Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

More revealing Chang'e card

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » More revealing Chang'e card 32 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 19, 2013 11:01am | Report
This is what they call "Beauty" It's the norm for many people. More skin is more beauty. How come no one is complaining about Chaac and Herc showing off their abs while just wearing almost nothing. Girls, pay attention to the guy cards as well as the female cards. Your just being sexist.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sainctus » December 19, 2013 1:10pm | Report
I just wished she looked more Chinese.
Always in an Anoobis wrap.

~Going for all Legendary~
Current Legendary Character count: 7
Newest:Agni

Sainctus

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 19, 2013 1:14pm | Report
I don't believe it's a question of anyone being prudes.

I believe it has more to do with perception. When we see an artwork change that ends up focusing on certain features of a woman's body, it makes it look like the artists only care for the sex appeal for the character. It just feels like a lame tactic to get some ***** teenagers into SMITE, like all those cheap browser games you see everywhere that are advertised with highly-revealing women. Something that we'd prefer SMITE never be associated with. SMITE should be better than resorting to that.

There's also the fact a lot of us considered Chang'e to be a rather dignified character, and changing her card to expose more cleavage takes away from that.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 19, 2013 1:38pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

I don't believe it's a question of anyone being prudes.

I believe it has more to do with perception. When we see an artwork change that ends up focusing on certain features of a woman's body, it makes it look like the artists only care for the sex appeal for the character. It just feels like a lame tactic to get some ***** teenagers into SMITE, like all those cheap browser games you see everywhere that are advertised with highly-revealing women. Something that we'd prefer SMITE never be associated with. SMITE should be better than resorting to that.

There's also the fact a lot of us considered Chang'e to be a rather dignified character, and changing her card to expose more cleavage takes away from that.

Exactly.

I'd like to add that this change happened for apparently no aesthetic reason (who had a problem with her old art?), and so this new art must only be for sex appeal.

Although, HiRez does have a problem with changing perfectly good artworks for inferior ones. Remember that kickass Xbalanque art, the one with him spinning his bola in the rain?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 19, 2013 1:58pm | Report
How many people would hate me if I said "The card looks fine!"? But anyway I liked her old card much better .

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 19, 2013 2:05pm | Report
According to HirezBart, HiRez did not want to chang Chang'es card, but Tencent did. So they had to change it either way.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2013 2:12pm | Report

I'm confused why people are discussing her pose when there is a vampire rabbit devouring its own arm in the portrait.

This x 9000. WTF HAPPENED TO THE RABBIT?

But seriously, deal with it. Yes, I'm sure your eyes are melting out of your head and you're going into epileptic spasms because there's a hint of cleavage in her card. While you see more revealing real people on television, facebook, and in real life walking down the street, and possibly when you come home every day or wake up in the morning, suddenly this drawing of a fictional character is a big deal.

I'm surprised no one is complaining about the boob physics 90% of female gods in the game have if this is such a problem.

Personally, I'm okay with the Chang'e (see what I did there).

BUT HOLD UP, DAT XBALANQUE ART.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 19, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

According to HirezBart, HiRez did not want to chang Chang'es card, but Tencent did. So they had to change it either way.

I shall now hunt down tencent!

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 19, 2013 2:35pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Uh... no we don't. Tencent has every right to use it on their Chinese server. That doesn't mean NA/EU have to follow suit. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the skeletal-looking Hades anymore, now would we?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 19, 2013 2:40pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Uh... no we don't. Tencent has every right to use it on their Chinese server. That doesn't mean NA/EU have to follow suit. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the skeletal-looking Hades anymore, now would we?

That's discussable. They could do like LoL: NA and China Servers have different arts. But sadly, I like the current art style of Smite.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }