything for the first month. Once I decided that this was a game that i wanted to support and went out and spent money, I intrinsically felt a need to play the game both more and better. I had now invested money and my brain made a subconscious switch. I won't say i felt an obligation because that makes it sound like i didn't enjoy it, but I definitely felt that now that I had paid for this, I had to get a return. I spent money because I was interested and wanted to get more serious, while my spending money had an effect of making me assign more importance, and therefor time, to this hobby.

too long don't read: The more importance someone assigns to something, the more they will do it. Giving money to something = importance, so if I spend money I'm more likely to invest more time to back it up.

dasBurges

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » March 11, 2014 7:43am | Report
For someone who played Smite when it first came out I can only say that the pricetags have always been fair and even when the closed beta ended they kept the god pack in the store, which is quite nice. Playing for some days isn't enough to get a good impression of a Moba. You are saying that the Hirez is basically unoriginal with their skill ideas, which is kinda funny, because there have to be many leaps and jumps for a third person Moba like smite is. Quite important for the game flow.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }