Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

More revealing Chang'e card

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » More revealing Chang'e card 32 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 19, 2013 3:21pm | Report
Looks lame compared to the older card, but even then, I liked the Bright Moon card better, which is the main reason I bought the skin, so at least when I play her, I get to see that card for the 10-20 seconds.

I understand the dislike behind it, but for me, I don't really care.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » December 19, 2013 4:29pm | Report
I like the new card, i thought it was better than the old one artistically speaking. Even though i agree there was no need for the sex appeal, i found it very sexy... should i feel bad about this??
I liked old Athena card too, it was artistically better than the first, but the current one is definitely the best so i am not complaining.

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 19, 2013 4:49pm | Report
Minscinno wrote:

I like the new card, i thought it was better than the old one artistically speaking. Even though i agree there was no need for the sex appeal, i found it very sexy... should i feel bad about this??
I liked old Athena card too, it was artistically better than the first, but the current one is definitely the best so i am not complaining.

Nah you shouldn't, that's the intention.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 19, 2013 5:01pm | Report
To be honest, I don't mind the pose, My biggest gripe with it is the.... Face. It just doesn't look... Pretty, to say the least.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » December 19, 2013 5:10pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Nah you shouldn't, that's the intention.

Thats good to listen, was already exorcising myself due to my anti-ethic toughts.

But talking seriously now, the card artstyle looks very fine but it's just disgusting that they pictured Chang'e like this, it grinds my gear when they start doing this just to attract that horrifying ***** public to the game.

And about Tencent's power at the game, i think it may be bigger than we think, since i read on reddit that Erez sad they did some gameplay changes just because Tencent wanted so, although i need to check this information veracity.

EDIT:You can check here. He said they did the changes cause Tencent required, correct me if i am wrong.

EDIT 2:And now we are talking about cards, Neith card is just incredible ridiculous, very, VERY disrespectful for the goddess.

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2013 5:39pm | Report
Minscinno wrote:

Thats good to listen, was already exorcising myself due to my anti-ethic toughts.

But talking seriously now, the card artstyle looks very fine but it's just disgusting that they pictured Chang'e like this, it grinds my gear when they start doing this just to attract that horrifying ***** public to the game.

And about Tencent's power at the game, i think it may be bigger than we think, since i read on reddit that Erez sad they did some gameplay changes just because Tencent wanted so, although i need to check this information veracity.

EDIT:You can check here. He said they did the changes cause Tencent required, correct me if i am wrong.

EDIT 2:And now we are talking about cards, Neith card is just incredible ridiculous, very, VERY disrespectful for the goddess.

The only people seeing this card are people actually playing the game... so, the "use sex appeal for customers" argument is kinda invalid.

There is an awful double standard where it's okay for men to be half naked but not for women. I suppose you're upset about virtually every male character in the game as well? (Chaac has a nipple piercing, also). Unless you intend on propagating the double standard. This is literally just fake, drawn cleavage.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » December 19, 2013 6:05pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

The only people seeing this card are people actually playing the game... so, the "use sex appeal for customers" argument is kinda invalid.

Not true at all, SMITE do have web advertisement and the Chang'e card was actually visible at Hi-Rez store. And, you know, people can often find the game while navigating and just start playing it because they like how the female characters look like, not that impossible.

Quoted:
There is an awful double standard where it's okay for men to be half naked but not for women. I suppose you're upset about virtually every male character in the game as well? (Chaac has a nipple piercing, also). Unless you intend on propagating the double standard. This is literally just fake, drawn cleavage.

Lets not talk about how society works, i mean, it IS okay for man being quite exposed, i see no problem at all if i see i shirtless man at street by example, but me, as a girl, would never go shirtless/braless at the middle of people. That's not me, it just how thing works, not saying it should be this way though.
Know, about being really half naked, i sincerely don't see any one like that, i mean, Xbalanque and Chaac dont wear many stuff, it is true, maybe Hercules either, but they just dont have the same appeal as Neith or Nu Wa for example, they are not sexy, just...normal.
Again not saying it should be this way, but that's how it is.

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2013 6:18pm | Report
Minscinno wrote:

Not true at all, SMITE do have web advertisement and the Chang'e card was actually visible at Hi-Rez store. And, you know, people can often find the game while navigating and just start playing it because they like how the female characters look like, not that impossible.

Lets not talk about how society works, i mean, it IS okay for man being quite exposed, i see no problem at all if i see i shirtless man at street by example, but me, as a girl, would never go shirtless/braless at the middle of people. That's not me, it just how thing works, not saying it should be this way though.
Know, about being really half naked, i sincerely don't see any one like that, i mean, Xbalanque and Chaac dont wear many stuff, it is true, maybe Hercules either, but they just dont have the same appeal as Neith or Nu Wa for example, they are not sexy, just...normal.
Again not saying it should be this way, but that's how it is.

But this is how society works, which is why things like this show up in a game in the first place. The double standard here is that women don't view men the same way that men view women. I'd think it's strange for a man (as a man) to walk around without a shirt on, or exposed or whatever in public (bar doing some kind of physical or athletic activity that would warrant a need for less restricted clothing). I'd think it's strange for a woman to walk around the same way. You say it's okay for a man to be exposed, without a shirt on, but not for a woman. That's called a double standard, and it's pretty stupid.

There's nothing "sexy" going on in any of the god's cards, male or female. I see absolutely nothing sexy about Neith, Nu Wa, or Chang'e. They're drawings, cartoons, with clothing covering up the majority of their bodies. They're, as you say, "just normal". I can go to the beach in real life and see women with far less on than them.

If you want to nitpick, try the Hel model with part of her *** hanging out of her skirt thing. That's pretty "exposed", and the only goddess that I can think of that comes close to almost being inappropriate.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » December 19, 2013 6:37pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

But this is how society works, which is why things like this show up in a game in the first place. The double standard here is that women don't view men the same way that men view women. I'd think it's strange for a man (as a man) to walk around without a shirt on, or exposed or whatever in public (bar doing some kind of physical or athletic activity that would warrant a need for less restricted clothing). I'd think it's strange for a woman to walk around the same way. You say it's okay for a man to be exposed, without a shirt on, but not for a woman. That's called a double standard, and it's pretty stupid.

Totally agree, things shouldn't be this way.

Quoted:
There's nothing "sexy" going on in any of the god's cards, male or female. I see absolutely nothing sexy about Neith, Nu Wa, or Chang'e. They're drawings, cartoons, with clothing covering up the majority of their bodies. They're, as you say, "just normal". I can go to the beach in real life and see women with far less on than them.

The actual point is that the intention exist, there is an intention to the card being sexy. If all of us humans could easily get out this double stupid standard society puts in our heads, we all could notice that there is no problem at all in those pics. But that is not how it works, sadly. People, me included, will look at these cartoons and will keep finding it wrong in someway, even the ones, like me, that are actually got by the appeal, because that would just prove that the card is appealing, at least to the majority of us that thinks in it as some sort of unappropriated content.

Overall saying

It sucks things are this way and worst than that is the fact that losing this way of thinking is kinda harsh and will not happen to soon. We can help though, starting for ourselfs.

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 19, 2013 6:59pm | Report
Ghraf, stop trying to be superior.

Firstly, it's a matter of dignity. Poseidon may be shirtless, but he's brandishing his trident as he summons a big *** hurricane. Chang'e is posing to expose her cleavage. They are completely different.

One more thing: We already had a long discussion about the double standard, women in Smite, etc etc a while before you joined. (Called "About Aesthetic Decisions...", you can look at it on the forum if you like).

Don't bring it up. It was resolved a while ago, and it'll just derail this thread.

I mean it. Talk about it as a PM, or make a separate thread, but don't shift the topic.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }